Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

I got a Kusala blue coming my way to replace the C Kua for me!

I got a Kusala blue coming my way to replace the C Kua for me!

That will now make two lefties who have the Blue in their Classic. Nice. I love mine, hope you get along with yours.

Just got my 10.5 Kusala White in from 3balls. What a deal, gaming it Saturday Morning. This will make my 3rd classic with the 4th shaft combo, by far the best was with the Diamana blueboard. Never should have sold that one.

I saw a peak at some of Clevelands new stuff and man does it look good. I recon that there is an embargo on this stuff. Don't ask me how I came across it, but I want all of it.

Just got my 10.5 Kusala White in from 3balls. What a deal, gaming it Saturday Morning. This will make my 3rd classic with the 4th shaft combo, by far the best was with the Diamana blueboard. Never should have sold that one.

Looking at the 83g blueboard vs both the Blue's in the tip, it should be just a little lower launching. The blueboard's tip is pretty soft (3 at 83g S) and the Blue's are all 4's till you get to the x's. A silver looks like it'd be pretty close?

I saw a peak at some of Clevelands new stuff and man does it look good. I recon that there is an embargo on this stuff. Don't ask me how I came across it, but I want all of it.

Grrr...what a tease! I've seen one item and one item only.

EDIT: Two items. And me likey.

I have seen it as well, and wow. Gorgeous

Let's keep this thread to the Cleveland Classic Driver please.

Their next line is under embargo date, but once that passes, we will have some in hand pictures and initial thoughts up. Thank you.

I wonder how much different it will be? It is going to be really tough for me to give up this head dude

Edit: Sorry JB

If it plays the same as the current one, then I may have to get one. I like the color of the current one, but those look awesome! Plus, my dad has been drooling over mine anyways :D

The head in my current Classic is my absolute favorite driver head I have ever hit. I love the shape and the sound.

The head in my current Classic is my absolute favorite driver head I have ever hit. I love the shape and the sound.

When struck pure there isnt a sound quite like it IMO. I have gotten so many compliments on the way it looks, cant wait for the Kusala Blue to arrive so I can get a bit heavier shaft in the driver

Agreed! I just haven't hit a better driver for me at this point. I went into my nearest golfsmith a couple days ago and hit a few of the newer drivers that have been released. Took my Classic in with me and compared. Nothing blew the Classic away. And the sound...the sound! I love how quiet this driver is compared to most others.

Agreed! I just haven't hit a better driver for me at this point. I went into my nearest golfsmith a couple days ago and hit a few of the newer drivers that have been released. Took my Classic in with me and compared. Nothing blew the Classic away. And the sound...the sound! I love how quiet this driver is compared to most others.

I agree. My old TM drivers used to literally hurt my ears.

The pull hook set up is quickly becoming my go-to and the Classic responds well to it. I'm hitting fewer weak fades with it and occasionally can really get into the ball. Even the occasional push miss seems to have more juice on it than the old wiener-fade. After a little shaft experimenting in DM, I still think the 43S is a decent match for me. Just need to swing it right.

Edit. Skim fail.

I still like the cleveland classic look but it wasn't for me when I demoed it earlier this year, the tall face was really awkward for me, I had better luck with the CG black though, I can't wait to see what's next

I was hitting this really well when I played this morning. I'm still carrying two drivers at the moment (the CC and the F12), trying to decide which one to keep as my main gamer. I've been going back and forth between them, always seem to hit the other one better on alternating days. But today, the Cleveland was a monster for me. I hit 3 drives in the 275-280 range, which is big for me, right in the fairway. When struck well, it still amazes me how awesome this club feels and sounds, and the ball flight it produces is really fantastic.

I was hitting this really well when I played this morning. I'm still carrying two drivers at the moment (the CC and the F12), trying to decide which one to keep as my main gamer. I've been going back and forth between them, always seem to hit the other one better on alternating days. But today, the Cleveland was a monster for me. I hit 3 drives in the 275-280 range, which is big for me, right in the fairway. When struck well, it still amazes me how often this club feels and sounds, and the ball flight it produces is really fantastic.

Glad it's working well for. I love hitting the center of the face with this club. Very unique sound that I really like.

The one on the range at TCI played much different in look and feel than hawks that I hit prior to this, but still had a solid trajectory, nice sound and perfect dispersion for my game. I alternated back and forth between that and my Williams and did see not only tighter shots, but a little more distance.

Glad it's working well for. I love hitting the center of the face with this club. Very unique sound that I really like.

The sound is a huge part of the reason I love this club, and one of the huge advantages over the F12 at this point (though the F12 doesn't sound too bad when well struck, just when you miss towards the toe). So many of the new-ish drivers sound so tingy (my dad uses one of those Nike ones from a few years ago that sounds like a giant tin can...) and I really don't like it. I love the solid thwack that the Classic gives you.

I wonder how much different it will be? It is going to be really tough for me to give up this head dude

Edit: Sorry JB

I seriously doubt the 2013 Classic will peform any better than the current model assuming the 2012 Classic fits you well now. My understanding is that the 2013 Classic Driver will be adjustable and black in color.

Frankly, neither of those (2) things offer any appeal for me, but apparently Cleveland felt there was strong demand for an adjustable Classic Driver and is going in that direction.

Be careful what you wish for. It is always possible to mess up a good thing...

Looking at the 83g blueboard vs both the Blue's in the tip, it should be just a little lower launching. The blueboard's tip is pretty soft (3 at 83g S) and the Blue's are all 4's till you get to the x's. A silver looks like it'd be pretty close?

I have the Silver now in a 12* head and still launch a hair low for my liking. Going to try the White out in the 10.5 just to see, it was to good of a deal to pass up. At this past THP Outing/demo day I hit JB's setup and it was about perfect for my swing and liking. Now I am in some kind of driver funk and it hasn't gone away. I need a drastic change...

Back