Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Irons & Hybrids Review

What about the HL hybrids? Did you consider a 4H? I see from your signature that you go from the Max D 7w to a 5H That's where I'm currently at but I'm wondering about the gapping between the 7w and my 5H.
I did consider the 4H (and hit it) but the 7W was much better results.
The gapping from the 7W to the 5H was pretty darn close to what a 4H would give. A few yards was worth the consistency.
It really set up the bottom of the bag. Plus the 6 H is just so much fun to hit.

I did consider the 4H (and hit it) but the 7W was much better results.
The gapping from the 7W to the 5H was pretty darn close to what a 4H would give. A few yards was worth the consistency.
It really set up the bottom of the bag. Plus the 6 H is just so much fun to hit.
I currently have both a 5H and 6H. My current bag has 13 clubs with one spot open. I'm just going to figure out if it's the top or the bottom of the bag that could use an extra club. I have clubs to plug in both places so it will be decided by how I'm playing.

@Scooby45 mentioned the HL version of these. I have some questions now that he got the wheels turning.

I am playing the CB irons. When I'm hot, they are well... When not, as you can imagine the struggle is real. I displayed it last week at its finest.. good and bad.

I just got the 4H and will play it at 23 degrees. Its slightly over 200 carry on a "normal" swing. I can get it to 215 if I turn it over.

The 5H at 24 degrees. I'm really considering this at 26 degrees (love the adjustability in this part of the bag.) but would there be any benifit in the HL head at this position just to increase stopping power? I have no issue getting the ball in the air.
I'd wonder if the HL hybrid adds a bunch of spin. If so, I'd be worried a little bit about you ballooning the HL. You get plenty of height so I'd just stay in the same line if you added a pair.

Dang it I need to hit these hybrids. Still love my Mavericks, but curious to see the difference between the two. I feel a trip to PGATSS in my future.

@Scooby45 mentioned the HL version of these. I have some questions now that he got the wheels turning.

I am playing the CB irons. When I'm hot, they are well... When not, as you can imagine the struggle is real. I displayed it last week at its finest.. good and bad.

I just got the 4H and will play it at 23 degrees. Its slightly over 200 carry on a "normal" swing. I can get it to 215 if I turn it over.

The 5H at 24 degrees. I'm really considering this at 26 degrees (love the adjustability in this part of the bag.) but would there be any benifit in the HL head at this position just to increase stopping power? I have no issue getting the ball in the air.
If you don't have any problem elevating the ball, the HL may be overkill for you and might lead to issues with ballooning.

I'm playing the HL irons, but my 5H is the standard Ai Smoke. My swing speed is on the moderate/slower side (around 90 with a driver), and I don't have any problem getting the core Ai Smoke 5H up in the air.

Can't hurt anything to give it a try if you have access to a launch monitor or an outdoor place where you can see ball flight before buying - but if you were going to go blind purchase, I'd put my money on the core Ai Smoke hybrid to be the best bet for you.

Dang it I need to hit these hybrids. Still love my Mavericks, but curious to see the difference between the two. I feel a trip to PGATSS in my future.
I played the Mavrik hybrids before getting the Ai Smoke. The Ai Smoke are easier to launch, more forgiving, and longer. They're also straighter for me, the Mavs could start getting hook-y on me sometimes, haven't had that problem with the Ai Smoke yet.

I played the Mavrik hybrids before getting the Ai Smoke. The Ai Smoke are easier to launch, more forgiving, and longer. They're also straighter for me, the Mavs could start getting hook-y on me sometimes, haven't had that problem with the Ai Smoke yet.
After hitting the driver and fairway I'm super curious. I think the 5W is gonna unseat my UW, which is saying something. If I can get a little of that action in my hybrids I'll take it. I like high and straight. I do worry about hooking the Mavs when I really go after one, but it's rare that it's an off the planet hook like some hybrids.

For those still on the fence here, Club Champion is still doing a $100 full bag fitting, and $50 other fittings! Great opportunity to get dialed into some AI Smoke irons, hybrids, and woods

PromoCode: GETFIT

If you don't have any problem elevating the ball, the HL may be overkill for you and might lead to issues with ballooning.

I'm playing the HL irons, but my 5H is the standard Ai Smoke. My swing speed is on the moderate/slower side (around 90 with a driver), and I don't have any problem getting the core Ai Smoke 5H up in the air.

Can't hurt anything to give it a try if you have access to a launch monitor or an outdoor place where you can see ball flight before buying - but if you were going to go blind purchase, I'd put my money on the core Ai Smoke hybrid to be the best bet for you.
What shaft did you get in the Hybrid? Thanks!

I’m playing the Project X Cypher.
How do you like it? I have the Cypher 2.0 in my 5wd and seems to work well for me.

How do you like it? I have the Cypher 2.0 in my 5wd and seems to work well for me.
I have the Cypher 2.0 also, went with the recommendation of my fitter at ECPC, and for me it's a great shaft. It's a high launch/high spin shaft designed for more "deliberate" swing speeds, which describes me pretty well. :LOL: It doesn't feel "boardy" to me, and getting the ball in the air is almost effortless.

I have the Cypher 2.0 also, went with the recommendation of my fitter at ECPC, and for me it's a great shaft. It's a high launch/high spin shaft designed for more "deliberate" swing speeds, which describes me pretty well. :LOL: It doesn't feel "boardy" to me, and getting the ball in the air is almost effortless.
I think I’m ordering a 24* hybrid tomorrow…..

Has anyone replaced the Apex UW with the Smoke Hybrid? I love what I hear about these hybrids and Im curious about making some changes at the top of my bag and moving the UW up a slot and bringing a 4H back in the bag

Has anyone replaced the Apex UW with the Smoke Hybrid? I love what I hear about these hybrids and Im curious about making some changes at the top of my bag and moving the UW up a slot and bringing a 4H back in the bag
I have not. but i'm considering replacing my 4i with a Smoke Hybrid.....because of how much I love my 19* UW.

Very close to pulling the trigger on the Smoke 4i. I am wanting to go with a slightly lighter shaft than is in my UT and want something a little more forgiving. I do like the penetrating flight and lower spin of the UT. I am assuming the Smoke will launch higher which is okay and shouldn't spin too much more where it would be a problem.

Very close to pulling the trigger on the Smoke 4i. I am wanting to go with a slightly lighter shaft than is in my UT and want something a little more forgiving. I do like the penetrating flight and lower spin of the UT. I am assuming the Smoke will launch higher which is okay and shouldn't spin too much more where it would be a problem.
Have you taken notes on how @Canadan set his up?

Have you taken notes on how @Canadan set his up?
Yep! And it would be more in line with what I played in my previous set with more players iron into a more forgiving 4i.

Yep! And it would be more in line with what I played in my previous set with more players iron into a more forgiving 4i.
BTW.....the back of this iron can be used left handed. Not that you would ever be out of position.

BTW.....the back of this iron can be used left handed. Not that you would ever be out of position.
I am out of position way more than I would like. That is good to know. Ha!

I played an order today.
21" hybrid smoke ai with MMT80 stiff shaft
&
15" 3 wood smoke ai max hzrdus black 4G stiff
Let’s go!!! That’s a great choice on the hybrid, can’t wait to you get it - pls post your thoughts

I did this at the Hideaway for a chip on against a water hazard bank and was so happy about it

I love the hybrids - that is all! These are so good feeling and long bombers in my hand. My Paradyms were more low height low spinners that just chased. The Smoke hybrids launch high and come in to hold the greens!

IMG_8957.jpeg

Back