Cleveland Releases Black Driver

I wonder how that will differ from the Cleveland Black Tour driver I saw the other day.

(skimmer)
I've seen info and pics for a Black wedge, Black irons and a Mashie fairway wood so I think they'll be having a busy year at Cleveland/Srixon. Advantage them in MC2?

I wonder how that will differ from the Cleveland Black Tour driver I saw the other day.

(skimmer)
I've seen info and pics for a Black wedge, Black irons and a Mashie fairway wood so I think they'll be having a busy year at Cleveland/Srixon. Advantage them in MC2?

Maybe but a competition is more about the indians than the arrows! There will be some very nifty looking new equipment in play, however, and quite a few THPers are going to get a chance to be fit like a pro. That would be fun and instructive.

Black is the new White? It's funny to get so excited about every product release since there are going to be dozens & dozens between now and January. It's pretty unlikely that any equipment coming online this fall is that much more wowza than last October's product lines.

Every company in the Morgan Cup has new equipment coming out next year.

Every company in the Morgan Cup has new equipment coming out next year.

Wow that is some awesome news. I am excited to see what the other OEMs have coming out.

So....

Is the radio show ready yet?

So....

Is the radio show ready yet?

Working on dates right now. Kind of crazy at HQ at the moment, but we will get it done.

Working on dates right now. Kind of crazy at HQ at the moment, but we will get it done.

I hear you. Can't wait to get the inside scoop.

I would guess that you'd be ok. I swing consistently in the 97-102 range and top out at 105 but I'd be confident the shaft would hold up. Whether it would work for me is another story but I think on paper it could be

One thing that I am concerned with regarding this driver is the limit of the shaft, not that I have super swing speed or even close. The info relates that stiff is for up 100 mph, well I'm a little over that now and even with my current shaft when I completely go after one who knows where it's gonna go. As much as I love the idea behind the club I'm a tad concerned with the shaft, unless you can get it with a stiffer tip profile.

Color me curious still though.

I really like the look of that club!

I would guess that you'd be ok. I swing consistently in the 97-102 range and top out at 105 but I'd be confident the shaft would hold up. Whether it would work for me is another story but I think on paper it could be

Im very curious about this and really look forward to trying it out.

This is a cool video about the driver

I am thinking this would fit my swing speeds just right... not sure about being so light out at 46".... Never really played with the lighter drivers.
Aesthetically, it would look great next to my CG7 BP's...Really looking forward to more discussion on this one when it comes out....

This is a cool video about the driver

I have been on the go so much lately I just got the chance to watch the video, yes Frank it was very cool. Got to see Nate explain why I am probably going to end up with one of those black beauties.

awesome vid

Yeah Dawg I rekon I will be biting the bullet and picking one up as well. Hopefully I will find a place to hit it first.

Those of you thinking about this that fit into that swing type will be very happy!!

Those of you thinking about this that fit into that swing type will be very happy!!

I am....tempo is getting more and more into my swing thought process and I saw some good results over the last few holes today with that in mind.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I think this driver might fit me perfectly. I'm hoping one day soon I can swing this thing. Hoping. Wishing.

Come down for the west past of Florida gathering and you to can feel the power

Man that looks sweet...

I agree.
I am....tempo is getting more and more into my swing thought process and I saw some good results over the last few holes today with that in mind.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I think this driver might fit me perfectly. I'm hoping one day soon I can swing this thing. Hoping. Wishing.

I think both of you will be all about this driver. The tech behind it is impressive. I am hoping I see similar results with it as I did a few weeks back the next time I get to swing it.

Got the put the Black Driver in to play again today, this was not the best round of golf I have ever played by any means but I did get some good swings with the Black driver.

First off, I still hit this much better than my Superfast, and its not even close. I did have some slices today, but that's me. I started off the round hitting my tee shots quite well, and then was hot and cold through out the round. I measured out 6 drives today, they were; 263 yards, 261, 247, 280, 269, 238. Longest being 280 yards, and straight in to a fairway bunker that I didnt think I would be able to reach. Shortest at 238 literally plugged in to the very wet fairway.

I think with some range time to find some consistency with my swing with Black driver would help me out a bit, just to find the groove that I need with it. I hit it much better than my Superfast, it is a night and day difference. My misses today were all on me, even Tadashi made the comment that my setup was completely different on my misses compared to when I hit it well.

A lot of good drivers coming out, and demo day in the Spring, but it will be tough for me not to grab this one at release.

War, you sound like me with the Superfast. I want to hit the Black so bad, called Edwin Watts and they were preorder only. With your limited time, do you think this driver is for you. More on the line of does it fit your game?

Back