Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Is it bad that I would like to get the pro model and throw my old Speeder 757 shaft in it?

I've been itching for a new driver, but I can't decide between the Cobra amp cell pro or the Taylormade R1.

I played a quick 9 after work yesterday and thought I was making really good contact on most drives, I only hit 22% of FW. I figured out on the last hole that my alignment was way off and that's why I was pushing almost everything right. I did have 2 duck hooks on the 4th hole, but that was because I was rushing to play through another group. I am currently playing at the 11.5* setting and teed the ball down a bit farther than I'm used to (usually just have the tee in the ground just enough to stand up) but saw a consistent med-high ball flight with a slight right to left action. Still love the sound when it connects!

Lookin' awesome Derek!!!

I've only gotten a chance to hit my amp cell a couple of times. I had it set to 10.5 but it seemed to launch too high for me so I switched to 9.5. I'll have to give 11.5 a go to see what that looks like, but I could only imagine it will shoot the ball up high.

3D Printing from Cobra:

Trying out the Blue Cannon with a couple of different shafts. I played the Radix over the weekend and just put the white tie in yesterday.
So far, head to head I've got the White Tie coming out on top but want to hit the both a little more.

Rad3-M.jpg

Rad-S.jpg
Rad2-S.jpg

photo%201-S.jpg
photo%203-S.jpg

stunning bro. Simply stunning

I've had my Amp Cell Driver for a couple months and love it! I was fit by a Cobra rep via Trackman and found that I got the best results with the 10.5 setting. Not sure what it is about Cobra drivers, but everyone I have ever had, I have been super confident with.

I've had my Amp Cell Driver for a couple months and love it! I was fit by a Cobra rep via Trackman and found that I got the best results with the 10.5 setting. Not sure what it is about Cobra drivers, but everyone I have ever had, I have been super confident with.

Sound, look at address and just absolute awesomeness.

Well I might be leaving the group.
Got a great deal on a ZL. Bought mostly for the shaft. Tho I may just put the F1 in the Cell

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Well I might be leaving the group.
Got a great deal on a ZL. Bought mostly for the shaft. Tho I may just put the F1 in the Cell

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Awesome man! Sometime you can't pass up a great deal. Good luck with it!

Reeeeeeally tempted to put my Ilima into one of the two extra adapetrs I have this weekend.

Reeeeeeally tempted to put my Ilima into one of the two extra adapetrs I have this weekend.
If you aren't going to use any of the extra adapters I'll buy it from you. I really want to try my Black Tie in the Red Amp Cell at 11.5!

If you aren't going to use any of the extra adapters I'll buy it from you. I really want to try my Black Tie in the Red Amp Cell at 11.5!

Heeeeeeeck no. :alien: I got the extras to have on hand for possible future shaft reviews. Nabbed them from Dallas Golf on eBay, only legit ones I know of on the bay.

Heeeeeeeck no. :alien: I got the extras to have on hand for possible future shaft reviews. Nabbed them from Dallas Golf on eBay, only legit ones I know of on the bay.
That's good to know man, I'll look them up!

After Jman told me about them that's where I grabbed my adapter as well.

Today will be my first round with the new shaft in. Seems like I had that thing put in forever ago. I imagine the course will be really wet so its gonna be all about carry today. Also, I'm playing a really tight course today so I'm going need probably need to use my 3 wood off the tee more than my driver but I know my over anxious ass won't allow for that, lol.

Good Luck! Narrow doesn't scare me anymore since I got my Amp Cell.

So far the only thing that scares me with the Amp Cell is setting up for a fade or a draw because this club just wants to go straight. I've had to learn to never start the ball towards trouble and work it away because the ball will most likely cut/draw a little bit but nothing significant.

Off-center hits are remarkably forgiving as far as distance goes. If I rattle one of the center-heel the ball will travel just as far but will fade off a little bit. Alternatively if I hit one mid-high-toe the ball will still travel normal distance with a little draw spin on it. Compared to my Titleist driver it just seems like the Amp Cell has a much larger sweet spot. Kind of like the original Razr Fit but with forgiveness on both sides of center not just the heel.

I was hoping to have enough money to get the Kusala White for mine in 2 weeks, but I have to take some vacation next week which means no overtime. By proxy, that means no new golf stuff. Getting the driver reshafted is the 1st priority for me, but it's looking like it will be about a month before I can do so. Oh well, there's no end of the season here, so it'll be OK.

Back