Callaway RAZR Hawk & Diablo Octane Drivers

It's been a bit since I've tried one of these. Are they considered deep faced along the lines of say the R11?

Shallow face drivers and I are no longer getting along after my instructor changed my take away.

Razr Hawk has a shallower face to it.

Had another good round with this driver. I love it. Nerfny told me she's never seen me hit so many fairways and get the distance that I am getting right now and she is spot on with that assessment. For the first time in my life I think I've found my driver swing and the driver that goes with it.

This driver is easy to hit on the tee box, but after hearing JRod talking about hitting this off the deck I decided to give it a shot.

Now I don't think you can see the ball flight, but the ball got up in the air with no problem and traveled a very good distance. I hit a 3 wood right after this video and the driver was about 7 yards in front of the 3w. It was a fun shot to try, not one I would normally use from there. I just wanted to show my friend Silent Ninja that I could do it!

LOL thats awesome bro. Unfortunately I've had alot of practice with this shot from behind trees and other various hazards 30 yards+ off the fairway. I actually was teaching Hawk this shot yesterday. It's like the polar opposite of JB's rope hook. I hit it with a controlled 40 yard slice and about 20 feet off the ground. It has saved me numerous times.

The good news is I don't see myself having to use it too much with this Driver. This thing is just ridiculous accurate, and paired with the PX Tour shaft I was kind enough to receive from GG , the two are a match made in heaven. I was terrified using this club down in Florida with literally 20 practice shots all at the GC driving range before our Thursday round as usually the driver is Extremely wild for me. Not the case with this badboy I was right down the middle all day after working out a few glitches in my setup.

I'm going to the launch monitor in about 30 min and will get some numbers for people to see.

I'm going to the launch monitor in about 30 min and will get some numbers for people to see.

Looking forwad to seeing some numbers. I only see what this driver has done for me and can't imagine what it will do for a big hitter like yourself. I think it's a club everyone should consider. It's got great distance and great forgiveness. What's not to like?

Looking forwad to seeing some numbers. I only see what this driver has done for me and can't imagine what it will do for a big hitter like yourself. I think it's a club everyone should consider. It's got great distance and great forgiveness. What's not to like?

I hate alignment aids but thats about it. HEH

Great vid ddec! Good on you for giving it a go.

I'm intrigued by this driver, the buzz just doesn't seem to be going away...if anything, it's getting more intense!

Great vid ddec! Good on you for giving it a go.

I'm intrigued by this driver, the buzz just doesn't seem to be going away...if anything, it's getting more intense!

Tjhis driver is the real deal Paulo. I 100% honest when I say this is by far the most accurate driver I've ever hit. I had the shaft cut down to 45" so it's not the longest for me but it's by far the most accurate, and very forgiving at the same time.

Nice shot ddec, gotta love Razr Hawk off the deck.

JRod, I'm happy to hear that you're loving the RH driver dude, you killed it all weekend in Florida, I knew once you were able to get used to it a bit more you'd nail the accuracy of it too. I love this driver, can't wait to get it back out and hit it some more.

I've played a LOT of golf with Jrod. I've never seen him hit a driver like this. Ever.

Nice shot ddec, gotta love Razr Hawk off the deck.

JRod, I'm happy to hear that you're loving the RH driver dude, you killed it all weekend in Florida, I knew once you were able to get used to it a bit more you'd nail the accuracy of it too. I love this driver, can't wait to get it back out and hit it some more.

Yeah I'm never felt so confident with a driver that I can just walk up and take a crack at it, actually taking the best line as opposed to the line furthest from trouble. I hit my spot within 10 yards every shot but 1 yesterday that was my lazy swing after I had given up on the round.

To all the people who don't like shallow faces, I was the same way but don't let it stop you from atleast trying this thing. Just have to tee it up a tad bit lower is all.

I've played a LOT of golf with Jrod. I've never seen him hit a driver like this. Ever.

are you still pondering?

are you still pondering?

I'm sort of headed in a little different direction at the moment, but it would be one that I'd be hitting if I was shopping. The sound is fantastic.

Tjhis driver is the real deal Paulo. I 100% honest when I say this is by far the most accurate driver I've ever hit. I had the shaft cut down to 45" so it's not the longest for me but it's by far the most accurate, and very forgiving at the same time.

That's the very thing that has me pondering. I'm really looking for that accuracy, especially on toe/heel hits, which are my misses. I tend to hit my driver pretty clean most of the time, and tee it pretty low for best results. Without stating any of this, the reviews I've read in here just about make this sound like it fits the bill for me.
I can feel a range session coming on.

I am getting the Hawk re-shafted, as soon as I find the right shaft. Then I will be lethal.

I am getting the Hawk re-shafted, as soon as I find the right shaft. Then I will be lethal.

Does it have the RIP in it now? If so, how is that different than the Fubuki in your R11?

what are you thinking of going with?

Nice job guys.Funny thing yesterday I was in Wllay World aka Walmart. The are sell Callaway Drivers. I have seen Clubs in their store for a long time. Wonder if Callaway & them struck & deal.

