Car emergency supplies

Bought my son a Smith & Wesson knife for Christmas. It was the glass breaking point and seat belt cutter built-in. Was so nice and went on even better sale, I bought two more.

We all have emergency stuff in our vehicles. Jumper cables, flashlights, portable air compressors, gloves. I have all kinds of stuff in the under seat storage boxes in my truck.

You of all people I'd think would be riding around with tools or some sort
Eh, I'll tow it back to the shop to work on it at that point.

Just my wits and gumption.

Kenan Thompson Yes GIF by Paramount+

Basic first aid kit, along with a CPR mask and I think I still have a bag of oropharyngeal airways
Basic tool kit
Leatherman tool and flashlight
Emergency blanket
Jacket and a few pieces of cold weather gear (wool hats, gloves, etc.).
A better lug wrench than the POS that came with the vehicle
Always a couple bottles of water during the summer months
AAA card
A spare pair of flip-flops and swim trunks, in case of an impromptu boat day

First aid kit inside. I've got a toolbox on my truck and keep a couple jackets/coats, Portable Jump Kit, hydraulic jack, couple of short pieces of 2/4 to give extra height for the jack, socket set, a couple knives, wire cutters, and duct/electrical tape.

I feel like I'm missing something that I need to put in there. Oh yeah...an extra golf bag with some of my old sticks in case I'm every somewhere an opportunity to play comes up (I keep my bag on my golf cart at the club).

Golf clubs, cigars, and a bottle of whiskey, just in case.

PSA PLEASE...... Carry tourniquets!

If you're in an accident and you or someone else is hurt in that way, and you cannot wait for help, it will save your life.

Buy a cat tourniquet online, buy a few. Watch a video online on how to apply it.

If you're in an accident and you or someone else is hurt in that way, and you cannot wait for help, it will save your life.

Buy a cat tourniquet online, buy a few. Watch a video online on how to apply it.
Listen to this man!! He knows a thing or two about saving lives...

Halo Bolt jump starter (this thing is awesome)

Honestly, if you don't have one.... get one... and get one for your kids. This thing even has a small air pump on board that actually works, as well as lights and charging ports. Battery on the unit stays charged for a long, long time even with a little use (mine has gone at least a year and still has in the 90% range) It's good for quite a few jump starts before it needs a recharge.

other than that, i don't carry much - AAA card and a mutli-tool is about it. It also sounds like i should add tourniquets... which i'll do - thx @AnthonyC
i drive 7 miles to and from work, usually 6 days a week... the course i play at is midway between them. If i'm taking a longer trip i'll add a few goodies to the emergency kit.

Usually carry a tow rope, jumper cables, in the winter some gloves and a hat with, a knife, some straps and a few tools. I do have roadside assistance as well.

My Daily is an F150 Crew Cab, I carry a first aid kit, pretty large one. I also have some tools Jumper cables and if we are heading on a trip, i will throw in my jump box which also doubles as a power bank. I was an EMT in the military so i pretty much have what i need if i have to stop and help.

I also volunteer as a CERT Member here so i always have a Search and Rescue bag in there

I have one of those in my "other" bag.

Have 1 in my range bag

@AnthonyC what brand tourniquet do you use? Cat?

Yes cat, I have them set up for quick deployment too.
Any specific brand? NAR? I think I have a rhino rescue in my range bag

Usually a spare tire and jack
This
Eh, I'll tow it back to the shop to work on it at that point.
Because of this.

Towing the camper is different. I have a basic tool setup with 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 sockets (metric and standard), wrenches from 8-34mm and 1/4-1 1/8”, pliers (varies types), screw driver set, impact guns in 3/8 and 1/2, ratchets for said sockets, multi meter, spare fuses, and a really good bottle jack. There’s probably more but that’s the gist of it. We have a really good first aid kit in the camper too if needed.

Two Christmas’ ago I replaced a clutch master cylinder at a rest stop on my way to Disney. That would have been expensive if I didn’t have my tools with me.

Back