Callaway Metal Woods - Morgan Cup Staff

I should probably swap them out lol. I have an Attas T2 waiting to go in, I was just really shocked how well the stock shaft worked. I just don't like the feel of the RIP. Can't argue with results though.

the results so far have been good. I'm not going to change for the sake of change(a wise man told me that). I'm going to get in on a LM soon so see the numbers.

When an individual at Callaway's R & D reaches out and tells us that he firmly believes the stock offerings are not only adequate, but more than for our games, I trust them. It's only fair to test the clubs with the stock shafts before making any changes.

Fair enough guys, I was just curious. Mostly I was suprised with Tmex as I know he went to the CPC and I thought they recommended various changes for him (but I very well might be making that up)

Unfortunately I put a ridiculous amount of backspin on the ball due to swing flaws plus a high SS. I would love to be able to play clubs off the shelf with stock shafts, I would save myself a fortune but it just kills my consistency and ball flight. Has nothing to do with Callaways offerings, the only club I have ever been able to play with a stock shaft is the Mashie as it comes with a ridiculously good shaft.

As someone who battles swing flaws that put too much spin on things, I empathize in finding the right shaft Jrod (as well as the cost involved).

You're right man! That's why I'm considering it. I think it might be a better fit. I'm just scared haha.

Fair enough guys, I was just curious. Mostly I was suprised with Tmex as I know he went to the CPC and I thought they recommended various changes for him (but I very well might be making that up)

As someone who battles swing flaws that put too much spin on things, I empathize in finding the right shaft Jrod (as well as the cost involved).

Thanks for your answer on the shaft Jrod.

Thanks for your answer on the shaft Jrod.

Anytime pal. It's secret CIA business. I don't know if I am allowed to reveal my sources. Confidential Informants and all.

tried a little driving while shooting video last night.

Last edited:
Nice dude. Good info and I look forward to trying it out.

Thanks.
I'm guessing you will be staying with the Octane 3 wood.
I had some serious issues hitting the fairway wood from the deck yesterday.

Thanks.

this is where I was hitting it better...

I have had serious teeing the ball too high issues.

Thanks.

Yes I will be. I have not struggled in that department with it. Im heading to the range today, so I will test again.

tried a little driving while shooting video last night.

Nice video packed full of some great feedback. Anyone ever told you that you look like Padraig Harrington? If we can get you to do an Irish accent we could post it up and trick everyone that Padraig signed on with Callaway gear. Let's do it.

we are opposites

Yes I will be. I have not struggled in that department with it. Im heading to the range today, so I will test again.

I didn't have issues with the octane from the deck at the outing.
I'm going to chalk it up to a bad day with it.
Hit the hybrid good though

Nice video packed full of some great feedback. Anyone ever told you that you look like Padraig Harrington? If we can get you to do an Irish accent we could post it up and trick everyone that Padraig signed on with Callaway gear. Let's do it.

Well my Callaway 3 wood did replace my W/S 3 wood

Well my Callaway 3 wood did replace my W/S 3 wood
Yep, get that beard grown out a little more and work on your Irish accent, you're a shoe in for Paddy when he was growing his scruff there a little while back.

It was a great drive time video for sure. Good thoughts DDec.

Nice buddy!!

Nice video DDEc. I loved it. The Tour Octane 3w is extremely impressive off the deck (if anyone cares).

Thanks.

Same here. The Octane's profile seems to really fit a fairway shot.

Looking forward to your feedback.

on lunch I went and hit my driver on a launch monitor. I was happy enough with the numbers that I will be staying with the stock shaft for The Morgan Cup.

on lunch I went and hit my driver on a launch monitor. I was happy enough with the numbers that I will be staying with the stock shaft for The Morgan Cup.

How nice.

Did you get to hit it against your Supertri? You hit the Supertri well when we played together last month, but I know you were looking for a little more performance with the Razr Hawk, how did it go?

Did you get to hit it against your Supertri? You hit the Supertri well when we played together last month, but I know you were looking for a little more performance with the Razr Hawk, how did it go?

I did not have the SuperTri on me. But I can tell you that I am seeing a better ball flight with the Razr Hawk. I would say that I am getting a little more carry distance too.

How nice.

I thought so too. Knew you'd like that

yeah, I am staying stock as well

I did not have the SuperTri on me. But I can tell you that I am seeing a better ball flight with the Razr Hawk. I would say that I am getting a little more carry distance too.

It's good to hear that you're comfortable with the club. You were already a good driver of the ball before getting the Razr Hawk in your hands, you're going to be a fairway finder at the MC.

Great stuff in here guys. Nicely done.

Happy to report I came home from work to find a box from Callaway. And it was heavy. Like a driver and two FW's heavy. RAZR HAWK's!

Happy to report I came home from work to find a box from Callaway. And it was heavy. Like a driver and two FW's heavy. RAZR HAWK's!

Hurry up!!! Haha congrats dude.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

When I got home today I had one of those boxes on my stoop again.

IMAG0585.jpg

Spoiler
100_3313.jpg
100_3314.jpg
100_3316.jpg
100_3317.jpg
100_3320.jpg

Not sure why but I like this one
100_3321-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back