Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

On my FIT 9.5

Shaft: Fujikura Motore Speeder 6.2 Tour Spec (S)
Settings: 12 in the heel, 2 in the toe, Standard.
Swing Speed: 105-110
Swing Type: Depends. Usually quite smooth except on the next hole after bombing one. Then too aggressive.

Dude not sure if you know but this setting is the draw bias not standard

Razr Fit 9.5

Shaft: Diamana White Board 63x Stiff
Settings: 10 in heel, 2 in the toe...Closed
Swing Speed: Just under 100
Swing Type: Fairly smooth, my fault is that I forget to finish sometimes.

dh...I am guessing he was talking about the shaft being set in "standard" not open or closed.

Spent some time with the Fit TA on the range last night and we still havent made friends for some reason. Not sure if its the shaft or what but it just doesnt feel right to me. Might peruse the Bay for a different shaft.

Dude not sure if you know but this setting is the draw bias not standard

By "Standard" I was referring to the hosel setting.

Can we get a recap of what shafts and settings everyone is using?

Shaft
Setting
Swing Speed
Swing type - hitter or smooth

Shaft: Miyazaki Kusala Blue 61S
Settings: 12g Heel/2g Toe, Standard
Swing Speed - 95 mph
Swing Type - Hitter

This is the third driver I've tried the Kusala Blue in, but the highest lofted one. It really lets me swing as hard as I want to/can which is good because I don't do well with a shaft I have to baby. I actually took the stock stiff driver shaft and cut it down for the Razr Fit 3 Wood, and the early returns are positive (compared to the stock regular flex shaft that was in the 3 Wood).

Shaft: Fubuki Tour 63 X-flex
Settings: 12g heel/ 2g toe, neutral face
Swing Speed: 108
Swing type: Smooth

Results: Boom.

Love this club and the head shape is just perfect for me. Its the only large headed driver I can feel confident looking down at and I like how the face is a bit shallower.

Spent some time with the Fit TA on the range last night and we still havent made friends for some reason. Not sure if its the shaft or what but it just doesnt feel right to me. Might peruse the Bay for a different shaft.
Dude im telling you its the shaft! I do not like the PX Black what so ever, it just doesnt feel right for some reason, that is why I have a X-Con 6 on the way for the FIT TA. The head feels fantastic though.

Fitting results

Fitting results

Sahft - Miyazaki Kusala Blue 72 Stiff
Setting - 12 heel 4 toe D6 45'
Swing Speed - 96
Swing type - hitter -over the top

I bit the bullet today and went and got fit. Was suprised at my avg, swing speed that is down to 96 from years back. Getting old sucks!
Anyway my launch numbers are high and spin numbers are suprisingly low.

Ball spped -144.81yards
Smash -1.51
Vert. Angle -14.7
Spin Rate-1965

I averaged 269 yards total 237 yards of carry.

The shaft felt very smooth launch came down over NV rip. Fitter recommended I stay at 45".

I also tried Motore F1,Fubuki tour 73, Ilma 70,Motore F1 at 44.25", VC 6.2 ( just for kicks).

Was my first time in a true fitting on a trackman - was well worth the time and money. Justin at Club Champion in Willowbrook was true pleasure to work with!

Shaft --
Setting--
Swing Speed--
--

Shaft-- Matrix Ozik X-Con 6
Setting--Closed with 12 in heel and 2 on toe
Swing Speed--100-103
Swing type - hitter or smooth--Not really sure to be honest

Shaft
Setting
Swing Speed

Shaft Diamana Blue Regular Flex
Setting 12 in heel, 2 in toe, hosel set at square right now, but I move it around. Usually open.
Swing Speed 90-95
Swing type - hitter or smooth Try to be smooth, but when I want to spank one I get aggressive

Shaft: Miyazaki Kusala Blue 61S
Settings: 12g Heel/2g Toe, Standard
Swing Speed - 95 mph
Swing Type - Hitter

This is the third driver I've tried the Kusala Blue in, but the highest lofted one. It really lets me swing as hard as I want to/can which is good because I don't do well with a shaft I have to baby. I actually took the stock stiff driver shaft and cut it down for the Razr Fit 3 Wood, and the early returns are positive (compared to the stock regular flex shaft that was in the 3 Wood).

