Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Yep, works great. I hope I can get the combo on the launch monitor in Vegas.

Yep, works great. I hope I can get the combo on the launch monitor in Vegas.

That's pretty sweet. I might play around with that today....

Hit one of these today with the stock stiff shaft at Dicks. Holy cow. Tremendous feel and look at address. Numbers were great (didn't even look at the distance) but launch and spin were ideal. If school tuition didn't cost so much, this deal would've been done.

I will start this out by mentioning I don't know anything about shafts, but since joining THP I have been in ponder mode for a new one for my Amp Cell. I really like this driver, but I am hitting it really high even on 9.5. Is there a shaft that would be fairly cheap and help me have a lower ball flight? Thanks for your help.

I just picked one of these up in red the other day. I am hitting this driver so well, that I am now thinking I will replace my current 3 wood with a new amp cell !!
i just went with the stock shaft in stiff, but seems to work well with me. Plan on a full fitting next year.

I will start this out by mentioning I don't know anything about shafts, but since joining THP I have been in ponder mode for a new one for my Amp Cell. I really like this driver, but I am hitting it really high even on 9.5. Is there a shaft that would be fairly cheap and help me have a lower ball flight? Thanks for your help.

What flex are ya hitting?

tappin from my big as note2

Diamana Blueboards (mid flight) and Whiteboards (low flight) can be had pretty darn cheap on eBay I think. Every once in a while a Kusala Black shows up on eBay for 100-150.

Thought I might have a shaft for ya to try but it's reg..oh well

Well, my dad is going to be aboard the Amp Cell train too. He took a few pokes with mine and was convinced quite easily to switch from his RBZ.

"Buy me anything but the red one."

I have dreams of a Blue Pro with a white vinyl leaf over top of the cobra sign as an alignment aid.

Or red.

Canada or Toronto Maple Leafs baby!!

TTing

I have dreams of a Blue Pro with a white vinyl leaf over top of the cobra sign as an alignment aid.

Or red.

Canada or Toronto Maple Leafs baby!!

TTing
If those are the two options I'd definitely go with the Red and White.

Was fooling around with this over the weekend and ended up playing it at 11.5 with the 4s in it. My drives were really straight off the tee which was good. At one point I hit the longest drive for me of the year on a certain hole. The only time I've got this green in 2 with an iron was with a 5 iron, yesterday it was driver 8 iron. That felt nice. Will probably toy around with it some more now that my travel is winding down.

Has there been a comparison of the cell & zL?
Reason I ask, was lookin into a Morore F1 for the cell. .well for about $30 more I can get that shaft in a new ZL

Was fooling around with this over the weekend and ended up playing it at 11.5 with the 4s in it. My drives were really straight off the tee which was good. At one point I hit the longest drive for me of the year on a certain hole. The only time I've got this green in 2 with an iron was with a 5 iron, yesterday it was driver 8 iron. That felt nice. Will probably toy around with it some more now that my travel is winding down.
Nicely done captain. I'll have to try 11.5, haven't done that yet!

I've got the standard Fuel reg shaft in mine, at todays lesson my SS was averaging 98mph so I tried the Fuel in stiff.

Not sure if it was the change we did with my grip but I just couldn't get on with it... Only managing to get it out to 240ish, switched back to the reg shaft and back out to 270ish...

I was sure the stiff would unlock a few extra yards!

I've got the standard Fuel reg shaft in mine, at todays lesson my SS was averaging 98mph so I tried the Fuel in stiff.

Not sure if it was the change we did with my grip but I just couldn't get on with it... Only managing to get it out to 240ish, switched back to the reg shaft and back out to 270ish...

I was sure the stiff would unlock a few extra yards!

What setting were you hitting it at. It seems many here are finding positive results in the 11.5*, high and long with carry. I've taken a liking to the 10.5*d myself.

I had my reg shaft set at 8.5 and tried the stiff up to 10.5...

Think I'll give it another go at 11.5 at my next lesson.

I was surprised that the tips for these are 27$. Wowzers.

TTing

With that said, these are adapters that can be pulled from shafts and placed into others, while only ruining the ferrule (which can easily be replaced).

Trying out the Blue Cannon with a couple of different shafts. I played the Radix over the weekend and just put the white tie in yesterday.
So far, head to head I've got the White Tie coming out on top but want to hit the both a little more.

Rad3-M.jpg

Rad-S.jpg
Rad2-S.jpg

photo%201-S.jpg
photo%203-S.jpg

The Blue Cannon looks legit

Both those setups look fantastic

Back