Cleveland Releases Black Irons

Took my 52 degree for a test drive on the practice area today. It feels a little heavy, but not as heavy as the RTX 588 CB it is replacing. I only hit full shots today and it was easy to make clean contact. Nice high shots that stopped pretty quickly. Forgiving club face since shots more off toe or center all went straight. Pondering the 56 degree sand wedge now. Have Miyazaki shafts in CG Black 3wood, Mashies and CG Black irons.

I just ordered a 56 degree CG Black wedge to add to my set, and I'm looking forward to testing it against my beloved Ping Zing copper sand wedge that's currently in my bag. Should be an enjoyable test ...

Mike
MPM1960

I just ordered a 56 degree CG Black wedge to add to my set, and I'm looking forward to testing it against my beloved Ping Zing copper sand wedge that's currently in my bag. Should be an enjoyable test ...

Mike
MPM1960

Okay, after some springtime golf here in northern KY and a 3-day trip to the RTJ Golf Trail in Alabama, I can say confidently that the 56 degree CG Black SW is a winner (IMHO). It performed quite well from both the sand and from around the greens, so it's got a home in my bag right now. The irons are also a keeper, and I'm glad I upgraded my bag this winter from the original Hibore irons to the CG Blacks ...

Mike
MPM1960

That is great. Glad it is working for you.

Okay, after some springtime golf here in northern KY and a 3-day trip to the RTJ Golf Trail in Alabama, I can say confidently that the 56 degree CG Black SW is a winner (IMHO). It performed quite well from both the sand and from around the greens, so it's got a home in my bag right now. The irons are also a keeper, and I'm glad I upgraded my bag this winter from the original Hibore irons to the CG Blacks ...

Mike
MPM1960

That is awesome Mike. I absolutely love my set of Blacks, and if it were not for The Morgan Cup I probably would not even consider pulling them from the bag this year.

Wondering if anyone here has added the CG Black 3 iron to their bag ... I currently have a Mashie Plus 3 Hybrid that fills the gap between my CG Black 5 wood and my CG Black 4 iron, but I've been thinking about finding a matching 3 iron for my bag. Anyone here actually game the 3 iron, or possibly have hit the 3 iron at some point? I'm curious to learn of other's experiences ... and thanks in advance.

Mike
MPM1960
Ft. Mitchell, KY

I had a brief affair with the CG Blacks 3-pw, Mike. The 3 iron was just as easy to hit as the 4 iron for me, so I say if you hit the 4 iron well, I would definitely look into the 3 iron. On a side note, I have the CG black driver, 3wood, and 7wood being delivered to my house today. Can't wait. I really don't remember why I got rid of them, oohh yeeaaa, I'm a club h0.

I do hit my 4 iron well, so I'll be looking to add the 3 iron to my bag in the coming weeks ... thanks for the advice! I'd also like to add a 7 wood to the mix, but because I'm left handed I can't get the club. I understand Cleveland's reluctance to make 7 woods for lefties, but it's a bummer nontheless ...

Thanks again,

Mike

I have played the 48, 52, and 56 degee all season and have to see they are winners. They are excellent in full shots as well as partial shots. Superb forgiveness all accross the face. As for the sand....the 56 degree is money.....it makes getting out of the sand so easy.

I would say the CG Blacks are an very good choice if you are looking for forgiveness from your wedges.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

These look sweet!

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Anyone looking to part with their set drop me a PM :)

Anyone looking to part with their set drop me a PM :)

I have had thoughts about selling mine and getting G25s, but they are so easy to hit I am afraid I'll regret it!

Back