Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Good advice. The thing is that this head is so great that once you find a shaft that fits YOU, it becomes point and shoot.

That's how my experience has been since I've put the BiMatrix in mine, alot of holes where I would've held back and went with the 3 wood arte now driver all the way, and this is coming from a guy who's slice could cover 3 state lines,lol

I too. like some others, actually like the stick shaft. As I've aged and survived some injuries, I've lost a little swing speed. So a slightly softer Stiff shaft didn't hurt my feelings. I am now playing regular shafts in the 3 wood and hybrid, also Amp Cells, and am very happy with how things are working. Demo outside if you can - it's important.

I just broke down & bought one last week, trading in my R1 I had for a whole 2 weeks! I think while we are speaking about the stiff & regular shafts, the main issue with the shaft is the length & the torque rating. If you have a quick, short,choppy swing like I do, the stock shaft may not be the best. I think the torque rating on these shafts may be in the 4 - 4.5 range. I am probably going to re-shaft mine here soon. I love the head - and I guess I am one of the few who love the red!

I know I saw a chart that shows what the actual loft is when you switch adapters into the different heads, but I just looked through 100 pages and my eyes are crossed looking for it.

Does anyone have it easily available? I have the chance to pick up a Kuro Kage out of the pro for pretty cheap, but wanted to try it first in my standard head but have no idea what setting to put it on.

I know I saw a chart that shows what the actual loft is when you switch adapters into the different heads, but I just looked through 100 pages and my eyes are crossed looking for it.

Does anyone have it easily available? I have the chance to pick up a Kuro Kage out of the pro for pretty cheap, but wanted to try it first in my standard head but have no idea what setting to put it on.

Nevermind......... I found it. Post 2607, just in case I forget.

It looks like the 10.5 setting with the Kuro Kage Pro adapter on it would be 11.5 when installed in a standard head. If I'm reading that right.

Just got my red Amp Cell from rock bottom golf...I love that driver and the stock shaft fit me very well...best $129 I've spent on golf stuff for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Anyone have an XStiff shaft or another aftermarket shaft that they wanna swap out for an Aldila NV 75 stiff flex with the MyFly adapter on it and a Winn DriTac? Shaft has been swung 5 times. Just a bit too heavy for me.

Would do an even swap with someone that has a shaft with a Amp Cell adapter connected already.

Still hitting bombs with my Amp, hit one 320 a few weeks ago, which is no **** the longest drive of my life.
it was a downhill par 4, but it was nice to be sitting 20 yards off the green from my drive :)

Really really grooving the Amp Cell right now.

Nothing but bombs all day in some very hard conditions (30-35mph wind), help me to my first singles title of the season today! :banana:

Congrats!

I was absolutely killing the green monster yesterday! Such a sweet feeling watching it take off into the blue. I have it set to 11.5 and teed it down a bit more than normal, and with a nice smooth deliberate swing I out-drive both of the guys I was playing with by 5-10yds per hole. One of the kids was trying out for the local college team and was really impressed with it and my drives. I'm in a scramble this Thursday and can't wait to carry out team off the tee.

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

I'm also seeing better results when teeing it up lower than usual. I usually tee it up with 1/2 of the top of ball above the crown. With the Amp Cell, I need to tee it up so that only 1/4 of the ball is above the crown. I have it set on 9.5 so the trajectory is a bit low for my liking. Looking forward to try 11.5 as many here have had success at that setting.

How audible is the click you hear when you are changing the loft setting on the amp cell driver?

How audible is the click you hear when you are changing the loft setting on the amp cell driver?

Loud. It's going to sound like you're snapping the bolt. Not the loudest torque screws I've dealt with, but up there.

Well boys I'm leaving the camp...well moving to the outskirts anyway.
I'm now hooked on the Cobra ZL Encore driver with a Motore F1 shaft.

Well boys I'm leaving the camp...well moving to the outskirts anyway.
I'm now hooked on the Cobra ZL Encore driver with a Motore F1 shaft.

Sooo last year... Just kidding, bro. Hit what gets you the closest and straightest!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

I think I've finally got the MyFly 10.5 grooved in, I can really go after a ball off the tee and know that I'm going to throw the ball out to the right side of the fairway and draw it back in.

Into the wind I tee the ball a bit lower and get a nice boring ball flight, with the wind I know the ball is going to get up into the air and cruise.

The one thing I don't know for sure is the shaft, right now I like the results I'm seeing, but the feel is just off, it doesn't feel as stable and a bit too whippy for what I'm looking for. But I don't know what route to investigate, maybe something with a bit less torque.

With the changes in my swing, I was absolutely killing this thing today. Now that I have a few things worked out, I am hitting high draws constantly, which I like. Once I get used to hitting a draw instead of a fade, I am going to be deadly off the tee.

Bullitt I'm trying to do the samething by doing more draw than fade. Atleast im fading more than slicing now. But right now I'am thinking about buying one of these and replacing it with my Cobra S2.
With the changes in my swing, I was absolutely killing this thing today. Now that I have a few things worked out, I am hitting high draws constantly, which I like. Once I get used to hitting a draw instead of a fade, I am going to be deadly off the tee.

Well what did you think of the driver when you used it this weekend?
Ok so I went to the PGA store today and walked out with a demo Amp Cell. Regular shaft and set to 9.5 Going to use it this weekend and go from there. Some pictures for good measure...

2013-08-29172743_zps44abf3c0.jpg

2013-08-29172632_zps3f8fc6b5.jpg

2013-08-29172903_zpsed8d26a0.jpg

2013-08-29172748_zps9477941f.jpg

Ended up buying one tonight for,$129. Got an orange stiff flex, can't wait to get it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

my silver arrives tomorrow!! i cannot wait

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Got my red today. Waiting for PUP. This one is not going to end up looking like my old driver.

Back