Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Great stuff, TC. I'm really excited to get out on the course again to hit some great Mashie shots. Love the catch phrase haha.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

I met a good friend of mine yesterday for a round of golf. He and I have played a lot of golf together, and if anyone knows my game and my approach to golf it's this particular fella. Of course, he asks what's the newest and latest and greatest gear on the golf market these days, so it was the perfect time to plug the Mashie. He was very impressed with the overall package, and couldn't believe that it came with a real deal Miyazaki shaft. He wasn't blown away with the retro finish but his perceptions completely changed by the end of our round.

This was my first round of golf in 2011 so I wanted to make sure that my personal expectations were not too high and I wanted to focus on some basics, on decent contact, and to start getting myself into golf shape. I actually struck the ball quite well today and we were experiencing some windy conditions, especially in this area. We decided to play one tee box up from where we normally do, so we played from 5995 yards. It was a nice way to get back into the swing of things, because distance wasn't the premium. This also gave me the opportunity to tee off a ton with the M3, which made me happy.

I'm just getting better and better with this golf club. The more comfortable I get, the better contact and results I am seeing, thus, the more confident I am with this club. The best part was after about the 3rd hole I tee'd off with it, and I was just slightly behind my friend, who was hitting his driver, he started to become very interested in this golf club. I believe his exact reaction was, "that's just ridiculous". He also couldn't believe how far the shot would go, particularly in that wind, with a ball flight as high as the Mashie provides.

My Mashie shot of the day, that's right, I'm gonna coin that term, was on the short par 4 11th. This hole isn't long, especially from where we played, but it's very demanding. The fairway is about 15 yards wide and lined with live oaks. Accuracy is definitely tested on this hole. We had a massive tail wind, and it was 265 to the front edge of the green. I pull Mashie, I let it rip and I was 5 paces short of the bunker in front of the green. The ball seemed to be in the air forever. It was incredible, I felt huge.

In conclusion, I now definitely want the M2 and it will definitely be taking my 3w out of my bag. These clubs are just far to accurate, far to consistent, far to forgiving, and as much as I hate to say it again, they're the closest thing to cheating.

Fantastic summary TC! Your passion and comfort level with this club is really coming out. Love it!

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

God I can't wait to get his club. Come on Cleveland ship our clubs already!!

Awesome update TC. Love the results youre getting now after the early struggles. When I read stuff like that I cant wait to get my Mashie on too.

Did anybody measure carry distance of M4 vs. M3 vs. M2?

Awesome update TC. Love the results youre getting now after the early struggles. When I read stuff like that I cant wait to get my Mashie on too.

The early struggles had to do with getting use to the weight of the shaft I do believe. But that's all but gone to tell you the truth. I'm seeing nothing but high, long, straight balls with it. Like I said, now I want the M2 in a bad kind of way.

Does anybody measure carry distance of M4 vs. M3 vs. M2?

My carry distance avg w/the M3 is 217 yards. That's been confirmed on a Vector. I don't have the others to compare that distance to, sorry.

The early struggles had to do with getting use to the weight of the shaft I do believe. But that's all but gone to tell you the truth. I'm seeing nothing but high, long, straight balls with it. Like I said, now I want the M2 in a bad kind of way.

Blind9golf my mountain friend. Free shipping and a good deal.

Blind9golf my mountain friend. Free shipping and a good deal.

You know me buddy, I always like to try before I buy, even though I love the M3. I'll be able to hit the M2 at demo day so I can wait. It's not like the Superfast 3w is a horrible option.

My carry distance avg w/the M3 is 217 yards. That's been confirmed on a Vector. I don't have the others to compare that distance to, sorry.

Great stuff TC, thats a bomb with a 3 hybrid though, 275??? crazy! Its amazing how quick other people fall in love with this club, I think 2 people I was at the driving range with yesterday are going to buy one just based off the sound they were hearing and the ball flight I was seeing. They would have hit mine but ooohhh sorry only for lefties. Good stuff TC and its great you finally got out for a round of golf this year. I thought the south was supposed to be warm?

Hey TC.....I'm curious, how far do you hit your 3W and your 7iron? Is the distance your getting in your M3 the same as your comparable hybrid before the Mashie?

You know me buddy, I always like to try before I buy, even though I love the M3. I'll be able to hit the M2 at demo day so I can wait. It's not like the Superfast 3w is a horrible option.

