Callaway RAZR Hawk & Diablo Octane Drivers

Holy cr!p JRod. Those numbers are fantastic. Seems like they're really accuracte for you dude.

I was going to put up some launch monitor numbers as well but I might wait for a few weeks now.

Nah, I just wanted to update this sucker about the Octane driver. There's a lot of Razr Hawk love and understandably so, but the Octane is the true silent ninja. It performed mightily for me today, on route to my career low round, a 1 under 71. I'm pretty pumped about it. I hit the ball just great all day. I only hit the Octane on 4 or 5 holes but where it really came through was on the par 5 18th. It left me with about 208 to the center of the green and I went for it. I pulled it off to, thanks to my Razr X hybrid from Callaway golf.

Nah, I do love the Octane, I hit the ball better with it than any driver I've tried over the past couple of years. I think I might hit it a bit to high but I find more fairways with it, so I'll take the trade off.

Wow 71 that is amazing bro....great round. I haven't shot under par in about 14 years. The rest of my game is in shambles at the moment.

What is the most astounding to me is the consistancy. This was 20 shots and no "mulligans". Thats mishits and all included.

I've never seen you hit a driver straighter dude.

TC - NICE!

I bet if JRod had an Octane, he'd be hitting it 309.

I was going to put up some launch monitor numbers as well but I might wait for a few weeks now.

Nah, I just wanted to update this sucker about the Octane driver. There's a lot of Razr Hawk love and understandably so, but the Octane is the true silent ninja. It performed mightily for me today, on route to my career low round, a 1 under 71. I'm pretty pumped about it. I hit the ball just great all day. I only hit the Octane on 4 or 5 holes but where it really came through was on the par 5 18th. It left me with about 208 to the center of the green and I went for it. I pulled it off to, thanks to my Razr X hybrid from Callaway golf.

Nah, I do love the Octane, I hit the ball better with it than any driver I've tried over the past couple of years. I think I might hit it a bit to high but I find more fairways with it, so I'll take the trade off.

From everything you've said TC, I'm really inclined to go back another go round with the Octane. Don't get me wrong, I'm not changing the Hawk but you're really hitting the stuffing out of your driver. It sounds like its completely changed your stock shot and in a good way.

From everything you've said TC, I'm really inclined to go back another go round with the Octane. Don't get me wrong, I'm not changing the Hawk but you're really hitting the stuffing out of your driver. It sounds like its completely changed your stock shot and in a good way.

It really has Marcawesome! It's nice to be able to aim up the left side every now and then. I may ponder a reshafting at some point, but I'm very pleased with this driver.

Just got back from the sim with some solid numbers. I just want to make something clear, this is not to brag but to show solid data for how amazing these clubs are.

Simulator: About Golf PGA Tour Simulator
Ball: Callaway Tour i(Z)
Club: Callaway RAZR Hawk 9.5 Neutral Weight
Shaft: Project X 7B3 6.5 Tipped 1/2" Playing at 45.25"

This is a 20 shot average

Total Distance: 308 Y (7 Yards Deviation)
Carry: 298 Y (7 Yards Deviation)
Club Speed: 122.2 MPH (1.8 MPH Deviation)
Ball Speed: 170 MPH (2.2 MPH deviation)
Backspin: 2883 (131 RPM Deviation)
Sidespin: 71 L ( 120 Deviation)
Horizontal Launch: 1.0 L (1.7 Deviation)
Vertical Launch: 9.6 * (2.0 Deviation)
Max Height: 58 Y (7 yards Deviation)
Offline Distance: 9 Y Left (14 yards deviation)

Club: RAZR Hawk 3+ 13*
Shaft: UST Proforce Tour V2 85g X playing 43.5"
Deviation in (_)
Total Distance: 291 Y (18 yard )
Carry Distance:284Y (22 yards)
Club Speed: 117 MPH (4 MPH)
Ball Speed: 164 MPH ( 7 MPH)
Backspin: 2957 RPM (144 RPM)
SS: 66L (88)
H Launch: 0.1 L (2.2) So accurate!
V Launch: 11.6* (2.2)
Max Height: 55 Y (6 Y)
Offline: 8 L (22 Y)

Can't say enough about these two clubs. I meant to bring my VR Tour to compare numbers but I completely forgot it. Again this is not to brag, I just want to show some concrete numbers and why I think both of these clubs are simply amazing.
Not. Frickin'. Fair.
Nice numbers dude, you hit the ball so solidly every time too. It's fun seeing you hit these clubs.

Awesome round TC, I'm happy for you buddy!

I think I'm about to OEM some Hawkage:drool:

Nice numbers dude, you hit the ball so solidly every time too. It's fun seeing you hit these clubs.

Other than the opening tee shot at TMC! I still can't find that video, if someone could help me I would love them forever.

I just ordered a Diablo Octane Tour driver from Golfsmith.

