Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

My Classic was absolute money today. Missed my first FW (2nd hole), made adjustment and then only missed 1 other FW all day when I was able to hit driver. Mid trajectory line drives, loving the Kusala Black 72S shaft.

This thing is just dead straight - zero movement for me side to side.

Tappin' from the iPhone!

I just picked up a 310 10.5 with Kusala black stiff shaft. Had it at the range yesterday and was loving how the shaft feels and the ball flight was just how I like it mid low. This is my first Miyazaki experience and it definitely won't be my last! Now I know why everyone raves about these shafts.

Went out this morning for a round and was having a pretty good driving day until the 10th when a guy in the foursome behind us on the green yelled when I was taking my tee shot... I nearly missed the ball I hit it all the way out at the toe and dented the club just above where it says 310 after that my whole day was ruined I'm still upset about it I can't believe that happened.

Call Cleveland. They should help you. A ball shouldn't dent your club.

Tapping while I work, on my Galaxy S3.

I really don't have anywhere to get fitted locally. My best option is Golftech. That's about 1.5 hours away. Do they offer lots of different shaft options at Golftec.?

What kind of ball flight were you after? I have a 12* with the Silver in it and also have the Indigo. The silver is tipped about 3/4".

Call Cleveland. They should help you. A ball shouldn't dent your club.

Tapping while I work, on my Galaxy S3.

I will definitely be giving them a call in the am... I've heard good things about Cleveland C/S

I hit Cookie's 290/Kusala Black 72s combo on the range and it definitely wasn't the driver for me. At least I know now. Lowish pull hooks were what I was seeing.

The stock 290 just works for me and I continue to hit it pretty well. Even hit a couple in the 240+ range this weekend, which is pretty rare. I'm setting up closed and basically trying to pull hook the ball, which works pretty damn well. It's ugly, but it seems to work.

I'm seriously pondering picking one of these up and I'm not sure which head to go with, I've been reading some of the posts on here and it sounds more like the shaft could make or break the deal for me. I'm thinking 61s but I'm not 100% sold on it yet, anyone have any suggestions? Since some of you have seen me play in Myrtle Beach so you might be able to help, I don't have anywhere around me that even carries Cleveland drivers so I can't go try any out.

I'm seriously pondering picking one of these up and I'm not sure which head to go with, I've been reading some of the posts on here and it sounds more like the shaft could make or break the deal for me. I'm thinking 61s but I'm not 100% sold on it yet, anyone have any suggestions? Since some of you have seen me play in Myrtle Beach so you might be able to help, I don't have anywhere around me that even carries Cleveland drivers so I can't go try any out.

I think the 61g is a solid choice dude. I hit the Classic with this shaft at the NC outing and it was great. I think the 43s is a little to light.

Yeah I was thinking the 43 would be a little too light for me as well, I have never used a shaft that light before. I'm not saying it wouldn't work, but since I will just be ordering based on specs rather than hitting them I would rather go with something close to what I have used before.

Yeah I was thinking the 43 would be a little too light for me as well, I have never used a shaft that light before. I'm not saying it wouldn't work, but since I will just be ordering based on specs rather than hitting them I would rather go with something close to what I have used before.

I had that driver for a little bit and kept leaving it out to the right. I think it was the shaft. If you do go 43s, get the x-stiff. I think that would be worth it.

I'd be interested in trying something along the lines of a 10.5* or higher. Preferably a 12. Not sure what shaft though. Stiff for sure. Not sure color wise. If any of you have extras just lying around, I would pay for shipping to get it here. Let me know. Thanks

This driver continues to impress me. I have my issues with the driver, but the 310 Classic seems to come through for me when I need it. The Black shaft is such a great shaft with this head. These can be grabbed for a great price right now, and those in the market should check this out. People can be scared off by the smaller head and low launching shaft of the 310, but find this to still be forgiving and such a great feeling club. Not for everybody of course, as no club is but it's so nice to finally have confidence in my driver. It's the first time since I've started playing this game that I've been able to swing off the tee box and be confident off the tee.

This driver continues to impress me. I have my issues with the driver, but the 310 Classic seems to come through for me when I need it. The Black shaft is such a great shaft with this head. These can be grabbed for a great price right now, and those in the market should check this out. People can be scared off by the smaller head and low launching shaft of the 310, but find this to still be forgiving and such a great feeling club. Not for everybody of course, as no club is but it's so nice to finally have confidence in my driver. It's the first time since I've started playing this game that I've been able to swing off the tee box and be confident off the tee.

That's awesome, dude. I just ordered a 290 with a 72 Black and can't wait to see how the combo works for me.

I was on fire with the Classic off of the tee today. Hit a nice shot off of the opening tee, so I decided to stick with it throughout the round. Ended up hitting 11/13 FWs today.

Played in a scramble with TC yesterday. Yesterday was mostly good with some bad thrown in toward the end.

There were 2 long drive contests out there. I had the longest drive of the day (for the first wave) on the first long drive hole. I also had the longest drive on the second long drive hole, but I don't know if it held up through the first wave. I was about 15 yards past the marker on the second one. That was the good.

The bad was that I lost my driver swing late in the round. I was getting too quick and just hitting terrible shots. That is the thing with my current setup, it is great with a well timed swing, but if my tempo gets off, it can get pretty hairy. Overall, I love LOVE this driver. Best driver ever IMO.

I wish I had the money right now to buy one of these classics in RH on 3balls just for the shaft. I am struggling with the kua, I need something heavier!!!

You hit the hell out of this driver, TH.

I wish I had the money right now to buy one of these classics in RH on 3balls just for the shaft. I am struggling with the kua, I need something heavier!!!

You like the flight of the C Kua? I hit it way too high but the Kusala Black 72 is just perfect for me.

The flight is fine for me, I think ideally the white would be the best flight, but the 49 is too light!

Thanks for the kind words Hawk, I hit it well when the timing is right, but it feels like im swinging a limp noodle at time. 49 is just too light

Yea, you can get a big pull if things aren't timed right. Keep you eyes open on ebay. You never know what might turn up.

Yea, you can get a big pull if things aren't timed right. Keep you eyes open on ebay. You never know what might turn up.

I am. JB suggested the silver might be the better option because of the price. I am keeping my eyes open for something to open at the right price, but after this weekend I think I need to wait a little while because this wasn't a cheap one hehe

Maybe you could sell what you have now to offset the price of the one at 3balls?

Maybe you could sell what you have now to offset the price of the one at 3balls?

Well the LH selection doesnt offer the white, so it wouldnt do me much good unfortunately. If I was RH I would do it in a heartbeat

Well the LH selection doesnt offer the white, so it wouldnt do me much good unfortunately. If I was RH I would do it in a heartbeat

You got a pm coming your way.

I didn't know you suffered from that affliction. Just kidding. I am left handed but was taught how to play right handed. I guess the good thing about that is there are a lot more right handed clubs out there to be had.

You got a pm coming your way.

Sounds promising!

Thats the combo I'm looking at. I am a high ball hitter so I need low-launching shafts.

Back