Does it have the RIP in it now? If so, how is that different than the Fubuki in your R11?

it does....the Fubuki is a lot more "sturdy" IMHO. For me, the RIP is too whippy and I balloooooooooooooon balls with it.

what are you thinking of going with?

Dont know yet. I may put the Fubuki in it. I dont know yet though

it does....the Fubuki is a lot more "sturdy" IMHO. For me, the RIP is too whippy and I balloooooooooooooon balls with it.

Do you think the tip is softer? I thought the RIP was suppose to be low/mid like the Fubuki.

Do you think the tip is softer? I thought the RIP was suppose to be low/mid like the Fubuki.

the tour version may be like the Fubuki but the "made for" is not. I was/am not impressed. I have no clue on tip softness.

Just got back from the sim with some solid numbers. I just want to make something clear, this is not to brag but to show solid data for how amazing these clubs are.

Simulator: About Golf PGA Tour Simulator
Ball: Callaway Tour i(Z)
Club: Callaway RAZR Hawk 9.5 Neutral Weight
Shaft: Project X 7B3 6.5 Tipped 1/2" Playing at 45.25"

This is a 20 shot average

Total Distance: 308 Y (7 Yards Deviation)
Carry: 298 Y (7 Yards Deviation)
Club Speed: 122.2 MPH (1.8 MPH Deviation)
Ball Speed: 170 MPH (2.2 MPH deviation)
Backspin: 2883 (131 RPM Deviation)
Sidespin: 71 L ( 120 Deviation)
Horizontal Launch: 1.0 L (1.7 Deviation)
Vertical Launch: 9.6 * (2.0 Deviation)
Max Height: 58 Y (7 yards Deviation)
Offline Distance: 9 Y Left (14 yards deviation)

Club: RAZR Hawk 3+ 13*
Shaft: UST Proforce Tour V2 85g X playing 43.5"
Deviation in (_)
Total Distance: 291 Y (18 yard )
Carry Distance:284Y (22 yards)
Club Speed: 117 MPH (4 MPH)
Ball Speed: 164 MPH ( 7 MPH)
Backspin: 2957 RPM (144 RPM)
SS: 66L (88)
H Launch: 0.1 L (2.2) So accurate!
V Launch: 11.6* (2.2)
Max Height: 55 Y (6 Y)
Offline: 8 L (22 Y)

Can't say enough about these two clubs. I meant to bring my VR Tour to compare numbers but I completely forgot it. Again this is not to brag, I just want to show some concrete numbers and why I think both of these clubs are simply amazing.

Just got back from the sim with some solid numbers. I just want to make something clear, this is not to brag but to show solid data for how amazing these clubs are.

Simulator: About Golf PGA Tour Simulator
Club: Callaway RAZR Hawk 9.5 Neutral Weight
Shaft: Project X 7B3 6.5 Tipped 1/2" Playing at 45.25"

This is a 20 shot average

Total Distance: 308 Y (7 Yards Deviation)
Carry: 298 Y (7 Yards Deviation)
Club Speed: 122.2 MPH (1.8 MPH Deviation)
Ball Speed: 170 MPH (2.2 MPH deviation)
Backspin: 2883 (131 RPM Deviation)
Sidespin: 71 L ( 120 Deviation)
Horizontal Launch: 1.0 L (1.7 Deviation)
Vertical Launch: 9.6 * (2.0 Deviation)
Max Height: 58 Y (7 yards Deviation)
Offline Distance: 9 Y Left (14 yards deviation)

Club: RAZR Hawk 3+ 13*
Shaft: UST Proforce Tour V2 85g X playing 43.5"
Deviation in (_)
Total Distance: 291 Y (18 yard )
Carry Distance:284Y (22 yards)
Club Speed: 117 MPH (4 MPH)
Ball Speed: 164 MPH ( 7 MPH)
Backspin: 2957 RPM (144 RPM)
SS: 66L (88)
H Launch: 0.1 L (2.2) So accurate!
V Launch: 11.6* (2.2)
Max Height: 55 Y (6 Y)
Offline: 8 L (22 Y)

Can't say enough about these two clubs. I meant to bring my VR Tour to compare numbers but I completely forgot it. Again this is not to brag, I just want to show some concrete numbers and why I think both of these clubs are simply amazing.

nice dude!! Pretty solid numbers there.

Jeebus.

I was going to put up some launch monitor numbers as well but I might wait for a few weeks now.

Nah, I just wanted to update this sucker about the Octane driver. There's a lot of Razr Hawk love and understandably so, but the Octane is the true silent ninja. It performed mightily for me today, on route to my career low round, a 1 under 71. I'm pretty pumped about it. I hit the ball just great all day. I only hit the Octane on 4 or 5 holes but where it really came through was on the par 5 18th. It left me with about 208 to the center of the green and I went for it. I pulled it off to, thanks to my Razr X hybrid from Callaway golf.

Nah, I do love the Octane, I hit the ball better with it than any driver I've tried over the past couple of years. I think I might hit it a bit to high but I find more fairways with it, so I'll take the trade off.

Back