Cleveland HB SOFT Milled Putters

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Cleveland Golf doesn’t get the recognition they deserve when it comes to putters, that is a hill which as an unabashed student and addict of putters, I will happily die on.

Think about it, this is a brand which has unabashedly gone all in on providing as much bang for the buck as possible within the putter segment. Not only have they utilized the various inserts and differing materials which all companies toy with, they have numerous times stepped boldly out onto ledges through unique alignment ideas (looking at you Smart Square and 2135) as well as against the trend weighting ideas (Frontline) which other companies have since taken and tried to run with as their own.

Continue reading...

I’ll give them a roll. Been wanting to try a blade style putter and this seems like great pricing for something that seems so premium.

Now the only question is whether or not to buy one just to get a All-In earlier 🤔

Thoroughly impressed by the entire package for the price.

Awesome flatsticks at a very reasonable price from Cleveland once again. I really enjoyed all of the features of the Frontline line, especially the SOFT face, and adding more milling will make them even better. And a measly $50 to get an All-In shaft!

There is much to like with this lineup. The price point for the All In shaft makes these very attractive for someone who may want to try that shaft.

Definitely something I will check out as the looks and price point are on the money. I want to get a milled putter back in the rotation and this comes in around where I’d want to be. Still not 100% sold on the premium shaft upgrade, as I don’t fully understand it, but that’s my own lack of knowledge.

Thanks for showcasing another option for us @Jman

I’ve had success with Cleveland putters many times over the years. The milled face versions have always punched above their weight when it came to shape and feel imo.

I like the story of it. Good on them for going the low waste method of casting and milling. I think they look rather nice and definitely a high number of models. The All In shaft option is a nice bonus too at not a huge cost to upgrade there.

All of that said…I think going that 250 mark for a Cleveland putter is a tough sell. Their old milled putters always felt nice and soft and hit that sweet price point, but they still didn’t fly off the shelves. Maybe it’s a case of they were “great feel budget putter” and they got overlooked because of that. Time will tell.

Either way, I like the release and thanks all the info and thoughts @Jman

A quick look at another model.

Pretty interesting/exciting grip and shaft stock options.

The 'soft' in the name continues to be a strong turnoff that I can't get over.

I like the story of it. Good on them for going the low waste method of casting and milling. I think they look rather nice and definitely a high number of models. The All In shaft option is a nice bonus too at not a huge cost to upgrade there.

All of that said…I think going that 250 mark for a Cleveland putter is a tough sell. Their old milled putters always felt nice and soft and hit that sweet price point, but they still didn’t fly off the shelves. Maybe it’s a case of they were “great feel budget putter” and they got overlooked because of that. Time will tell.

Either way, I like the release and thanks all the info and thoughts @Jman
Still 199 for traditional steel shafted versions though.

Pretty interesting/exciting grip and shaft stock options.

The 'soft' in the name continues to be a strong turnoff that I can't get over.
What about it makes it a turnoff?

The experience I've had in the past with Cleveland putters always leaves me happy. Great looking, they flat our perform, and the price point cannot be beat. I'm glad to see that continue with these milled putters.

Great write-up @Jman. I love the face milling on these and was really surprised and how good the last generation felt when I rolled them in store, especially at the price point they were at. It will be interesting to see if graphite shaft options become more available in off the shelf putters, that All-In shaft is an awesome look with the black contrast heads.

A quick look at another model.

That flange contrast is really sharp. Was a little nervous when I read about it in the article.

That looks like a full package offering. Really intrigued with these.

Release article with a bonus full review in it to boot! 😉

This is an exciting release. This line has always grabbed my eye. Hope the local stores have some to play with soon.

Still 199 for traditional steel shafted versions though.

brings it up to their frontline intro price. Their Soft or HB line was 99, then 129, 159 for the premier. It’s an increase and the world we live in. Doesn’t take away from any of the good stuff they have going with it(which is a lot).

Really like the looks of these putters. At $200/$250, they come in under many manufacturers. The All-in shaft upgrade is a good idea. Odyssey has Stroke Lab, and this allows them to compete. @Jman , do these putters utilize any technology from the Frontline series?

Great write up.
I think milling the parts that matter while working from a cast head makes perfect sense, especially from a waste POV

the price point is great imo

I think I’m going to try to get one of these

Back