Callaway RAZR X Black Driver

Gotta say i prefer the RAZR Fit much nicer head from the address position. I'm really not liking the decal on top of this one dunno why they do it or they should look to have one without it aswell

Not a fan of the red graphics on top. I'm sure some people like that but I just like a more traditional look from address without any fancy graphics or designs.

I know this is a different line but I wonder if this is more for the Octane crowd?

That was my first thought. If so, the sole just blows the Octane away for me. Real nice look to it. I don't mind the crown at all either.

The design on the crown is not distracting on the course. This driver frames the ball very well. I liked it better then the Fit

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

That's interesting! What did you like better?

Holy mirrored finish, Batman!!!

Has my dull white driver made reflections more noticeable to me?

People act like they've never seen an Octane driver before. This crown is strikingly similar. And from personal experience, the forged composite on the crown is wicked looking.

Here are a couple of videos of ddec and Chunklylover77 hitting this one at the range.

I love the look of the bottom, but have mixed feelings about the crown. I still am anxious to swing it a few times though.

Now this looks badarse. Really like what they did with the looks. I see they have a new headcover design this year too, looks good. Does this have a GP NC MC grip like the Rzr FIT?

Now this looks badarse. Really like what they did with the looks. I see they have a new headcover design this year too, looks good. Does this have a GP NC MC grip like the Rzr FIT?

No, it has a different Callaway grip. I kind of liked it, and I normally dont like standard grips.

Previous post was meant for the Long Tom. The Razr Black is fantastic. Best driver I hit all weekend. Liked the Motore shaft a lot better than the RIP in the FIT. I tended to get a little too high ball flight on mishits but other than that I loved it

People act like they've never seen an Octane driver before. This crown is strikingly similar. And from personal experience, the forged composite on the crown is wicked looking.

I think the look of this crown is much better than the octane. I'll post more thoughts when I get in the office

I'm pretty certain this will be my driver for 2012. I really quite liked the Octane but would've preferred it lower lofted than a 10.5* for lefties. Hoping this one will be.

Dean was killing this on the range. I thought it was good but I would not game it as its too long. Not as bad as I thought going in

You got your threads mixed up already on your new tablet. This is the razr x black driver thread, not the long Tom thread.

Dean was killing this on the range. I thought it was good but I would not game it as its too long. Not as bad as I thought going in

So I assume from your comment this is 46" shaft length?

I love how everything is going black this year. It's such a clean, stealth look that doesn't scream look at me like certain white sticks do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

So I assume from your comment this is 46" shaft length?

Sorry. Dean is right that I got the threads mixed up. This driver was frikken awesome

Sorry. Dean is right that I got the threads mixed up. This driver was frikken awesome

I was going to say! How did you change your mind since last night? Chunky hit this driver great. If he ends up being a Callaway Staffer, I would bet money that this would be his driver of choice. It would probably be mine too after comparing the 2 last weekend.

Ok good to know. I think it looks awesome. How did you guys feel about the shaft offering? And no I didnt watch the video, cant hear them at work.

this is what I think of when I think Callaway driver. It looks pretty good. To me, its almost like the just re worked the Diablo. I am on the fence on this one.

At this point absolutely this would be my choice. In person I honestly thought this was better looking and better performing. What a steal at the price point

pretty nice looking driver. I think id like the alignment on the club head.

At this point absolutely this would be my choice. In person I honestly thought this was better looking and better performing. What a steal at the price point

Same here. I liked it better than the Razr Fit. Not that the razr fit was bad but I just preferred this. The stock shaft fit me much better and felt smoother to me. I think this driver offers plenty of distance and forgiveness. Love the black face on it. I wasn't sure of the red on the top when I first picked it up, but it really didn't bother me 1 bit on the course. The way they changed the Forged Composite look to the crown is a big improvement in my eyes. It looks spectacular in the sunlight. Also I want to thank Callaway for giving us a real hosel instead of the S2H2 that they have been using for a number of years.

Like the looks on the Fit better. Not sure about the graphics on the crown.

Very nice looking club. Love the red on the top.

Tapaway!

I like the top line look of this club and the regular hosel. Made a sweet sound when the boys hit it.

Back