Callaway HEX Chrome+ Golf Ball Review Thread

Trying to decide if I should add to cart or not.

Thank you Buck! It is done.

Just grabbed a dozen Hex Black as well, so can do a little side-by-side.

I was able to play these yesterday at my local course. The course was in pretty good shape and the greens were in decent (not great) shape.

Here are my thoughts:

This ball is indeed long off the tee with the driver. I am typically a long ball hitter from the tee box anyway (It is not unusual for me to drive 300+ at least a couple times per round), but this ball really takes off. From the tee, it plays similarly to say .... a Roketballz ball. That is, long with little side-spin.

Off the tee with an iron - I found the ball to be a bit shorter. It was actually pretty frustrating considering that I felt it was longer with the driver.

Short Irons and Wedges - Gold! Pure Gold! Ball checks up great

Putter - Soft feel. Nice sound.

Summary:
I found this ball to play similar (IMO) to the Pro V1x. I feel like it was longer with the driver compared to the Pro V1x but shorter on the long irons than the Pro V1x.
It is every bit as good as either the Pro V1 or the Pro V1x in the short game.
I will definitely be adding this ball to my bag. It is a gamer!

I have played about 6 rounds with the Chrome+ and I believe it is now officially my "back-up" ball to the B330-RX, I really like it. Especially for the price point.

Just ordered a dozen yellows to test/for when the cotton trees make it snow.

Excited, the price and what I've been hearing may kick the b330 out of the bag.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Just grabbed a dozen Hex Black as well, so can do a little side-by-side.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I'm a big fan of the Hex Black and it seems like the chrome+ has a lot of similarities.

That's what I've taken from all this as well. They still haven't shipped though. Looking like it'll be late next week before they finally show.

Got my dozen in the mail today from the HitTheLinks contest with Callaway. Will be putting these in play next Saturday and will post my thoughts. Looking forward to seeing how these perform compare to the B330 RX

Got my dozen in the mail today from the HitTheLinks contest with Callaway. Will be putting these in play next Saturday and will post my thoughts. Looking forward to seeing how these perform compare to the B330 RX

Me too I will be playing them tomorrow, I've been using this years E6 so I'll be interested how they compare.

Testing out my first dozen tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Played these all day yesterday and today. Really great results. Tons of fairways and greens hit and was rolling them well off the flat stick. Only lost 2 balls today and one I had from hole 3-18 and it was still in decent shape. I do like the durability from these much better than the blacks IMO. I'll be playing the blacks tomorrow at AC country club. Wanna see how and if I like them more or less than the chrome +.

I finally got to put this ball into play after receiving the dozen at the Texas THP Invite. I wish conditions would had been different but the wind was blowing 30mph and they had just sanded the greens about a week ago. But, I really enjoyed the feel of the ball. Felt great off the driver and had good control around the greens (as much as you can on sanded greens). I want to put these against the Black and Chromes to see which is the better ball for me. Will probably head out to the course one day and put them all to the test before I decide what Callaway ball to continue to play with. Maybe do a driving, 100yd wedge to green and then chipping contest and come back and share the results. But I did like the feel.

I like the sound of you putting these to the test. Curious to see what you end up with. I have some of the regular Chrome and some Chrome + in the bag to compare. I will try and get in some similar comparisons this week too. I'm not sure I could do the blacks though. Maybe at a later date.
I finally got to put this ball into play after receiving the dozen at the Texas THP Invite. I wish conditions would had been different but the wind was blowing 30mph and they had just sanded the greens about a week ago. But, I really enjoyed the feel of the ball. Felt great off the driver and had good control around the greens (as much as you can on sanded greens). I want to put these against the Black and Chromes to see which is the better ball for me. Will probably head out to the course one day and put them all to the test before I decide what Callaway ball to continue to play with. Maybe do a driving, 100yd wedge to green and then chipping contest and come back and share the results. But I did like the feel.

I just bought a dozen of these and will put them into play today. I will be comparing them to my Bridgestone RX that I love.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I got to play these yesterday after getting the free dozen, I played the same ball all day and was really pleased with the 80 I shot. The Chrome+ was going straight, I was hitting my distances and the ball was sticking to the green, the only issue I was having was chipping with the E6 the ball would roll out a little more so I had to adjust to that and it cost me a few strokes early on but after that minus a few bad swings I was really pleased with the performance that after the round I gave a ball to each of my playing partners and told them to give these a shot, as both are Pro V1 gamers.

Last edited:
I won a box of these in the LinkedIn Callaway giveaway. Will post reviews soon.

I won a box of these in the LinkedIn Callaway giveaway. Will post reviews soon.

Me too dude!! As soon as I put these in play I will review and provide feedback.

I played these again today at Lake Jonesco, got in 27 holes with the same ball, only scuff was from a hard bounce off of a cart path. I had some longer than normal drives today but I think that might have more to do with the new X-Hot driver with the Miyazaki C Kua shaft from last year's Cleveland Classic. I had some very good approaches and chips. I really love the way this ball feels off of the putter, distance control is very good.

I got all mine marked up from the Callaway Hit the Links give away, I can't wait to take them to the course this week!

was chipping in the back yard today using these balls and my new forged wedges, they seemed to be spinning quite nicely and stopping very fast. I cant wait to play a round with these.

How do these do as far as compared to the normal chrome with short/medium 9-6 irons and wind? I noticed a quite a few times that went I play and Im hitting into a light wind with the chrome the ball will take off online then start a little fade look then balloon almost looking like its going straight vertical then fall 20 yards short. Do these do a better job at this or is that more of a dimple design thing?

Back