Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

Yes, but now you would be messing with my wedge set up that has to be ordered before the irons.

Meh, don't sweat the small stuff buddy. What wedge set up are you rocking? My first wedge will be 50* so it won't matter much if it's 3-5* off from the PW to me.

Cleveland certainly has a full lineup this year. You MC Cleveland staffers are going to be very lucky!

Tappin!

When JB is boasting perfect turf interaction with these, why would people adjust the bounce angles through lie angles? You'd almost be better to play an extra 3 iron bent strong so only 1 club plays away from the designed specs.

It may not be a "I can hit my 7 iron this far", but it can turn into a a "You need a 7 iron to hit it that close? I can do that with my 6."

Lofts arent everything folks...

I second that

Tappin!

Meh, don't sweat the small stuff buddy. What wedge set up are you rocking? My first wedge will be 50* so it won't matter much if it's 3-5* off from the PW to me.

I was going 48*, 52*, 56*. This is definitely going to cause me to re-think some things.

Excellent write up JB sounds like these performed better than you ever thought they would which is great to hear

They are about 1 full club weaker than what I am used too. I would just get them bent to the lofts I am accustomed to.

I would be afraid that tweaking the lofts would mess with the turf interaction because it will be changing the bounce.

Maybe the real answer is to just leave the PW out of the set, and strengthen the top of the bag. So much pondering to do.

I was going 48*, 52*, 56*. This is definitely going to cause me to re-think some things.

See, I'm going 50, 56, but you could go 50, 54, 58 dude.

I would be afraid that tweaking the lofts would mess with the turf interaction because it will be changing the bounce.

While it will change the bounce on the irons, I am not so sure that 1-2* of loft altering would effect the bounce so much that it would seriously bother any of us. I've had plenty of irons strengthened in the past and honestly couldn't tell a difference with turf interaction.

I still think I'll go 2° strong. It will allow me to gap at the top and the bottom in the way I have planned. Worst case scenario, I have them bent back to where they were. Everybody has said that 2° either way shouldn't make a huge difference.

I get what Thainer is saying though. I'm comfortable with where I am with the V2's, moreso recently, but I'm still going for it to start.

I still think I'll go 2° strong. It will allow me to gap at the top and the bottom in the way I have planned. Worst case scenario, I have them bent back to where they were. Everybody has said that 2° either way shouldn't make a huge difference.

I get what Thainer is saying though. I'm comfortable with where I am with the V2's, moreso recently, but I'm still going for it to start.

I like it dude. I think amateurs put way too much emphasis on bounce anyway. You'll never notice a difference bro. Do what makes you comfortable.

I like it dude. I think amateurs put way too much emphasis on bounce anyway. You'll never notice a difference bro. Do what makes you comfortable.

Confidence baby!

Again, put little stock in the bounce stuff and order them to your comfort levels.

JB that's a fantastic write-up. These irons sound fantastic. Add in the good looks, and I think they could be a winner for sure!

Again, put little stock in the bounce stuff and order them to your comfort levels.

One other thing to think about. If it made a big and noticeable difference in the performance of the bounce, would Cleveland even offer it?

I see smoke coming from Yorkems office so I figured there was an update to this thread. Great writeup JB. I am one of the idiots who do put a lot of thought into bounce but at least for me it does pan out. The more bounce, the better I can hit the club. I think this is going to be a popular iron for the MC

I see smoke coming from Yorkems office so I figured there was an update to this thread. Great writeup JB. I am one of the idiots who do put a lot of thought into bounce but at least for me it does pan out. The more bounce, the better I can hit the club. I think this is going to be a popular iron for the MC

Im not sure I buy that after watching you play. You hit players irons just as well as GI irons, so one would think sole size matters little to you. I also watched you hit both rounded leading edge irons and sharp leading edge irons and neither gave you trouble.

I think people do get too technical at times and when put on a monitor, it shows the real results. I think that wedge companies have beaten into our heads (one in particular) about finding the right bounce for you and in the end, when it comes to performance, it really would all boil down to swing and conditions one's playing.

Im not sure I buy that after watching you play. You hit players irons just as well as GI irons, so one would think sole size matters little to you. I also watched you hit both rounded leading edge irons and sharp leading edge irons and neither gave you trouble.

I think people do get too technical at times and when put on a monitor, it shows the real results. I think that wedge companies have beaten into our heads (one in particular) about finding the right bounce for you and in the end, when it comes to performance, it really would all boil down to swing and conditions one's playing.

I would agree with that

Cant wait to demo these hopefully in a few weeks, I think Im good on irons for a good while, but maybe these will be too good to not get!

Spot on JB and I agree. Why the hell are we as amateur golfers obsessing over 1-2* of bounce, when truthfully, we should be more focused on ball first contact.

and ddec, no shovel brother's allowed up in here :alien:

I am a bit mental. I would be in serious ponder mode if I were a Cleveland staffer. The toe hits not having distance loss is crazy. I don't know how they did that in that head.

I am a bit mental. I would be in serious ponder mode if I were a Cleveland staffer. The toe hits not having distance loss is crazy. I don't know how they did that in that head.

I wont say it will happen every time, or for everybody, but today it sure did. I think part of that was a slightly lower trajectory that caused the ball to stay below the wind. I was darn impressed.

Spot on JB and I agree. Why the hell are we as amateur golfers obsessing over 1-2* of bounce, when truthfully, we should be more focused on ball first contact.

that's too bad, because I've hit these

Is your feedback somewhere? I didn't notice.

there are some in here and some in the Cleveland Morgan Cup thread. Stop skimming.

Have to agree 100% with that statement. I don't think most amateur players should be stressing it.

Back