Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

Does anyone know the length of a stock shaft for the Classic? I know that it plays to 45.5", but I can't find the length of the shaft by itself.

I am looking at a pretty good deal for a new shaft that has been trimmed to just under 44". I'm trying to figure out if it would play to 45.5" or if I could trim it to that length.

Does anyone know the length of a stock shaft for the Classic? I know that it plays to 45.5", but I can't find the length of the shaft by itself.

I am looking at a pretty good deal for a new shaft that has been trimmed to just under 44". I'm trying to figure out if it would play to 45.5" or if I could trim it to that length.

I think raw Miyazaki shafts come around 46 inches.. I would be surprised if something at 44 didn't play above 45.5. Check a bunch of ebay listings and most will say what raw length will play at. I bet it's closer to 43.5 to play at 45.5

I think raw Miyazaki shafts come around 46 inches.. I would be surprised if something at 44 didn't play above 45.5. Check a bunch of ebay listings and most will say what raw length will play at. I bet it's closer to 43.5 to play at 45.5

you are correct on the 46" raw number. I suspect it will work, but I don't want to out the cash down and have something that is too short. If anything, I suspect that I could play a slightly longer driver without issue.

Ill see what I can find out on the 'bay. Good suggestion.

you are correct on the 46" raw number. I suspect it will work, but I don't want to out the cash down and have something that is too short. If anything, I suspect that I could play a slightly longer driver without issue.

Ill see what I can find out on the 'bay. Good suggestion.

What shaft are you hunting for buddy?

I have been looking at the B. Asha shafts and seeing which one would closest match the C. Kua that is currently in my Classic. I am thinking 4x right now. Too bad I can't afford it.

I'm finally back on good terms with my Classic. Hit 4/4 fairways with it yesterday. Two were absolute bombs, the other two I hit a little high on the face but the still stayed in the short grass. It feels good to have her back on my good side....

Does it get any better than this? In limited testing so far, I say no, it doesn't! Full details in B. Asha thread but its like falling in love all over again for me with the classic!

top_down_Basha.jpg

50 drives, nice tight ball mark pattern (at least for me)
cc_face.jpg

That looks awesome, G4L. Perfect match.

Had a real nice day swinging the Classic. Still working a draw, but figured out how to draw it less and make it go farther. Hit some big drives by my standards and got to hit irons and wedges into greens, which is always nice. Still love how this thing sounds when you smash one with it.

Well with some prompting from Canadan, I set out yesterday to test the 310 classic. Only shaft that was available was the 61s. I hit the 9.5 head probably 25 times. Very promising, my only reservations were with the launch angle being around 14. So not sure which way to go. Its been suggested I look for the 61x to help bring it down a bit. But the feel of this combination is butta! Feels awesome really. So the search is on.

Opened up the 290 10.5 that came in the mail yesterday, hoping to get it out To a range tomorrow night

Opened up the 290 10.5 that came in the mail yesterday, hoping to get it out To a range tomorrow night
Sweet! Can't wait to hear how you do with it

Sweet! What shaft did you go with?

My 10.5 w/ Kusala White 61S tipped 1" has been chilling in the closet. Might put it up in the marketplace soon.

Driving for show and chutting for dough

Well with some prompting from Canadan, I set out yesterday to test the 310 classic. Only shaft that was available was the 61s. I hit the 9.5 head probably 25 times. Very promising, my only reservations were with the launch angle being around 14. So not sure which way to go. Its been suggested I look for the 61x to help bring it down a bit. But the feel of this combination is butta! Feels awesome really. So the search is on.

Yeah man, or maybe that 61s in 8.5 -- You never know!!

I'm really looking forward to what you end up with.

You get that driver to the range, Mike? I have Classic fever right now.

You get that driver to the range, Mike? I have Classic fever right now.

nope, but its in the car for a range sesssion tonight!

Side by Side testing with the big sticks?

thats the plan. My encounters with the Classic were not very good at first, but the last 4 or 5 times Ive hit it Ive come away pondering. So picked one up for a great price and figured might as well give it a shot against the Anser

Right on. Good luck with it.

Right on. Good luck with it.

Yeah, will feel good just to swing a club again, feels like an eternity. Will try to play 9 tomorrow too, and if course isnt too bad, might hit a ball with each club off the tee and see how the on course results fair.

Man, I feel you on that. With the time change and some other things, I haven't had much of a chance to golf. I'm trying to figure out something for today as well.

Back