Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

That would be the understatement of the century. I hit one waaaay out on the toe on Jaws that still cleared the trees pretty easily, it's like cheating.
White or black tees? Not that that matters, the cool part is seeing the ball stay straight on those kind of strikes. I've felt the club essentially slip in my hand because I was so out on the toe and the ball is just straight as an arrow

White or black tees? Not that that matters, the cool part is seeing the ball stay straight on those kind of strikes. I've felt the club essentially slip in my hand because I was so out on the toe and the ball is just straight as an arrow
I thought of you and that shot last weekend - I hit one so far out on the toe it was almost a miss, but it still ended up being a straight shot and a hit fairway. I almost took a picture of the ball mark on the face to send to you. :ROFLMAO:

Black!

I thought of you and that shot last weekend - I hit one so far out on the toe it was almost a miss, but it still ended up being a straight shot and a hit fairway. I almost took a picture of the ball mark on the face to send to you. :ROFLMAO:
You should have taken a picture and posted it here 😁 the more proof to people, the better!

Found the swing today and the driver was great. Drove the short par 4 went from 315 to 10 feet and promptly left the putt short.

Saturday my driver swing was not in a great place but still feel it’s a forgiving head.

It's time to commit... to the fade. I'm tired of fighting the natural ball flight and looking for a club more distance off the tee. I have plenty of distance. Gonna play this in the standard setting with the weight in the toe and release the hell out of it. Start it left and let it ride back to the right. The hooks and low draw just make the game harder. I know I've played an event already but I went against my fitting and tried to do something "extra" and truth is... I'm not good enough to do that. This driver is super forgiving on most of the face. No reason to not use that advantage. When i get this straightened out I'll be back to this thread.
I don’t hit hooks with the MaxD. But at some point during the round, I seem to lose my fade and it starts going straight. Which is a problem if I am expecting a fade.

I don’t know what is happening, but next round after the first straight drive that I hit, I am trusting that the next one will be straight. I seem to go 3/4 holes left before I can “see/expect” a straight ball flight.

I don’t hit hooks with the MaxD. But at some point during the round, I seem to lose my fade and it starts going straight. Which is a problem if I am expecting a fade.

I don’t know what is happening, but next round after the first straight drive that I hit, I am trusting that the next one will be straight. I seem to go 3/4 holes left before I can “see/expect” a straight ball flight.
I’ve figured out the problem. It’s making myself fix it. I’m hitting 6 up and around 5 in to out. For a guy that has a fade face that’s just a massive push slice. It will get better. Way early in the year.

Anyone buy with the stock project X Cypher shaft? Just curious on thoughts.
I was super close between stock tensei and cypher. Distance and dispersion were similar. The cypher was closer to center on launch monitor but I didn't like ball flight as well. Oddly I was slightly fade w it vs my normal small draw so went w tensei. After having driver for couple weeks I checked out the cypher shaft to play on course and compare. I could easily play either. Both are same weight but cypher launches a tad higher and felt lighter due to higher kick point. I have fast transition unfortunately so preferred the tensei. I'm guessing a smooth transition would prefer the cypher

Think I might have sold one of these over the weekend. My buddy has been playing the Rogue I got at the Grandaddy since I moved on. He hit my Smoke on 18 and piped one down the right side, outdriving his original tee ball by a good 15 yards. He handed it back and said "man golfing with you can be expensive". :LOL:

Going to switch up the weights and try moving more to the back for my range/practice round this week if I can get it in. More morbid curiosity than anything. I know I have something that works, but that's how I had my Rogue ST setup so the itch must be scratched. At least temporarily. Whatever I end up in, it will be settled by this weekend.

Think I might have sold one of these over the weekend. My buddy has been playing the Rogue I got at the Grandaddy since I moved on. He hit my Smoke on 18 and piped one down the right side, outdriving his original tee ball by a good 15 yards. He handed it back and said "man golfing with you can be expensive". :LOL:

Going to switch up the weights and try moving more to the back for my range/practice round this week if I can get it in. More morbid curiosity than anything. I know I have something that works, but that's how I had my Rogue ST setup so the itch must be scratched. At least temporarily. Whatever I end up in, it will be settled by this weekend.
I can't help myself either sometimes messing with the setup during the early times of getting something new. Once I find something that works, I don't mess with it though.

I can't help myself either sometimes messing with the setup during the early times of getting something new. Once I find something that works, I don't mess with it though.
Yeah this is more curiosity than anything based on my experience with the Rogue ST. It's a quick change, so if I don't like it I'll be right back to the extra weight living in the front.

After yesterday, I'm a little hesitant to mess with anything, but I've got a Tensei Blue coming I was going to try in this. If I have similar results today as yesterday, going to be hard for me to mess with anything though.

My best golf buddy is playing the Paradym X driver (he and I were both playing them prior to me going to the Grandaddy). He won't even hit my Smoke Max because he knows exactly what would happen. :LOL: He hit my Smoke 7W and ordered one the next day, but he's not in a good position for buying a new driver right now.

My best golf buddy is playing the Paradym X driver (he and I were both playing them prior to me going to the Grandaddy). He won't even hit my Smoke Max because he knows exactly what would happen. :LOL: He hit my Smoke 7W and ordered one the next day, but he's not in a good position for buying a new driver right now.
There was definitely a pause when I told him what a brand new driver costs.

After yesterday, I'm a little hesitant to mess with anything, but I've got a Tensei Blue coming I was going to try in this. If I have similar results today as yesterday, going to be hard for me to mess with anything though.
I recently went to a Tensei Blue and the results have been very positive.

The rabbit hole continues...

Have plans to get out Sunday morning for a round. But that seems so far away. May try and hit up the range later this week to get more swings in

Don't rock the boat!

Don't rock the boat!

Why can't I just be happy?

Sneak Attack Surprise GIF by Kim's Convenience

Honestly, if I hit it even remotely similar today that Tensei won't see the light of day.

There was definitely a pause when I told him what a brand new driver costs.
There is a 50% trade in bonus right now.
It’s like he’s losing money if he doesn’t pull the trigger.
#enablermath

Why can't I just be happy?

Sneak Attack Surprise GIF by Kim's Convenience's Convenience

Honestly, if I hit it even remotely similar today that Tensei won't see the light of day.
I am proud of myself. I played the same configuration on my Paradym TD all of last year and didn't change until the I got the new hotness Smoke TD from the Grandaddy.

So as I’m about a 1/4 of the year in with the Ai Smoke Max in play, I thought it would be cool to see where I sat in FIR since putting it in play versus the Rogue ST I had in play. The comparison is drastic and it all points back to the forgiveness in the Ai Smoke.

For those who have the Ai Smoke in play what % FIR are you seeing over your previous gamer?

IMG_3124.jpeg

Back