Callaway Staff Irons - The Morgan Cup

lol @ "the TC Killer". Love it dude. Great sounding shot. WHat's it like hitting your 6iron from 140 out?

And like you've said, it really contributes to the feel. They go hand in hand. It's like you're just cutting through the ball and miracle blading the turf. I liked previous Callaway irons but these just produce a different sound/feel than I've experienced before with Callaway.

I agree with the part about the sound. Its very unique and I really like it.

Haha, yeah. I don't get the whole sweetspot and why people need them. Aboot lol.

Yeah, he has to get new irons after every round cause he knocks the sweet spot off his!

Nice shot Yoccos, sounded really crisp!

I've heard that aboot him. Just pure workability!

Lol. Accurate buddy, accurate :)

I'm still trying to not sway, but the wind caught me haha.

lol @ "the TC Killer". Love it dude. Great sounding shot. WHat's it like hitting your 6iron from 140 out?

York it really is. The guy I was playing with was really impressed too. He swore I was striking the ball pure(e).

I'm really glad the little Flip was able to capture the sound.

That was an awesome little video Yoccos! The sound is awesome!

Lol. Accurate buddy, accurate :)

I'm still trying to not sway, but the wind caught me haha.

I couldn't tell if the sway was present of not dude. I'm glad you're digging the irons though. You do a great job of updating your progress with them. Were those the only two trees on that golf course?

I couldn't tell if the sway was present of not dude. I'm glad you're digging the irons though. You do a great job of updating your progress with them. Were those the only two trees on that golf course?
I know, it looked like course in the middle of a flat farm in Nebraska. :D

York it really is. The guy I was playing with was really impressed too. He swore I was striking the ball pure(e).

I'm really glad the little Flip was able to capture the sound.

I bet the guy you were playing with was like....Woah, are you a 13.4 HDCP?

Looks like rutarde's home course. No wonder he's a good golfer in South Dakota, it's like playing on a grassed out Wal-Mart parking lot.

Looks like rutarde's home course. No wonder he's a good golfer in South Dakota, it's like playing on a grassed out Wal-Mart parking lot.

Why does this make me laugh EVERY time I see it?

Lol. It's just what happens when you know, you hit that thing called a fairway. :) But I can see it looks like there weren't any, they're just spread out ;)

T he swore I was 12.34. I tried to tell him I'm not in anyones league. He was probably just in shock of the pure(e) shots.

I bet the guy you were playing with was like....Woah, are you a 13.4 HDCP?

Dont forget to hit up Callaway's Facebook page and let them know your thoughts on the new gear. Link to your videos, etc...

Will do man. I'm pretty rutarde when it comes to linking the Forum page like I see you guys do it from FB.

Dont forget to hit up Callaway's Facebook page and let them know your thoughts on the new gear. Link to your videos, etc...

Why does this make me laugh EVERY time I see it?

B/c it's effin' funny, especially when you put that name and a mental picture of drunk Jake together.

That is a sweet sound. Ernie thought so in that Callaway commercial as well..."now that's what a golf club should sound like..." (or something like that). Sounded like some crisp contact Yoccos...nice video.

Nice shot Yoccos, sounded really crisp!

I agree with the part about the sound. Its very unique and I really like it.

ended up working later than planned so I wasn't able to play today. By time I got home I decided to just head out to the range. I had a very good range session with the Razr X irons. Even with the Dynamic Gold s300 shafts they fly high. I am more used to a mid ball flight, but I'm OK with these. Since I have seen some scoring success I am changing my tune on ball flight. Yardage wise, I know it's been said, but these clubs are long! The forgiveness on them is unreal. Even balls hit out towards the toe or in on the heel result in very playable and respectable shots. I am still very happy with the set I have chosen.

Man, I usually have a hole by hole but I don't this time. Sunday was a turning point for me. My score didn't reflect how good I was feeling with these clubs.

Shot a 42 on the front and a horrid 51 on the back. My tee game screwed me up, although I did put a 7i into the lake trying to muscle it lol. That'll teach me. I had 5 or 6 penalty strokes (on the back, I didnt keep count on the front) and it definitely cost me more than that on the back 9.

Anyway, the course I played was 6700 yards (71.3/123), so maybe not TC tough but it was a hard course. Desert courses get a lot of flack but let me tell you something, you miss and you're screwed. OOB stakes lined up everywhere and it just sucked. We played the black tees and it was a little imtimidating looking at tight fairways. Anyway a few shots really stuck out for me.

