Callaway Razr X Tour Irons

Will do. I am debating a little to see which I get. Basically...do I stall for the Black? I get a deal through the Mini-Tour office of the one Mini-Tour I play on. I sort of foresee me going with the current ones and not waiting for the Black. I'd really like to practice and put them into action in February.

Alex

I'd have trouble waiting too.

I'm sure they will. I saw the Razr X Black irons on the Callaway site. OMG.. shooper shexy. I was going through the Callaway Pro Staff bags just for kicks. I found it interesting that more guys use the Razr X over the Razr X Tour. The number of guys using the Razr X Musclebacks though is huge. I could go Razr X MB and play them well but I have decided to check my ego at the door. Some are using the Diablo Forged still as well. I'm tempted to hold off and see if they have them in Black come early January but I dunno if I can wait. I really do want to take Callaway sticks south in Feb.

Alex

I haven't seen the slightest hint that they are going to release the MB's or RAZR X Forged in black so I am not holding my breath. I have, however, drooled over the thought of a RAZR X Black Forged iron with a custom black KBS Tour shaft and some nice black Pure Grips with the THP logo on them. Those would fly off the shelves....Anyhow, I am excited to see what they showcase at the PGA Show next month, I'm sure they will be showing something that we haven't heard any rumors or gotten any glimpses of yet. Based on the recent stories of the ads they are going to run at the end of January and how they are really trying to step up their game I think they are going to have some surprises up their sleeves.

I heart the RXT's but a piece of me regrets not choosing the RXF's for last year's Morgan Cup. I think the RXF's are stunning. They really are similarly shaped to the RXT's as far as looking down at them. Slightly narrower soles and that clean, forged cavity is pretty attractive.

I love the X Forged and I plan on having them in my bag fo the MC. TC, have you hit the Musclebacks at all? I know my Taylormade MB's are easier to hit that some other blades so I wouldn't dream of playing a full bag of them, but if they are available I might put some RAZR MB's in the bag for my 8-P, but I just haven't heard much about them anywhere. Have you had the chance to hit the MB at all?

I love the X Forged and I plan on having them in my bag fo the MC. TC, have you hit the Musclebacks at all? I know my Taylormade MB's are easier to hit that some other blades so I wouldn't dream of playing a full bag of them, but if they are available I might put some RAZR MB's in the bag for my 8-P, but I just haven't heard much about them anywhere. Have you had the chance to hit the MB at all?

I've only hit the 7iron buddy. Pretty awesome looking and I love that those are what Phil swings. They are, IMO, the cleanest, best looking blades on the market. Based on how I hit the 7iron, I wouldn't have a problem bagging the 8-PW like you're thinking. That would be a gorgeous set to put together right there. There's something about this Razr line that's just good. The ball explodes off the face. Awesome distance

Good to hear thanks for the help. I know the MC is still a little ways off but I can't wait to start swinging these.

Good to hear thanks for the help. I know the MC is still a little ways off but I can't wait to start swinging these.

INgolfer - as soon as my excitement dims even a tiny bit- you post in this thread and get me all jacked up again- as if I needed that hahha. I love it - I played with these yesterday in my local golf shop and man are they sweet. Even better in person.

I still haven't seen the Muscleback's in living colour yet. They sure are purdy.. not Ted Purdy though. I did the club selector for the heck of it... it recommended the Razr X Tour with the Diablo Forged second.

Alex

I still haven't seen the Muscleback's in living colour yet. They sure are purdy.. not Ted Purdy though. I did the club selector for the heck of it... it recommended the Razr X Tour with the Diablo Forged second.

Alex

I did as well and mine came up the same as yours, except that my second choice was the Razr X. I already play a blade so I'm positive I could handle the muscleback at least from 7-pw. But it is interesting that neither of us came up mb in the club selector.

I did as well and mine came up the same as yours, except that my second choice was the Razr X. I already play a blade so I'm positive I could handle the muscleback at least from 7-pw. But it is interesting that neither of us came up mb in the club selector.

