Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Indy, bridgestone championship, and Chicago event.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I think only the Wilson event would work for me. My May is getting really busy with wedding events, both mine and others'.

Hopefully many unofficial Chicago area events sprinkled in!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Yeah I wanna do a few unofficials as well. Iowa was great last year.

I'm planning on Indy, and thinking about Lake Charles or the Bstone championship. Wilson event would be cool, too, but not sure about the schedule.

Definitely have to get a few unofficial THP rounds in if we can.

Oh I forgot about Love is in the air. :)

Hey we should get together sometime, maybe some dim sum in Chinatown.

Post number 1000!

As for winter practice, I prefer the dome at white pines. It's a little on the pricey side (~$20 per hour) but the balls are unlimited and 100 yd ball flight isn't bad. I always found the heated bays to be still pretty chilly when the wind picks up and I can't see the ball that well anyway. The balls also get really cold so it's like hitting rocks.

We have permanent tee times at white pines, by August I would rather get kicked in the crotchel region then play there. Course has probably 5000 trees on it. lol

So it's official. By next golf season I'll be a Milwaukee area THPer instead of N IL. No, it's not far, but time for me to find new courses for sure!

:act-up:Count me in for Indy.. What are the dates for this event..heck even Chicago would be cool. I wonder what swing and swing thought I will use for that day?...lol

True story,,,last time I did an online sponsored event was thru a small local group of guys from wrx. We met at a local course (20 or so). Was supposed to be a fun 6/6/6 match (6 scramble/6 alt shot/ 6 best ball)..anyway. On the putting green, 2 of the guys literally got in a all out brawl about a post one made on wrx...the politics thread,,,lol,,seriously. Police were there, everyone tried breaking it up...was awful. I just walked away, and joined a random group on the 1 st tee and had a nice leisurely 18 hole round. The clubhouse was in view for 4 holes or so..and this mess went on for over an hour. I'm hoping your events aren't like that one,,,it wasn't funny by any means,,kinda disturbing.

just my thoughts,

mm

Has anybody played the courses at Grand Geneva, The Brute and Highlands iirc. Planning a trip at want to make sure they are solid options.

Tim, I play the Grand Geneva every weekend. Both courses are fun. Jeff.

Jeff
sent using tapatalk

I can assure anybody THP events are a bit different. And if you would like to take a look, glance though the hundreds of recap threads with people talking about their experinces. Every event is unique and we pride ourselves in the planning it takes to do what nobody else out there is even coming close to do doing.

It's why our events sell out in minutes if not seconds. It's why companies love being a part of them. And it's why my wife and I spend an unearthly amount of money traveling this country hosting them.

I urge someone to read a recap thread on any single tho event before trying to draw any comparisons to some bad experience they happened upon from somewhere else.

I've seen many bro hugs at THP events. Never a brawl.

Tim, I play the Grand Geneva every weekend. Both courses are fun. Jeff.

Jeff
sent using tapatalk

Awesome. Going to take advantage of the Stay and Play. Was just wondering if it is worth staying 2 nights to play both courses.

If you had to pick 1 of the 2 what would you go with? I'll more than likely play both, though.

Awesome. Going to take advantage of the Stay and Play. Was just wondering if it is worth staying 2 nights to play both courses.

If you had to pick 1 of the 2 what would you go with? I'll more than likely play both, though.

I'd check out Hawk's View up there if you can.

Tim the stay and play is a great price. I enjoy both courses. The brut is long and draws a crowd. The Highlands is a great time. The greens on the Highland were the best ever lat year where the brut had issues.

Jeff
sent using tapatalk

Geneva National offers Stay and Play even unlimited Stay and Play, much better golf than Grand Geneva. 3 very solid courses. I agree with the Hawks View recommendation, very good course and can usually find a discounted rate.

Geneva National offers Stay and Play even unlimited Stay and Play, much better golf than Grand Geneva. 3 very solid courses. I agree with the Hawks View recommendation, very good course and can usually find a discounted rate.

I do this every year with about 20 other people. We pay $300 for 54 holes andb $18 replays. It's usually in April, so the weather Cana be sketchy but we'll worth it. Courses are always in excellent condition and the staff is the best.

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

What about duds dread? Some place that will be a challenge.,fun..and pretty much easy access for all of us to get too,

would be happy to help setup of needed.

What about duds dread? Some place that will be a challenge.,fun..and pretty much easy access for all of us to get too,

would be happy to help setup of needed.

Lil out of my price range....

:act-up:Ok ..what about the courses in crete ill? Over a dozen to choose from, and all great tracks in the $40 to $80 range. It is 20 mins from Chicago. Just over the northwest indiana border..

:act-up:Ok ..what about the courses in crete ill? Over a dozen to choose from, and all great tracks in the $40 to $80 range. It is 20 mins from Chicago. Just over the northwest indiana border..

You can play Dubs for $100 during twilight. Hardly anyone on the course. Course 2 is pretty challenging as well. Bowes Creek had a nice 1 day membership that lets you play all you want. St. Andrews in West Chicago has 36 holes and is gorgeous. Replays for the cost of the cart. The tracks In Crete are nice. I grew up playing them.

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

Back