AW: Hole #3 was a par 5. Hit my ball oob and luckily I was able to recover it. Popped my second shot out of the rough straight up for my 3rd and left myself 90 or so for my 4th. Killed my AW and sailed the green lol. I loved this because the contact was so clean I just hit it too pure ;) Duffed my 5th to just the edge of the green and 2 putted. Next AW though was a redeeming shot. Nice drive and again 90 some yards left. I choke up a little on my AW and put it pin high. I didn't play the draw I've been hitting so I had a long putt but man was it a good feeling to choke up and not mess the shot up. Little victories people! More of the same with this club throughout the day and was money from 30-100 yards. Can't say enough good things about it especially around the green.

8i: Some greet hope n stop action. 153 to the hole with 140 carry (green surrounded by water). I figured 8i 145 and I'd have a good chance at a birdie. Again I was just a tad off and carried the ball pin high but just left (I tried playing my draw), ended up with a par but man, was it a great feeling.

I had more shots like that on the back 9 and only duffed 1 iron shot all day. I pushed another with my AW but those were it. Other than that the irons were on fire. I'm sure my GIR's would've been an all time best if I wouldve kept it in play. Ill get some more videos and whatnot up but Sunday was a huge step in the right direction. Worked on my woods yesterday and I'm good to go! I'm excited to get out there again soon. 115 should be perfect warmup for the MC weather :)

I kinda felt like Ernie, just not as tall, good or good looking haha.

They are a totally different sound than I'm used too and I love it. Really wanting to knock those Razr X forged around at the Cup range dude. You know before our respective teams tear into each other on the course lol.

That is a sweet sound. Ernie thought so in that Callaway commercial as well..."now that's what a golf club should sound like..." (or something like that). Sounded like some crisp contact Yoccos...nice video.

lol @ not TC tough! Get outta here man!

Great write ups yoccos! You do such a great job with providing your feedback buddy. I will have a practice session tomorrow. Truth be told, right now, I am really monitoring how much I play and practice. I fear that with over doing it, I can become a tweeker and tinkerer and I am just not interested in that right now.

You are the update master, @marcawesome. Great job dude.

Truth be told, right now, I am really monitoring how much I play and practice. I fear that with over doing it, I can become a tweeker and tinkerer and I am just not interested in that right now.

that's what I warned you of back in March when you were shooting lights out while I was shoveling snow and hitting frozen golf balls at the range. Don't over do it so early! I have no doubt that you'll be ready and your game will be sharp.

Lol. Dude, it would've ate some peoples lunch that is for sure. I hate hitting out of bushes because I don't carry any club for that right now. I'm playing the hardest courses I can to test this irons and I'm playing some really good golf even if my scores don't reflect right now.

I agree on the practice. I was totally overdoing it. When I stopped hitting so much driver it just came around, so I figure take the advice with the irons. You're on a different level but sometimes the fix is no fix and it's just staring us in the face.

lol @ not TC tough! Get outta here man!

Great write ups yoccos! You do such a great job with providing your feedback buddy. I will have a practice session tomorrow. Truth be told, right now, I am really monitoring how much I play and practice. I fear that with over doing it, I can become a tweeker and tinkerer and I am just not interested in that right now.

Haha, I fear I might be overdoing it and not enough pics/vids but man, I'm just so damn excited each time I get to hit these.

You are the update master, @marcawesome. Great job dude.

Keep the updates coming Yoc, I love that you're getting those irons and your golf game dialed in. I'm going to the range today at lunch, I've got the camera with me so hopefully I can get a little video shot. I'll be alone though so it might be difficult without my camera crew.

Hit em well buddy. The bag is an excellent camera crew for getting vids of roller shoes and sweet sounds.

Keep the updates coming Yoc, I love that you're getting those irons and your golf game dialed in. I'm going to the range today at lunch, I've got the camera with me so hopefully I can get a little video shot. I'll be alone though so it might be difficult without my camera crew.

Hit em well buddy. The bag is an excellent camera crew for getting vids of roller shoes and sweet sounds.

Ya I would say I have recorded many a time off my bag. Sometimes it turns out well, but other times after 15 minutes you realize you were recording the guy next to you

Back