Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

What a beauty! Seeing this driver just makes me want it more and more.

That crest or emblem on the bottom of the club is really cool. I think this is the first time I noticed it, nice touch by Cleveland
It is a nice touch, just a beautiful look they have with this one. Love the "290" badging as well.

I really think this Driver w/ the stock shaft at 12* could be the perfect driver for me.

I tried to get a good picture of that, but struck out. I hadn't noticed it before either, Freddie.

thanks for the pics and video Hawkster! Hit it well tomorrow. How awesome is that headcover?

Congrats Hawk. I do think that is the best looking driver out right now and I love the stock C.Kua.

very nice Hawk. Cleveland is moving fast with our gear, it's awesome.
hit bombs brother.

Congrats Hawk! That is one good looking club! Ultralight Cleveland goodness in a much sexier package!
Gotta go wipe the drool off my keyboard.

Congrats Hawk. What a beauty!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Very nice Hawk! Hope you crush it this weekend bro.

Tried this girl again at Roger Dunn and had the same issues. High flying weak slice and mean smother hook were the only two shots I could get off. Picked up a near lying D3 set to whatever and BAM, straight as an arrow. I know the issue has gotta be weight. I don't do lightweight drivers. I got on well with the 2011 TL310 and couldn't hit the 270 or 290 last year either. Yet NOBODY carries the 310! It's a travesty...

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

The 310 really isn't the same driver as the other two. It's not as low spin of a head, which is probably why they are able to pair it with the shaft they do. I'd be interested to see how the 290 head worked for you with one of the Kusalas in the 60-70g range.

The 310 really isn't the same driver as the other two. It's not as low spin of a head, which is probably why they are able to pair it with the shaft they do. I'd be interested to see how the 290 head worked for you with one of the Kusalas in the 60-70g range.

I would too. Preferably a Kusala White in sub 70g range.

I'm fortunate in that the Kua 43S has always treated me nicely. I would love to see how it worked out with one of the Kusalas just for kicks.

I'm waiting out some frost this morning. Temps are in the 30's as well, but I'm getting impatient already.

I'm fortunate in that the Kua 43S has always treated me nicely. I would love to see how it worked out with one of the Kusalas just for kicks.

I'm waiting out some frost this morning. Temps are in the 30's as well, but I'm getting impatient already.

Sorry bout the weather bro. If its any consolation it's 73* outside here tonight...

Stunning club there hawk, if this plays have as well as it looks it will be incredible.

Thats a great looking club Hawkster. Still not a fan of the headcover, but man that head is shiny. I really liked the pic of your MC bag too, heck of a set you have there.

Such a nice driver, Hawk! I think all the Cleveland staffers are going to have some great combos with the miyazaki shafts.

That's a gorgeous driver Hawk. I hope you get along well with it!

Man i am so jealous of you guys getting your Classics in!

Well, just enough time for a quick range session today. Temps were not great - high 40's/low 50's, but not a lot of wind at least.

Took a quick video of my first two swings.

As I mentioned in the video, I wanted to play around with tee height a bit. You can really tee the ball way up with this driver due to the depth of the face. Still am not sure I came to any conclusions, but it seemed to work well on the higher side. I was possible to go too high as I did almost put one on the crown, but I had the tee way up at that point.

Felt like I really was hitting the center of the face a lot. I did put a couple out on the toe. Distance loss wasn't severe and the toe misses were usually lazy push-draws. Definitely not a bad miss. In all honestly, I wasn't really thrilled with my driver swing today, but I was pretty impressed with the results I was seeing. I usually gauge things based on the back flag at our range, which was 240 yards out today. I had a good number of balls out that far, which is a good poke for me, especially in these temps.

Hoping for some course time tomorrow. Should be another chilly start, but I'm excited to see how it plays on my course. On a side note, I really love that staff bag.

Good to hear and see you got some swings in with the Classic. I love the sound of crisp ball with this driver. I must say I'm more impressed with the short sleeves in cold temps.

Pretty impressive that even though you were not swinging well today you still had good results. Says a lot about the lateral forgiveness on the Classic, 240+ on a bad is pretty dang good.

Started out with a jacket, but as you can see, it got taken off and tossed on the ground. I hate swinging with a coat on. Definitely a solid sound. Louder than what I was playing before, but not so high pitched.

Think I'm going to schedule a lesson for next week. I want to see what I can get out of it afterwards, plus it will give me a chance to see some numbers.

Man i LOVE the sound of this driver.

I am going to order the 12 degree with the heavier mid flight shaft this coming week.

Back