Callaway Razr X Irons - All Lines

NICE! I know how disappointed you were with the diablos not being LH. just when you get your 2.0 distances dialed in, you will go back to hitting like a poooo....hehe

you must have me confused with another calloway, i don't hit anything like poooo

you must have me confused with another calloway, i don't hit anything like poooo

oh, my bad.....but I thought it was you

well, i'm just pumped to know that it's an option for me as a lefty! that's what's most important. i can't wait to demo all three.

I took a burner 2.0 3i to the range today and I was seeing very similar distances to my DF's.

Ok, so now you boys have had some time with these and I want some feedback...hehe

Ok, so now you boys have had some time with these and I want some feedback...hehe

Deal.

Razr X: I did not hit these at all as they had graphite shafts in them and that would not have been fair because the shafts were completely wrong for me, but Flooder hit them and really seemed to like them.

Razr X Tour: Easily the best of the new Razr line. These setup a lot like my DF irons and feel almost as good too! I can't really comment on the distance because the wind was so nasty. If I were to buy a Razr iron, I would buy these.

Razr X Forged: I was extremely biased for these and when I first hit them on the range, I was liking them because I wanted to like them, but after spending more and more time with them and compairing them to the Razr X Tour, I began to kind of hate them. They don't feel as good as my DF's and are less forgiving. I swear to you that I hit the Nike VRII Pro Blades better than I hit the Razr X Forged and this was with a 3 iron! There is nothing really wrong with the Razr X Forged, but there is nothing really right with them either.

In the end, if I had these 3 club sets plus my DF irons to choose from, I would choose my DF irons with the Razr X Tours in a very close second.

Deal.

Razr X: I did not hit these at all as they had graphite shafts in them and that would not have been fair because the shafts were completely wrong for me, but Flooder hit them and really seemed to like them.

Razr X Tour: Easily the best of the new Razr line. These setup a lot like my DF irons and feel almost as good too! I can't really comment on the distance because the wind was so nasty. If I were to buy a Razr iron, I would buy these.

Razr X Forged: I was extremely biased for these and when I first hit them on the range, I was liking them because I wanted to like them, but after spending more and more time with them and compairing them to the Razr X Tour, I began to kind of hate them. They don't feel as good as my DF's and are less forgiving. I swear to you that I hit the Nike VRII Pro Blades better than I hit the Razr X Forged and this was with a 3 iron! There is nothing really wrong with the Razr X Forged, but there is nothing really right with them either.

In the end, if I had these 3 club sets plus my DF irons to choose from, I would choose my DF irons with the Razr X Tours in a very close second.

Ver interesting Seth, that speaks HUGE VOLUMES in my eyes! Man, I guess that still leaves me wanting the DF's. I will hit the Razr series when I get the chance for sure though. Thanks buddy

Ver interesting Seth, that speaks HUGE VOLUMES in my eyes! Man, I guess that still leaves me wanting the DF's. I will hit the Razr series when I get the chance for sure though. Thanks buddy

I think you will love the Tour version man. I was so dissappointed with the Forged. It just shows you that a forged club doesn't always mean better...

I think you will love the Tour version man. I was so dissappointed with the Forged. It just shows you that a forged club doesn't always mean better...

very interesting, man I always thought the tour version was most like the DF's...well, at least by the pictures

nice reviews SethO. I was a fan of the tour version over the forged when the pics were released.

You hit the nail on the head man.

well, honestly, your thoughts were all I was really looking for on these...just because I wanted a review from someone gaming the DF's

Sitting here in the airport I'm pondering this topic. Having hit all 3 lines this weekend, I'm left wanting a little more right now. The Razr was nice but difficult to gauge due to the graphite shafts. The Razr X Tour was firm but solid, more forgiveness would be nice. The Razr forged was tough to hit but when you hit it just right it was niiiiiice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im with Hanks somewhat here. While I would have liked more, I found the line will have something for everybody. Im just not sure it is enough of a step up from the Diablo Edge line that we saw in 2010.

this is what I am getting from a few people...what a bummer. I was really excited about these.

well, obviously i haven't hit any of them, but i love the way the Razr tours look. they look so much better in person than any picture does them any justice. i look forward to hitting this iron a ton! of course, i will reserve more judgements until i can actually hit them, but based on looks alone, i like them.

I hit these last Friday to warm up before trying out the Diablo Octane driver. I believe I was swinging the Razr Tours. Picked up an 8 iron to warm up with and was pleasently suprised. They have a very similar feel to me as my Diablo Edge irons as far as swing feel and head weight.
One big difference however, I was hitting the Razr consistently 160 to 175 yds.
My Diablo 8 iron range is usually about 150 on a good day.
Don't know if the screen readouts were "biased" or not since it was a Callaway demo day but the Razr's were definitely about a club longer for me.

These will be headed to the range tomorrow with some testers for full write ups coming soon. Lots of different handicaps testing out all 3 lines.

Good to hear have been wondering about these babies. I used to use the 07 x-forged and it will be interesting to hear what people have to say.

I must have missed these. Nice looking irons.

These will be headed to the range tomorrow with some testers for full write ups coming soon. Lots of different handicaps testing out all 3 lines.

I am very interested to see what people have to say about these compaired to what I thought.

I saw that there is another line of RAZRs coming out - the RAZR Muscleback - essentially the X-Protos but with a different finish.
Does anyone have any details on these clubs?

Very interested in the testers feedback. The Razr line and the new Cleveland line have my attention right now. I'm not one for the white-out Taylormade is going with for 2011 so I can say that there is at least 1 brand that isn't even slightly tempting me.

I like the looks of the Razr X Forged, don't hate the Razr X Tour but the Razr X is definitely not my cup of tea. Maybe they're better in person but I just don't know.

That summed up my thoughts exactly.

Very interested in the testers feedback. The Razr line and the new Cleveland line have my attention right now. I'm not one for the white-out Taylormade is going with for 2011 so I can say that there is at least 1 brand that isn't even slightly tempting me.

I have not seen any white irons from TM. I am slightly drunk right now, so I could have misread your post.

Sent from my iPhone so please ignore my horrid typing mistakes

Back