Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

It's going on two weeks since I hit this beauty and I am having the DT's. ANother two weeks and I get to get back out there. I am jonesing to just go hit a small bucket at the range!

Played my second 18 with the Diamana Whiteboard Shaft on this head today. I closed the face this round and was POUNDING the ball down the middle. I love this combo.

Had my best round to date with the Fit today. Only lost one ball off the tee, which for me is better then a hole in one. Hit my first nine fairways. Very happy off the tee's today. Putting was a different story. Can't wait to hit the Fit again.

Anyone know the spec.s of the stock NV RIP shaft?

I keep going back to the stock shaft. Problem is I have to slow down the swing in order not to get it to snap hook and th launch is quite high.
I really liked the HD6 matrix in my TM SF TP I have a pull that was tipped a 1/4 of an inch but have not had much time to burn a swing in.

Half temted to spend the $150 and hit the Callaway studio in Illinois. Any one else use the studio?

Anyone know the spec.s of the stock NV RIP shaft?

I keep going back to the stock shaft. Problem is I have to slow down the swing in order not to get it to snap hook and th launch is quite high.
I really liked the HD6 matrix in my TM SF TP I have a pull that was tipped a 1/4 of an inch but have not had much time to burn a swing in.

Half temted to spend the $150 and hit the Callaway studio in Illinois. Any one else use the studio?

I have visited the studio and in result picked up the Callaway Diablo 9.5 Driver. It is a great club, and they really helped me to pick what would work best for me in my price range. Looking back I probably would have saved up a little more and bought a Fit if I had the opportunity. I would recommend checking out the studio.

Here is something crazy that I just read on the Callaway site, with Ernie winning at the British Open that is already the third major won with the Razr FIT driver!! Thats pretty impressive for a driver that is still pretty new to the market.

My RAZR fit arrived today and hit about 20 - 25 drives on the range tonight. I love the feel and sound, but not crazy about the ball flight. On dead center impact I was seeing a high ball flight that probably carried 230-240 yds with minimal roll. I knew this would be an issue with the RIP NV 60 shaft but overall it was a good price. I'm looking for a low to mid ball flight so maybe the Diamana White is the way to go.

Has anyone taken their RAZR fit to a local Callaway fitter to test different shafts? If so, do they have a good selection? I'd hate to invest $100s on a shaft with no idea how it will perform with my swing.

On that thought I'm curious why they didn't go with the real RIP'd NV shown here:

http://www.aldila.com/products/ripd-nv/

Seems like a lot of people are having issues with the higher ball flight from the stock one in the Razr fit. I'd always just assumed it was the real shaft, but their specs are clearly different with the real one having a medium/high kick point and the stock one in the Fit has a mid/low kick point and is 10 grams lighter.

They are going to have to ban the Razr Fit, since it's winning so many majors. Just like the anchored putters.

They are going to have to ban the Razr Fit, since it's winning so many majors. Just like the anchored putters.

I thought it has only won a single major? Anchored putters have won 3 of the last 4. And the Fed Ex Cup.

I thought it has only won a single major? Anchored putters have won 3 of the last 4. And the Fed Ex Cup.

It's won two LPGA Majors. US Open and the Kraft. Just making a point kinda.

Im looking around as well. Ive had my razr fit for 3 weeks, I carry it 250 yds with about 1.5 yds of roll out. It seems that a lot of people like the whiteboard in it. I have a cleveland classic 310 in my bag right now with a miyazaki black 61s. Awesome shaft, ive been throwing darts with it lately with great roll out. It seems the WB is very similar to the miyazaki black per the specs... Expensive, though.

You can get Miya K. Blacks on the bay all day for under $200. I just picked one up myself for my i20 for $122. One time pull from a classic 310 that's in mint condition.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I have 3 rounds in now with the Fit (Radix HD5) and the moon balls are plentiful. Carry is ok but I'm definitely losing turf and that is putting longer clubs in my hand for second shots. The RBZ Tour TP I was playing flighted lower and was giving me nice run-out. Run-out this time of year in Texas shouldn't be a problem but I've seen very little over the past 3 rounds. I'm actually going to take the Radix out of play and put the stock back in for Friday's round and see how that performs.

What settings are you working with NoLine?

I have 3 rounds in now with the Fit (Radix HD5) and the moon balls are plentiful. Carry is ok but I'm definitely losing turf and that is putting longer clubs in my hand for second shots. The RBZ Tour TP I was playing flighted lower and was giving me nice run-out. Run-out this time of year in Texas shouldn't be a problem but I've seen very little over the past 3 rounds. I'm actually going to take the Radix out of play and put the stock back in for Friday's round and see how that performs.

Hanks - working off 12/2 and Standard face. My natural ball flight is a baby cut to straight ball, that hasn't changed with the FIT, just the flighting.

Thanks

Can we get a recap of what shafts and settings everyone is using?

Shaft
Setting
Swing Speed
Swing type - hitter or smooth

Shaft
Setting
Swing Speed
Shaft: Matrix Ozik X-Con 6
Setting: Square with heavy weight in heel
Swing Speed: 105-108 mph
Swing Type: Canadian.

Shaft - Aldila NV 65 in stiff
Setting - 9.5`of loft with the draw bias setting
Swing Speed - 105/115
Swing type - hitter or smooth - oh def a hitter lol

Maybe try to open it up a bit with a draw weighting....that may help cut down some moon balls

Hanks - working off 12/2 and Standard face. My natural ball flight is a baby cut to straight ball, that hasn't changed with the FIT, just the flighting.

Thanks

Shaft
Setting
Swing Speed

Shaft- Diamana Blue (S) cut to 45.25
Setting- Neutral with draw weighting
Swing Speed- 102 avg
Swing type - hitter or smooth hitter

Maybe try to open it up a bit with a draw weighting....that may help cut down some moon balls

Shaft- Diamana Blue (S) cut to 45.25
Setting- Neutral with draw weighting
Swing Speed- 102 avg
Swing type - hitter or smooth hitter

Thank you Sir - will give that a try this evening.

Shaft- Diamana White 73 x stiff - 44.5
Setting- Neutral weights, straight at address
Swing Speed- 114 + avg
Swing type - very aggressive

On my FIT 9.5

Shaft: Fujikura Motore Speeder 6.2 Tour Spec (S)
Settings: 12 in the heel, 2 in the toe, Standard.
Swing Speed: 105-110
Swing Type: Depends. Usually quite smooth except on the next hole after bombing one. Then too aggressive.

Back