Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Looks like it's just me and you! But that's okay. Then maybe we can get in more than 18 if it's not crowded :)

Looks like it's just me and you! But that's okay. Then maybe we can get in more than 18 if it's not crowded :)

True, maybe a reason to take the 9:54?

Just booked Prairie Isle for $15 bucks at 11am. Gonna be fun :)

I'm heading to warmer climates for some golf this weekend. The lessons are really starting to click. Hopefully I'll come back with my bag a little heavier with hardware :)

I'm heading to warmer climates for some golf this weekend. The lessons are really starting to click. Hopefully I'll come back with my bag a little heavier with hardware :)

Go get it!

Don't think I'll be able to golf Saturday, but I might get out on Sunday late morning. My Vikings play tonight, so I figure playing during the Bears game might be less crowded. Playing by ear for now.

Enjoy that warm weather man!!

Don't think I'll be able to golf Saturday, but I might get out on Sunday late morning. My Vikings play tonight, so I figure playing during the Bears game might be less crowded. Playing by ear for now.

Oh great, a Vikings fan :D

Have a great time! It them well, and enjoy the warmth.

If there ever was a reason to play golf instead of watching football, it's that one.

If there ever was a reason to play golf instead of watching football, it's that one.

Needless to say, earlier this season I actually left home with time left in the game to golf instead. Got some sympathy from the Bears fans I ended up playing with when they saw my Vikings cap.

you're just jealous. I forgive you :)

I am jealous you're headed to warmer weather.... A guy in my Sunday foursome is a huge Michigan fan and he even admits they stink... It's okay to admit it Sam.
:)

Probably should've been an MSU fan...

Derek, you're just jealous I went to such an awesome school that you have to try to troll me. I know your devious little mind. MSU offered me a full ride and I turned them down. Can't say I regret that decision.

Probably one of the last warm weekends and I have to cancel my tee time tomorrow because my daughter was kind enough to give me her cold. Oh look! Snow on Monday :poop:

Anyone going to attempt to play this weekend? Not many places still open on the north side, I know, but I am hoping for at least one round.

Anyone going to attempt to play this weekend? Not many places still open on the north side, I know, but I am hoping for at least one round.

forecast looks surprisingly warm but I'm worried about that rain.

I hope our central Illinois THPers are ok after this crazy storm.

Golf Center Des Plaines

Golf Center Des Plaines

Has anyone had the experience of using the facilities at Golf Center Des Plaines?

With preparation for #TheKing taking place during the winter. I'm looking for a good place to work on all aspects of my game. They have heated bays open year round, and a short game area and par 3 course that is open weather permitting. Prices seem reasonable, with the short game area being all you can hit.

Are there other facilities you'd suggest for winter work?

CC

I have not gone there before. There are some domes around, but they are pricey. Best place up by me is probably Libertyville, also heated bays. Not a lot more you can do in the winter up here unfortunately. Thinking of maybe hitting up a bar with a simulator at some point.

I have not gone there before. There are some domes around, but they are pricey. Best place up by me is probably Libertyville, also heated bays. Not a lot more you can do in the winter up here unfortunately. Thinking of maybe hitting up a bar with a simulator at some point.

My fiance said that I should go to Top Golf. I am definitely in for that at some point, I just don't think it can be a regular thing. They are pretty pricey without throwing in the beer.

Back