You can hit mine all day but if you hit it further than I hit my driver I might have to take it back :D

Hey TC.....I'm curious, how far do you hit your 3W and your 7iron? Is the distance your getting in your M3 the same as your comparable hybrid before the Mashie?

I hit my 3 wood around 230-235 (carry) and I carry my 7iron around 165-170.

I've never had a 20.5* hybrid before Pirate, I've always had a 18/19* hybrid but I can tell you that this Mashie is about the same, distance wise, as the 18* Machspeed hybrid that I was previously playing. The Machspeed may have been a touch further, but it was nowhere near as accurate.

You can hit mine all day but if you hit it further than I hit my driver I might have to take it back :D

It's a good thing we get to be on the same replay/scramble team. We'll basically have each others clubs at our disposal.

It's a good thing we get to be on the same replay/scramble team. We'll basically have each others clubs at our disposal.

Very true, that pretty rare for lefties. Pirate as an example my old hybrid was the burner 09 and I carried it 200-205 and it was 19*, the M3 at 20.5* seems to be carrying that same yardage in the depths of winter here. It is longer!

Very true, that pretty rare for lefties. Pirate as an example my old hybrid was the burner 09 and I carried it 200-205 and it was 19*, the M3 at 20.5* seems to be carrying that same yardage in the depths of winter here. It is longer!

I hit my 3 wood around 230-235 (carry) and I carry my 7iron around 165-170.

I've never had a 20.5* hybrid before Pirate, I've always had a 18/19* hybrid but I can tell you that this Mashie is about the same, distance wise, as the 18* Machspeed hybrid that I was previously playing. The Machspeed may have been a touch further, but it was nowhere near as accurate.

Thanks for the input guys....looking forward to playing the replay round with you! I'm going to a Cleveland demo day at GG on Friday/Sat and I will see what's what when I get on the LM. I currently hit my FTiz 18* around 205 and I'm looking at the M1. If I love the club and hit this M1 long I might end up having to replace the FTiz's to get proper gaps set up.

I dunno. Golf Digest said it looked half finished. :arrogant:

I will hit the Mashie, I just how much I liked the Superlaunch. But I have just had a hard time finding a better hybrid than what I currently play.

GD also gave it a silver medal even though performance, etc was off the charts good as told by their own testers so let's not put too much stock into what GD says. Sheep we are not.

Whatever works best for you is definitely what you should use, but I would not listen to Golf Digest when it comes to considering clubs. I didn't think much of the Mashine until I hit it. I don't like hybrids at all, but I love the Mashie.

Edit: I really like the way the superlaunch hybrid looks! It definitely has the most unique shape of any hybrid that I have seen.
I was being sarcastic with the GD comment. I tried to use the :arrogant: emoticon to express that. I will try the Mashie, I just not going to blindly pledge my love to it without hitting it first.

I was being sarcastic with the GD comment. I tried to use the :arrogant: emoticon to express that. I will try the Mashie, I just not going to blindly pledge my love to it without hitting it first.

That would go against the THP motto to love it and buy it without hitting it.

For all those interested in this club (along with the new drivers/fairway woods) Golf Galaxy stores will be having a demo event this Saturday. Also a plus for anyone with some extra clubs to trade in.

50% Enhanced Trade-in on New Launcher Ultralite Drivers, Fairway Woods and Mashie Utility Clubs.

After a great range session, I hit a few shots on the course with the Mashie today during an evening nine holes. Three swings with the Mashie and three shots that went exactly as planned. The more time I spend with this club, the more I love it. This club just flat out performs. I haven't had my original "hooking" problems for a few weeks now, so I'm getting more and more exciting about keeping this club in my bag and about hitting a few more Mashie's with different lofts at the THP outing. It's been said a million times already, but Cleveland really has a winner on their hands here and I have a feeling that their partnership with Miyazaki is going to produce more amazing clubs!

Just demoed this today at a local golf shop, and even though it looks closed, the ball flight was extremely straight.

After a great range session, I hit a few shots on the course with the Mashie today during an evening nine holes. Three swings with the Mashie and three shots that went exactly as planned. The more time I spend with this club, the more I love it. This club just flat out performs. I haven't had my original "hooking" problems for a few weeks now, so I'm getting more and more exciting about keeping this club in my bag and about hitting a few more Mashie's with different lofts at the THP outing. It's been said a million times already, but Cleveland really has a winner on their hands here and I have a feeling that their partnership with Miyazaki is going to produce more amazing clubs!
Glad to hear it's working for you.

Great to hear its really starting to work for you AHA.

Back