Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

That is an intriguing set up for sure. Rock it Tmex!

I bought it lol. I'm not sure if it will kick out the J40 because that driver is just ridiculous. I'll fund some of it by selling some other clubs I have aka, that Metal X Rossie. If I dont like it, I'm sure I wont have any issue getting the $150 I paid for it back.

I just got the 10.5 White in stiff, ha I am drinking and buying on the beach!

After this combo I can almost say I have hit them all. I will probably sell my 12* Silver combo to counter this buy.

I still love you Tmex

After this combo I can almost say I have hit them all. I will probably sell my 12* Silver combo to counter this buy.

I still love you Tmex

Silver in stiff? If I dont like the white combo we may have to talk lol.

I went XStiff in white because its still fairly soft. You rule too buddy.

Sure thing, I also have the Indigo as well. I'm a Kusala whor$.

I like it iMex. You want a Fit TA for it? Lol

I bought it lol. I'm not sure if it will kick out the J40 because that driver is just ridiculous. I'll fund some of it by selling some other clubs I have aka, that Metal X Rossie. If I dont like it, I'm sure I wont have any issue getting the $150 I paid for it back.

No doubt you could get what you paid for it. Heck I was interested in that combo. I am excited to hear how it goes for you.

I took the classic out with me this morning for 9 holes. I hit it against my 910D2 on most holes (that require driver). I was by myself with no one behind me so it was fun to hit both side by side on the course. However, going back and forth really made me notice the weight difference, which messed with me, so I think I need to spend some time with the classic by itself to see if I can get a feel for it. It seemed like a nice easy swing was key for it to go straight. I was fighting both directions if I went after it. Hopefully I can get it back out there tomorrow.

Sure thing, I also have the Indigo as well. I'm a Kusala whor$.

This is a time I really miss have a head you can just swap shafts!

I like it iMex. You want a Fit TA for it? Lol

Kmac, lets talk after I get a few rounds rounds with it. I would probably do that in a heartbeat. I just hope I get my driver swing back in order asap/.

No doubt you could get what you paid for it. Heck I was interested in that combo. I am excited to hear how it goes for you.

I'll definitely be posting some follow up dude!

I took the classic out with me this morning for 9 holes. I hit it against my 910D2 on most holes (that require driver). I was by myself with no one behind me so it was fun to hit both side by side on the course. However, going back and forth really made me notice the weight difference, which messed with me, so I think I need to spend some time with the classic by itself to see if I can get a feel for it. It seemed like a nice easy swing was key for it to go straight. I was fighting both directions if I went after it. Hopefully I can get it back out there tomorrow.

Jeff remind me, did you go with the c Kua or a Kusala shaft?

This is a time I really miss have a head you can just swap shafts!

Kmac, lets talk after I get a few rounds rounds with it. I would probably do that in a heartbeat. I just hope I get my driver swing back in order asap/.

I'll definitely be posting some follow up dude!

I don't like the Fit. I had one of those white shafts in stiff and it was still hard to keep down.

Jeff remind me, did you go with the c Kua or a Kusala shaft?

I just got the stock C Kua stiff. Definitely interested in the Kusala line, but I'm not sure which would fit me. I need to do a little research. My SS is 108-110 average.

Kmac I liked your fit!

So does Chunky. He wants to mess up the crown I think.

I didn't leave any interesting marks on it. Don't let chunky destroy that club.

Chunky needs a classic. The face is so tall you can leave those interesting marks on it.

I just got the stock C Kua stiff. Definitely interested in the Kusala line, but I'm not sure which would fit me. I need to do a little research. My SS is 108-110 average.

Do you find that you put a lot of back spin in the ball? What about launch? Do you know your LA with your set up? It would definitely be work getting some numbers (Redtail will usually let you use their Trackmans as long as they aren't busy). That would be the place to start, unless you have a good idea just from eyeballing it.

Do you find that you put a lot of back spin in the ball? What about launch? Do you know your LA with your set up? It would definitely be work getting some numbers (Redtail will usually let you use their Trackmans as long as they aren't busy). That would be the place to start, unless you have a good idea just from eyeballing it.

Yes I do put a good amount of backspin on the ball. When I did the B-Stone ball fitting last month I was seeing about 4000 rpms of backspin (WAY too high) and a LA of 8.5-9 I think (I'll look it up). I think my backspin has gone down a bit though as I am seeing more roll out than I used to. I do need to get on a LM to get some hard numbers. It would be fun with both drivers.

I didn't leave any interesting marks on it. Don't let chunky destroy that club.

Chunky needs a classic. The face is so tall you can leave those interesting marks on it.

Its like the classic is chunky proof. I don't even know why I'm in this thread. I've tried the classic tons of times and have never hit it well.

Yes I do put a good amount of backspin on the ball. When I did the B-Stone ball fitting last month I was seeing about 4000 rpms of backspin (WAY too high) and a LA of 8.5-9 I think (I'll look it up). I think my backspin has gone down a bit though as I am seeing more roll out than I used to. I do need to get on a LM to get some hard numbers. It would be fun with both drivers.

What loft driver where you using when you got those numbers? What lift did you get your Classic in?

Its like the classic is chunky proof. I don't even know why I'm in this thread. I've tried the classic tons of times and have never hit it well.

I hit it well 3 holes yesterday. Poorly on 3 as well. Going to head out for 9 in a little bit. Still undecided on it.

I hit it well 3 holes yesterday. Poorly on 3 as well. Going to head out for 9 in a little bit. Still undecided on it.

What set up is yours?

Back