Cleveland Custom 588 Driver Preview Thread

Good looking driver, I will have to hit up a golf shop to give it a whirl. I love the black! Hope to see myself swinging it at the MC, allways dreaming.

Great looking driver. I'm digging the Cleveland "classic" look they've got going on!

I have hit a prototype of this on a couple of occasions. All I can say is belive the hype. It reminded me of a straighter version my CG black Tour, that was adjustable, (did not get to mess with the settings) and the Matrix shaft was MONEY for me. I play a dromos in my gamer for reference and it seemed very similar to me. I joked with the Cleveland Tech that I did not want to give the glub back after the test. I can not wait to get my hands on one.

Last edited:
Well damn it all anyway. I feel a bit of tingling in my cold dead heart and I think it's because this driver has me a little excited.

Well damn it all anyway. I feel a bit of tingling in my cold dead heart and I think it's because this driver has me a little excited.

You will have it in hand shortly for review.

You will have it in hand shortly for review.

noooooo, keep it in Florida til Feb lol

Looking forward to Hawk's thoughts and will certainly be valuable insight for MC possibilities

I'm curious to read more about the adjustable weighting system.

I'm curious to read more about the adjustable weighting system.

Curious about this as well. Is it purely for swing weight, or is it also for ball flight and MOI?

I don't think I've ever wanted to hit something as badly as I do this. What a beaut.

Curious about this as well. Is it purely for swing weight, or is it also for ball flight and MOI?

I don't think I've ever wanted to hit something as badly as I do this. What a beaut.

Exactly. What is the function ?

I can't stop looking at this.

I can't stop looking at this.

I know it.

What I'm seeing (and really like) is that it looks like a departure from the Classic and the XL. Both were good drivers, but I need something a little different than I did when I played the OG Classic. The Red Tie has the potential to be very good for me. I can open it up if I want. Sole looks stealthy.

Then you have a couple chunks of early feedback that sound promising.

I know it.

What I'm seeing (and really like) is that it looks like a departure from the Classic and the XL. Both were good drivers, but I need something a little different than I did when I played the OG Classic. The Red Tie has the potential to be very good for me. I can open it up if I want. Sole looks stealthy.

As much as I love my OG Classic, the bolded excites me because of the potential of significant improvement from getting the right fitting/adjustment settings/shaft pairing. I haven't hit the Red Tie yet, but I read James' review of it again and think it could be a winner.

I know it.

The head shape and size do look different than previous drivers, the classic had that deep face/small head look, this looks larger and more "even" if that word can even apply. I really like the stealthy look at address, Cleveland classic, keeps coming to mind, they seem to KISS, keep it simple stupid! And that really works for aesthetics and having a pleasing club at address.

The head shape and size do look different than previous drivers, the classic had that deep face/small head look, this looks larger and more "even" if that word can even apply. I really like the stealthy look at address, Cleveland classic, keeps coming to mind, they seem to KISS, keep it simple stupid! And that really works for aesthetics and having a pleasing club at address.

Thought the same thing buddy! I didn't give the Classic line a fair shot when it came out for many reasons. I'm curious to see how deep this face is compared to the Classic. Does anyone know yet if this is going to be just a 460cc offering?

Great looking driver. Very interested in learning more about the weighting in the back.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

As much as I love my OG Classic, the bolded excites me because of the potential of significant improvement from getting the right fitting/adjustment settings/shaft pairing. I haven't hit the Red Tie yet, but I read James' review of it again and think it could be a winner.

This is one of the things I most excited about. The shaft pairing and the weighting.

That thing is beautiful!!! A little of the Black Tour, a little Srixon Z-Star, etc. Nice!!!

Not sure how I missed this one. Love JB's early thoughts and the Red Tie puts this on my "must hit" list.

I know it.

Good word stealthy. Fits perfectly

Somehow I missed this thread. I am liking the looks of this driver. Stays with the looks of the classic and I really like the way it sets up. Looking forward to hearing more about this club.

I really like the looks of this driver. I think it's elegant & understated, but menacing. James Bond would bag this driver.

I really like the looks of this driver. I think it's elegant & understated, but menacing. James Bond would bag this driver.

Ha ha ha not sure if James Bond would bag this driver, but James Vaughn (me) sure would....lol

From the mini-computer!

Back