AD that is a combo I would really want to try

AD that is a combo I would really want to try

It really is an outstanding combo Chunky...I had previously played the same Kusala Blue shaft in a Diablo Edge, R11, and R9 SuperTri (all 9-9.5 deg) and all three combos launched too low, which is why I went with the 10.5 Razr Fit head.

After my experience earlier this year with a different brand, I also really appreciate the fact that Razr Fit tips are actually available at a reasonable price so that trying different shafts is so much easier...and I know I've said this before, but the fact that you can adjust the shaft/face angle without re-orienting the grip is just pure brilliance on Callaway's part.

On my Callaway RAZR Fit Tour Authentic

Shaft: Project X Black
Settings: 12g heel/2g toe
Swing speed: High 90's maybe?
Swing Type: Smoothe

I am getting a low flight with the PX Black, I am considering going back to the regular Fit or selling the PX Black and ordering a different shaft. Looks like the PX blacks are going for a decent price online so I could probably sell it and plenty of options to look at and use the money on.

Dude im telling you its the shaft! I do not like the PX Black what so ever, it just doesnt feel right for some reason, that is why I have a X-Con 6 on the way for the FIT TA. The head feels fantastic though.

I think you might be right. Feel awful like I'm just not connecting with it. Nothing like the Fubuki alpha in my fast 12 LS. That feels phenomenal.

Shaft
Setting
Swing Speed

Shaft: USPG Black Ops SoftX
Setting: 10g in heel, 2g in toe, neutral face
Swing speed: 104-106mph
Swing type: I'd like to think I am a smooth swinger... No... I AM a smooth swinger. (Don't know)

I think you might be right. Feel awful like I'm just not connecting with it. Nothing like the Fubuki alpha in my fast 12 LS. That feels phenomenal.

I feel like I clobber it, its just lower than I'm used to. I need to get out there and measure it off to see if I get the same distance as the regular Fit. I am dead straight with it every time, I love hitting it lower but I want to make sure I'm not sacrificing too much distance.

Well, just got back from a trip to ATL yesterday and had my first round since I returned my Razr Fit TA that had a crack in it and exchanged it for the Titleist 910D3. I can honestly say that while I hit the TA great and pretty long compared to my previous drivers, I am way more consistent with the Titleist. I am pretty sure that my distance loss is negligible and I am in the short grass more often than not (and when I played this week, I missed 3 fairways and they were due to me hitting my drives through the fairway). I think FOR ME, the Razr Fit being a longer shaft was doing more harm than good. I still think it is an excellent driver, but I just think it wasn't meant for me. Please accept my resignation from the Fit Club....

It really is an outstanding combo Chunky...I had previously played the same Kusala Blue shaft in a Diablo Edge, R11, and R9 SuperTri (all 9-9.5 deg) and all three combos launched too low, which is why I went with the 10.5 Razr Fit head.

After my experience earlier this year with a different brand, I also really appreciate the fact that Razr Fit tips are actually available at a reasonable price so that trying different shafts is so much easier...and I know I've said this before, but the fact that you can adjust the shaft/face angle without re-orienting the grip is just pure brilliance on Callaway's part.

You are going to make me spend money!

I feel like I clobber it, its just lower than I'm used to. I need to get out there and measure it off to see if I get the same distance as the regular Fit. I am dead straight with it every time, I love hitting it lower but I want to make sure I'm not sacrificing too much distance.

Id think you might be losing something although when its dry you get tons of roll out. I wonder what your launch angle is like?

Well, hello there.

3285e3f0-528a-2782.jpg

3285e3f0-5296-8cff.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

Is that a Tiger shaft, Ary?

Awesome, I bet that driver's a beast.

Back