Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Irons & Hybrids Review

They reward you so much on center contact!

I hit some absolute nukes. And the flight was perfect.
18th hole, par 5, 2nd shot was 205 uphill over water to a back pin. 5 iron put it to ~18 inches for a tappity eagle. Everything about that shot felt great and was awesome to be rewarded.

But what was almost as good was the ease in which I could control trajectory, and still hit greens, with off center contact.

I hit some absolute nukes. And the flight was perfect.
18th hole, par 5, 2nd shot was 205 uphill over water to a back pin. 5 iron put it to ~18 inches for a tappity eagle. Everything about that shot felt great and was awesome to be rewarded.

But what was almost as good was the ease in which I could control trajectory, and still hit greens, with off center contact.
I blasted a 223 fairway to fairway 5i. Towering blast!

Somewhat slope aided.

Going to hit these hybrids this weekend. Heck if I have time I may see if they have one to tinker with after my lesson tomorrow.

BTW.....the back of this iron can be used left handed. Not that you would ever be out of position.
Bill Hader Omg GIF by Saturday Night Live

Smoke 4i ordered. I'm excited to put it in play. I still haven't hit any of the irons but looked at a set in store and from the looks of the 5i, the 4 will have the size to not be intimidating but not chunky where it will be a distraction or unappealing.

Smoke 4i ordered. I'm excited to put it in play. I still haven't hit any of the irons but looked at a set in store and from the looks of the 5i, the 4 will have the size to not be intimidating but not chunky where it will be a distraction or unappealing.
You stick with the KBS Tour 130x?

You stick with the KBS Tour 130x?
I decided to switch it up and go lighter. I went with a Modus 115x. I haven't hit the Modus before, but it could be a good fit for me. We will see, ha.

This is something I have thought about doing also in the 4 iron slot. Interested to hear your thoughts on it

This is something I have thought about doing also in the 4 iron slot. Interested to hear your thoughts on it
Don't think I really needed to do it, but wanted to give it a try and it's more in line with how my bag was set up earlier.

I decided to switch it up and go lighter. I went with a Modus 115x. I haven't hit the Modus before, but it could be a good fit for me. We will see, ha.
I like your approach lol

I like your approach lol
Usually like to try something before making a purchase but decided to roll the dice.

Read the article on the Modus from @Jman and think it could work well.

Bold move Mr. Spicoli!

Looking forward to hearing how it works out for you!

Can't wait to hear how it works for you. Callaway did a great job of putting some "help" in the irons without making them look chunky.

Can't wait to hear how it works for you. Callaway did a great job of putting some "help" in the irons without making them look chunky.
Looking for a little more forgiveness. I will use it off the tee but also from the fairways going for par 5s in two so I'm thinking it will have a higher ball flight than the UT. The UT is an absolute rocket.

Have any of you hit both the AI Smoke hybrid and the Paradym Super Hybrid? if so please share the difference between the two.

I returned my ai smoke hl # 4 and #5 hybrids with cypher 2 60 gram shaft's for the regular ai smoke hybrids with kbs hybrid prototype 85 gram shafts after a fitting . Hoping to get them out to a range this weekend weather permitting

I’m upset, I’m confused, and I’m a little sad.

Look. The Apex Pro and CB irons are probably my favorite looking irons ever. From the badging, the top line, the way they sole; PLUS the fact they have a 10 and 11 iron is just downright cool. These things are just pure sexy.

So it hurts me when I use these AI Smoke irons over my Apex Pro/CB combo. In fact, I’d say a piece of me dies inside.

But dang if that piece isn’t a f****** phoenix and rising from the ashes is this magnificent mythical metal majestic beast of pure performance as AI Smoke irons. I’m distraught at how much I like them. I’m outright beside myself with how well they perform. I am distressed and seriously just don’t get it.

I cannot get these smoke irons out of my bag. The contact, the trajectory, the ease at which the irons work is nuts.

I don’t understand why Callaway would make the beautiful Apex Pro/Cbs, and then have these magnificent smoke irons steal the show. Yeah they’re cast, by, so what?

It’s like, in the heartwarming 1999 romcom She’s All That. Zach is perfectly happy with the cheerleader Taylor. She’s seemingly got it all.
But now he’s gotta try to start something with Laney, and while it wasn’t supposed to be serious, he actually found this hidden gem, and it changed the entire landscape for him.

Sigh. Thanks smoke irons. You make me feel just like Julia Roberts it Pretty Woman. (You know, except the whole hooker thing)

Have any of you hit both the AI Smoke hybrid and the Paradym Super Hybrid? if so please share the difference between the two.

I returned my ai smoke hl # 4 and #5 hybrids with cypher 2 60 gram shaft's for the regular ai smoke hybrids with kbs hybrid prototype 85 gram shafts after a fitting . Hoping to get them out to a range this weekend weather permitting
@Mmaynard11 have you hit both?

The 21 degree seems to settle in at 22 degrees for me distance and ball flight wise. Low but not to low and it doesn’t climb. I think I am gonna have to order a 24 to play in the 25-26 degree range and eliminate the 5 iron as well

I have one of each in the bag and completely different uses. The SH is playing at 15 degrees. It’s a max distance lower launch hybrid. In limited experience the Smoke is higher launching and will spin more.

Back