Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

I had the 10.5 a while back but it didn't suit me. I just picked up a 9* 290 with the stock C.Kua. Gonna give her a go.

thats the plan. My encounters with the Classic were not very good at first, but the last 4 or 5 times Ive hit it Ive come away pondering. So picked one up for a great price and figured might as well give it a shot against the Anser

I am pretty confident on the results I expect to see buddy. Time will obviously tell, but I can't wait for you to find the club that actually gets your distance where you want it.

I am pretty confident on the results I expect to see buddy. Time will obviously tell, but I can't wait for you to find the club that actually gets your distance where you want it.

Yeah I think it may just come down to finding the best shaft/head combo for me, as it should

try not swinging since July....that's an eternity

good luck with your comparison dude, intetresting

Yeah, will feel good just to swing a club again, feels like an eternity. Will try to play 9 tomorrow too, and if course isnt too bad, might hit a ball with each club off the tee and see how the on course results fair.

try not swinging since July....that's an eternity

good luck with your comparison dude, intetresting

thanks man, certain days I love the Anser, certain days I dont, and certain days I miss my Titleist 910 D2....so hopefully a classic will get me heading in the right direction

thats the plan. My encounters with the Classic were not very good at first, but the last 4 or 5 times Ive hit it Ive come away pondering. So picked one up for a great price and figured might as well give it a shot against the Anser
Same here, but all my hits were in a simulator and never out on the range or on the course. I am intrigued with the high launch that seems to happen with this driver (as that's what I need) and will be really interested in the new Classic coming out next year to see what improvements they have done (adjustable?). Still, such a good looking club.

Same here, but all my hits were in a simulator and never out on the range or on the course. I am intrigued with the high launch that seems to happen with this driver (as that's what I need) and will be really interested in the new Classic coming out next year to see what improvements they have done (adjustable?). Still, such a good looking club.

I'm optimistic on adjustability... I also hope they tone down the look a bit. I love the club, but am not a HUGE fan of the look at address. It doesn't reduce my ability to play well with it, in fact the face colour variation does quite a bit to set up, I just would prefer a more refined look.

Furthermore, I am really hoping for a change in headcover. Not sure why, I just don't care for it this year. Gives me great reason to use my THP gorilla.

Just wondering has anyone tried the classic with a dromos shaft or have a comparison between the dromos and kusala? A friend of mine has one that I can pick up pretty cheap I might get it to test in my 10.5* 310

Just wondering has anyone tried the classic with a dromos shaft or have a comparison between the dromos and kusala? A friend of mine has one that I can pick up pretty cheap I might get it to test in my 10.5* 310

comparing the stiff flex?

The Dromos 61s is a mid launch at 5534. Actually a very cool shaft, designed to reduce any spine effects.
With the Kusala 61s at 3356 as a low launch, I would think you'll experience similar weighting with a slightly higher launch.

What are you hoping to get out of it Curt?

comparing the stiff flex?

The Dromos 61s is a mid launch at 5534. Actually a very cool shaft, designed to reduce any spine effects.
With the Kusala 61s at 3356 as a low launch, I would think you'll experience similar weighting with a slightly higher launch.

What are you hoping to get out of it Curt?

This is exactly what I was looking for thank you!

I have the kusala black 61s and the dromos is also a 61s, I want to keep the weight the same but get a little higher launch. Currently I'm hitting very low drives (about tree top level) and I'm hoping the dromos would get the ball up a bit higher for more carry.

This is exactly what I was looking for thank you!

I have the kusala black 61s and the dromos is also a 61s, I want to keep the weight the same but get a little higher launch. Currently I'm hitting very low drives (about tree top level) and I'm hoping the dromos would get the ball up a bit higher for more carry.

I would think the dromos could accomplish that, but then again, so could a Kusala Indigo (5555), blue (5544), or silver (5633). All come in 61g which is nice!

It doesn't surprise me at all that the Black is producing a low launch, especially with the low spin 310 head.

I'm optimistic on adjustability... I also hope they tone down the look a bit. I love the club, but am not a HUGE fan of the look at address. It doesn't reduce my ability to play well with it, in fact the face colour variation does quite a bit to set up, I just would prefer a more refined look.

Furthermore, I am really hoping for a change in headcover. Not sure why, I just don't care for it this year. Gives me great reason to use my THP gorilla.

I've realized that the best part of adjustability is the ease of switching shafts. It would be a huge help to be able to do this with the Classic and figure out the best shaft.

Have to disagree with you on the headcover, though. I absolutely love that style.

I've realized that the best part of adjustability is the ease of switching shafts. It would be a huge help to be able to do this with the Classic and figure out the best shaft.

Have to disagree with you on the headcover, though. I absolutely love that style.
I agree with the headcover too, there are too many that seem like a fight to get them on, not this one

I agree with the headcover too, there are too many that seem like a fight to get them on, not this one

It goes on smooth and easy every time. Love it.

Hah, don't know what it is dude, I just don't care for it..

I'll second the best shaft comment.. Beats buying multiple heads!

I've been pondering doing the same thing, but since the season is about over I don't know whether to do that or just wait for next season to start pondering any new drivers. I didn't have a great experience with the Classic my first time on a range with it, but the same could be said about the Fit and now I think it is the best driver I have ever hit. I definitely want to give the Classic another shot though.

I've been pondering doing the same thing, but since the season is about over I don't know whether to do that or just wait for next season to start pondering any new drivers. I didn't have a great experience with the Classic my first time on a range with it, but the same could be said about the Fit and now I think it is the best driver I have ever hit. I definitely want to give the Classic another shot though.

Yeah I now have 2 classics here and the anser, hoping to find some time to get some comparisons going

I've got a Cleveland Classic 290 10.5* on the way. I have been playing the SL290 for quite a while now. Love the Miyazaki 43g shaft!

Yeah I now have 2 classics here and the anser, hoping to find some time to get some comparisons going

It may have just been the shaft on the Classic I tried that I didn't like...if I were to pick one up it would be the 310 with the 61s shaft on it. The one I tried had the 43g on it, which for this particular club just didn't work well for me. I'm really looking forward to the Classic XL with the stock B. Asha shaft.

It may have just been the shaft on the Classic I tried that I didn't like...if I were to pick one up it would be the 310 with the 61s shaft on it. The one I tried had the 43g on it, which for this particular club just didn't work well for me. I'm really looking forward to the Classic XL with the stock B. Asha shaft.

In my opinion, there's a pretty hefty difference between the 290 head and the 310 head as well.

In my opinion, there's a pretty hefty difference between the 290 head and the 310 head as well.

I totally agree with this. You need to find the one that fits you best. I wasn't nearly as accurate with the 310 as the 290.

Yeah that too, I think I just need to mess with a few combinations. Even without trying the 290, if I would have bought one at the beginning of last season I would have gone with the 310

I'm with the group that loves the headcover on this driver. I almost bought one without the driver...

Can't wait so see the 2013 version. Add in the ability to change shafts easily (please make the adapter available) and I think this would be close to the perfect driver.

I'm with the group that loves the headcover on this driver. I almost bought one without the driver...

Can't wait so see the 2013 version. Add in the ability to change shafts easily (please make the adapter available) and I think this would be close to the perfect driver.

no kidding, it will also be interesting to see what other changes (if any) are made beyond color and adjustability.

I have thought about that many times, buying the headcover solo. The driver and me just did not get along which is why it has been banished to Minnesota.

Back