The Labor Day 15% off sale at Golfsmith continues through 9/11. Use promo code EPS135FIF at checkout.

Callaway Diablo Octane woods are not excluded, so the drivers are $169.99 and the fairways woods are $127.49.

The Labor Day 15% off sale at Golfsmith continues through 9/11. Use promo code EPS135FIF at checkout.

Callaway Diablo Octane woods are not excluded, so the drivers are $169.99 and the fairways woods are $127.49.

Wow that is a steal. Let us know how it goes man!

That is a good deal! I didn't get a Diablo, but I may have splurged on a hybrid... Thanks for the heads up!

That is a good deal! I didn't get a Diablo, but I may have splurged on a hybrid... Thanks for the heads up!

Did you snag the Razr X hybrid? I love that thing!

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Unfortunately all the RAZR X clubs are excluded from the discount, so the hybrids are $159.99, not a bad price.

wow, thats a steal. the Octane 3w is awesome

Baffler Rail. My Mashie has been a bit of a hooker lately and I wanted to try one out. I have the FW and love it.

Last edited:
Just got back from the sim with some solid numbers. I just want to make something clear, this is not to brag but to show solid data for how amazing these clubs are.

Simulator: About Golf PGA Tour Simulator
Club: Callaway RAZR Hawk 9.5 Neutral Weight
Shaft: Project X 7B3 6.5 Tipped 1/2" Playing at 45.25"

This is a 20 shot average

Total Distance: 308 Y (7 Yards Deviation)
Carry: 298 Y (7 Yards Deviation)
Club Speed: 122.2 MPH (1.8 MPH Deviation)
Ball Speed: 170 MPH (2.2 MPH deviation)
Backspin: 2883 (131 RPM Deviation)
Sidespin: 71 L ( 120 Deviation)
Horizontal Launch: 1.0 L (1.7 Deviation)
Vertical Launch: 9.6 * (2.0 Deviation)
Max Height: 58 Y (7 yards Deviation)
Offline Distance: 9 Y Left (14 yards deviation)

Club: RAZR Hawk 3+ 13*
Shaft: UST Proforce Tour V2 85g X playing 43.5"
Deviation in (_)
Total Distance: 291 Y (18 yard )
Carry Distance:284Y (22 yards)
Club Speed: 117 MPH (4 MPH)
Ball Speed: 164 MPH ( 7 MPH)
Backspin: 2957 RPM (144 RPM)
SS: 66L (88)
H Launch: 0.1 L (2.2) So accurate!
V Launch: 11.6* (2.2)
Max Height: 55 Y (6 Y)
Offline: 8 L (22 Y)

Can't say enough about these two clubs. I meant to bring my VR Tour to compare numbers but I completely forgot it. Again this is not to brag, I just want to show some concrete numbers and why I think both of these clubs are simply amazing.

wow, other than the distance numbers, your launch conditions and spin rate are just about perfect with this thing (as far as I know). Really great results dude!

Awesome shooting bro!
Do you find the Octane forgiving on toe/heel hits like the others are finding with the RH? (of course, you'd have to swing for a mishit on purpose to find out....:wink:)

Paulo, I do find the Octane very forgiving across the clubface. My misses are higher on the face and this driver absolutely destroys the R11 in the forgiveness realm, especially high on the face.

Paulo, I do find the Octane very forgiving across the clubface. My misses are higher on the face and this driver absolutely destroys the R11 in the forgiveness realm, especially high on the face.

Thanks man. May have to add this to the testing list. Most of my misses are across the face, rather than high or low. Can't hurt to swing it! :D

I've got to agree with TC on this one. I've been gaming the Octane 13.5* and a regular shaft for the past couple of months. This is my first driver and has transformed my game. I used to slice my old 3 wood off the tee, but now have just a gentle fade with the Octane and get the ball out to about 220 - 230 yards, with a maximum of 250ish off an elevated tee. Not massive distance I know, but not bad for someone who's only been playing 2 years. :)

The confidence this club has given me off the tee box is immense and has meant that I'm hitting far more FIR (and therefore GIR) than I've ever seen. It's also a forgiving club and I've had mishits both towards the heel and the toe go out straight to 200 yards. I'm already starting to wish that I'd tried a slightly lower loft, so will probably give it another year then try the 11.5 and see how I get on with that.

Finally, we get the Octane Black model over here in the UK with the black base and face, and I think it looks fantastic as well as playing great.

Thanks man. May have to add this to the testing list. Most of my misses are across the face, rather than high or low. Can't hurt to swing it! :D

If thats the case you should hit the Razr Hawk. Its very forgiving across the face.

If thats the case you should hit the Razr Hawk. Its very forgiving across the face.

I'm hoping to give it a swing this very evening at the range. With a bit of luck, might even get it on the Trackman against my current driver. I am tempted!

agreed. My miss is out near the toe and I still produce some great shots with it.

Back