Car emergency supplies

pumbaa

Need more golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What does everyone carry in their car? I usually have my pocket knife and that's about it but I've been thinking more of carrying a jump pack, first aid kit, and other stuff in a small bag under my back seat in my truck.

I know people in northern climate usually have blankets and traction stuff sometimes.

Do you carry anything? Nothing? Or full prep big out bag.

Jumper cables, button up long sleeve work shirt, blanket, first aid kit with a leatherman.
In the front we always keep one of those compact fold up things full with Tylenol ibuprofen, Pepsid etc.

At the very least I keep a leatherman and some other basic tools.

Probably a good idea to have first aid and a fire extinguisher also. Cold weather stuff as needed.

Just a knife for me. I do belong to AAA so I would probably call them. I do a lot of highway driving.
The number one thing to have AAA, I’m too old to bother changing a tire in the rain.

Jumper cables, tow strap, ratchet straps, a folding shovel, small basic tool set, small air compressor, and a first aid kit. Add a jump pack to the wife and kids cars in place of the jumper cables. Tow strap only in the truck, not the others.

What does everyone carry in their car? I usually have my pocket knife and that's about it but I've been thinking more of carrying a jump pack, first aid kit, and other stuff in a small bag under my back seat in my truck.

I know people in northern climate usually have blankets and traction stuff sometimes.

Basic first aid, flashlight, things to make fire, rope, zip ties, ratchet straps, bungees.

For Christmas one year the company gave us all a ‘Roadside Emergency kit’

Going off memory but I believe:
2 bottles of water
Couple granola bars
Ponchos
Foil blanket
Fix a flat stuff
Simple tool set (the only tools I own)

As for the bug out bag yep got one of those too. My mother is an old hippie who has started to turn into a prepper. So she bought all the stuff for this bag and has asked that I keep it in my home office so I’ll be able to walk the 45 miles with 40lb on my back and a 3 yo in tow to her self sustaining compound in Indiana.
IMG_9325.jpeg

2 bottles of water
Couple granola bars
Ponchos
Foil blanket
Fix a flat stuff

As for the bug out bag yep got one of those too. My mother is an old hippie who has started to turn into a prepper. So she bought all the stuff for this bag and has asked that I keep it in my home office so I’ll be able to walk the 45 miles to her self sustaining compound in Indiana.
View attachment 9251449
I’m pretty jealous of that setup

Jump pack and wireless tire inflator.

2 bottles of water
Couple granola bars
Ponchos
Foil blanket
Fix a flat stuff

As for the bug out bag yep got one of those too. My mother is an old hippie who has started to turn into a prepper. So she bought all the stuff for this bag and has asked that I keep it in my home office so I’ll be able to walk the 45 miles with 40lb on my back and a 3 yo in tow to her self sustaining compound in Indiana.
View attachment 9251449
Is her compound in Lawrenceburg? If you have room for 7 more people I will tell my family to meet you halfway.

I drive very long distances, so here is what I have.
Lexus First Aid Kit
Tire Inflator that is rechargable USB-C
Battery Charger

My car came with road side assistance, that is in place for other things.

I keep a tote in the truck and a duffle in the SUV. They have things such as portable batter jumper, first aid kit, reflective vest, emergency blanket, lighter, knife, rope, shovel.

I keep food, water and snacks in both vehicles at all times as well. I also keep a doll and some toy trucks which are called the "car toys" in case something happens and we need to distract a little bit.

Is her compound in Lawrenceburg? If you have room for 7 more people I will tell my family to meet you halfway.
Yep about 10miles north of there. She’ll put y’all to work. She does to me every time I visit. 🤣

But she’s got fishing, 4 wheelers, and dirt bikes so we’ll have fun after being worked to the bone lol

Edit- my bad actually North of Richmond not Lawrenceburg.

Surprisingly little:
-pocket knife
- jumper cables

-plastic straws (because in Canada they are illegal, and paper straws dissolve into goop as soon as you drink from them)

I don’t carry anything at all but I probably should

For everyday driving to and from work and around the area just a small floor jack (factory jacks suck), Milwaukee 1/2” impact, Milwaukee 18v inflator, tow straps, and jumper cables. For long trips more stuff gets added depending on the season and where we’re going. Also have my tool bag 99% of the time. It’s hvac related but it covers most of what I would need to work on my vehicle.

Just my golf clubs. Never know when you need an emergency 9

I'm a CAA member in Canada....so there's roadside assistance most places.

I always have a spare tire, jumper cables, hats and gloves, a shovel, a large duffel bag, a spray bottle of ammonia and a cinder block to weigh down the duffel bag if needed

I have nothing other than roadside assistance. I should really keep a few basics in there like waters, my tire inflator and a simple first aid kit.

Usually a spare tire and jack

Cables, blanket, shovel, ratchet/tow straps, zip ties, first aide kit, and small tool kit.

Normal Everyday:
Standard First Aid Kit
Jumper Cables
Multitool
Tire Repair kit
Small inflator
Also have AAA and roadside through my insurance
I also carry a change of clothes usually an extra work outfit and a set of golf clothes..... you know, just in case ;)

As the seasons change or longer trips I'll add a blanket and water during winter, I have kids so there's always a snack bag, longer trips I'll add an airtank (who knew not all cars come with spares anymore). Usually winter I also have my coveralls and a heavy coat but those are also needed while in the field for work.

Back