To be honest I was quite shocked when they never came up. Or the Razr X Forged for that matter. I'm guessing it was because I was looking for a blend of playability and forgiveness. I currently play Nicklaus NPS-2 irons (muscle-cavity) which aren't the most user friendly sticks (I love them and play them real well). I know I could play the MB but a little forgiveness coming down the 18th isn't detrimental by any stretch.

Alex

I have been playing the TaylorMade MBs, but from other blades I have hit before I know they are a little easier to hit, so I am not sure how well I would do with a full set of RAZR Musclebacks. I have seen some videos though of the RAZR MB and they show how more weight is lowered in the long irons to help get the ball in the air and make them easier to hit and as the irons get shorter you can see more of the weight at the top to help keep the flight low. I am good enough with my short irons to feel comfortable with a 7-P of the MB, but I am not sure about a full set of them yet. If they are as easy to hit as the TaylorMade MBs then I could see myself having a full bag of the MB because I hit my long irons with my current set better than I ever did with my previous Nike Split Cavity. Either way I don't think we can go wrong here, Callaway just has some serious offerings here for everyone in their 2012 line-up.

Finally opened these babies up. So pretty, nice thin topline, compact size. Tomorrow night I'm going to hit them at a dome, can't wait! I also got an extra club in the set, the 3 iron. Excited to see how it performs :)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I was just looking at these at the pro shop yesterday, the topline was thinner than I remembered.

My order gets placed this week... 4-PW Project X Rifle Flighted, Standard Wrap, Code Green.

Alex

My order gets placed this week... 4-PW Project X Rifle Flighted, Standard Wrap, Code Green.

Alex

your gonna love them! Such a fun iron...

and the most under rated iron on the market IMHO

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I was just looking at these at the pro shop yesterday, the topline was thinner than I remembered.
I was actually surprised at the topline myself when I unboxed them. Very thin when compared to other full cavity back irons

your gonna love them! Such a fun iron...

and the most under rated iron on the market IMHO

They were a blast to hit at the CPC and my swing was off that day. LOL... it tells me how forgiving they really are. These will be definitely be WMD for me. Can't wait... I also made arrangements with the chap that fit me for a real good deal on a new Tour bag. Pics will follow when all is said and done.

Alex

They were a blast to hit at the CPC and my swing was off that day. LOL... it tells me how forgiving they really are. These will be definitely be WMD for me. Can't wait... I also made arrangements with the chap that fit me for a real good deal on a new Tour bag. Pics will follow when all is said and done.

Alex

nice man, I cant wait to see some pics

Alex

Can't wait to hear what you think of them after hitting them a while. Code green the ping system? 2 degrees upright?

Can't wait to hear what you think of them after hitting them a while. Code green the ping system? 2 degrees upright?

With Callaway... green is 1* up. My purchase might have hit a snag. The number 2 recommended iron for me I just found for $475 brand new. Diablo Forged.

Alex

These are good looking irons. If I was in the market and I check these out.

With Callaway... green is 1* up. My purchase might have hit a snag. The number 2 recommended iron for me I just found for $475 brand new. Diablo Forged.

Alex

I just posted in the other thread about the Diablo- tough decision. Either way, you can't go wrong. Thanks for getting back to me about the lie angle question! I hope you love the Diablo's!

I can't wait to compare these to the black irons and the forged. They all have such a nice look. Those who have played the Razr X tours- are they more offset than the Razr X forged?

I can't wait to compare these to the black irons and the forged. They all have such a nice look. Those who have played the Razr X tours- are they more offset than the Razr X forged?

I have been looking pretty hard at the XF line too.....so many great choices!!

This has been a great thread and one that I almost hate to come to as I love what I'm hearing. It's almost like torture, especially after the good results I had testing the non-tour version at the shop. I won't call myself a Callaway fan, but these results are moving me that direction.

Back