Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

Is there a recommended SS for the stiff shaft?
Well I know very little about shafts. However I don't think it's all about SS. But if your looking at SS alone I would say right around 98 to 100. I'm sure some guys that know way more than me will chime in.

I can't recommend enough to check out the shaft profiles. I launch the stock C Kua way too high and knew my only options were the Indigo or Black. Miyazaki does a good job on their site of speaking to the differences.

I'm thinking of doing this but with a different shaft, 12* with Grafalloy Prototype BiMatrix at 44.5in. The shaft is not as exotic as the Miya, but I've had good success in the past with 2 drivers. I will be following this to hear your progress/results.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

swing weight has to do with combination of different component weights. I would suggest that you do a google search as to what weight/length impacts swing weights.

Also, I would suggest that before you install the head, try to find the center of gravity using a nail or something pointy...as middle of the face is not always the CG point. it helps when you want to make where CG is located...it could be off as much as 3/8" in any directions.

Never would have thought about a 12 degree, but hitting JB's 12 with Kusala Blue opened my eyes.

Why did you have to post this? I don't need to buy another one, but I'm having a hard time controlling myself...

the 10.5 290 with X-stff white, -1/2 inch was close to being bought.

the 10.5 290 with X-stff white, -1/2 inch was close to being bought.

I am hoping someone else buys the 9* with the 72 black. I don't needa third classic. Or do I?

That's a good deal! I don't know what shaft I need though?

I am hoping someone else buys the 9* with the 72 black. I don't needa third classic. Or do I?

That's the setup I have. Very solid thus far!

Tappin' from the iPhone!

That's the setup I have. Very solid thus far!

Tappin' from the iPhone!
Good to hear cookie. Should serve you well on those fairways this weekend

I'm looking at 3balls.com.... .50 shorter 10.5 Classic with a Kusala White in XStiff. I might have to bite.

I'm looking at 3balls.com.... .50 shorter 10.5 Classic with a Kusala White in XStiff. I might have to bite.

For the price of a Kusala shaft, it'll be difficult not to for the pondering righties out there. I had a great day with my 290/Blue combo on Thursday.

It seems like the white would only be good with a lower lofted head as the white is the highest launching of the kusala family. What is your thought with this combo?

It seems like the white would only be good with a lower lofted head as the white is the highest launching of the kusala family. What is your thought with this combo?

I hit the Kusala White 10.5 combo. I hit it really high but it never balloons and just carries for days. It's a good shaft for people who have plenty of power but need a little help with elevation. Paired with the 10.5 I hit some HIGH launch/low spin bombs. I never really thought the combo truly existed until this setup.

Tapping while I work, on my Galaxy S3.

I hit the Kusala White 10.5 combo. I hit it really high but it never balloons and just carries for days. It's a good shaft for people who have plenty of power but need a little help with elevation. Paired with the 10.5 I hit some HIGH launch/low spin bombs. I never really thought the combo truly existed until this setup.

Hmmm. I'm intrigued but I balloon the stock Kua so i'm scared to try a shaft described as "high launch".

Chipped via Tapatalk 2

Hmmm. I'm intrigued but I balloon the stock Kua so i'm scared to try a shaft described as "high launch".

Chipped via Tapatalk 2

I put crazy high spin on the Kua as well. The White seems to cut it down a lot though while maintaining the LA. FWIW my Kusala White is tipped 1/2" as well though.

The white it butt stiff, correct?

For the price of a Kusala shaft, it'll be difficult not to for the pondering righties out there. I had a great day with my 290/Blue combo on Thursday.

I think I'm gonna buy it! Right now!

I have a high launching shaft with a 10.5* head now. The main thing I get from a higher lofted head is a bit less sidespin and for me it helps control the power fades. In a sense more forgiving.

I spin the bejeezus out of a ball but my LA always seems a bit low because I hit down. Really looking hard at this, gonna see if they still have it for sale now.

The white it butt stiff, correct?

HA! Butt stiff for sure!

Make it rain Tmex!

That is an intriguing set up for sure. Rock it Tmex!

Back