Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

According to the machinist's calipers (within .01" because of the curved surface):

.84" long, .09" high

Ok..but when's the last time ya had em calibrated :p

tappin from my big as note2

Ok..but when's the last time ya had em calibrated :p

Just bought them to replace my old ones that were worn out, so hopefully they're dead on.....lol

Well if he needs it closer. I could bring mine to work & use the laser tracker. Lol

I think I'm going to put a MyFly tip on my Kusala Blue and give it a whirl in the Amp Cell. I'm happy with my Blueboard but you just never know right?

Welcome to THP, hit the check-in desk when you get a chance. It is very difficult to give an accurate recomendation with having some numbers. Do you have a bib box retailer close where you could try out the club?

Im in the NYC area, so plenty of stores around me. There is a Dicks, GolfSmith, and Golf Galaxy all within 10 minutes. Which do you recommend? Also, how does it work? Do they have demos of every club that they carry? Am I allowed to swing it a few times in front of their simulator?

Sorry for all of the questions.

Im in the NYC area, so plenty of stores around me. There is a Dicks, GolfSmith, and Golf Galaxy all within 10 minutes. Which do you recommend? Also, how does it work? Do they have demos of every club that they carry? Am I allowed to swing it a few times in front of their simulator?

Golfsmith imo..have simulators and launch monitors and a ton of demo clubs for you to try out for free

Depending on where you are, go to the PGA Superstore on route 17 in Paramus. Not far from any of the 3 you named.

Depending on where you are, go to the PGA Superstore on route 17 in Paramus. Not far from any of the 3 you named.

I also highly recommend this PGA SuperStore. I have the $99 member special which gives you unlimited 30 min sim time and free club repair (you pay for grips, tips, etc., but not labor.),

There is also free fitting! Ask for Greg. He did a wonderful job fitting me for my Amps.

I think I'm going to put a MyFly tip on my Kusala Blue and give it a whirl in the Amp Cell. I'm happy with my Blueboard but you just never know right?

I had the exact same thought...happy with my KK, but kinda wanted to try...but rather you be guinea pig! :) Feedback plz!

I also highly recommend this PGA SuperStore. I have the $99 member special which gives you unlimited 30 min sim time and free club repair (you pay for grips, tips, etc., but not labor.),

There is also free fitting! Ask for Greg. He did a wonderful job fitting me for my Amps.

Great, i will stop there today. I have seen it, but didn't know much of what to expect in there. Do they allow me to demo clubs without a membership? I heard that they used to let you demo the clubs out on the course. Do they still allow that?

Cant wait to jump on to the Amp Cell bandwagon.

Great, i will stop there today. I have seen it, but didn't know much of what to expect in there. Do they allow me to demo clubs without a membership? I heard that they used to let you demo the clubs out on the course. Do they still allow that?

Cant wait to jump on to the Amp Cell bandwagon.

Last time I was over there I went all the way to the left. The guy that was working in the Cobra area helped fit me for irons, didn't cost me a dime. I don't know about the demoing clubs on the course part.

Is the stock shaft on the driver really that bad? Thinking of pulling the trigger since it's only $129. How much is it going to cost me to put a decent shaft in it?

Is the stock shaft on the driver really that bad? Thinking of pulling the trigger since it's only $129. How much is it going to cost me to put a decent shaft in it?

It is all a matter of fitting. I would give it a try before you discount it.

I didn't think it was bad, just didn't work well for me. But I've seen plenty of people hit the stock set up and bomb it. For 129, I think these drivers are a steal. As for throwing in another shaft, it's all up to what fits you. You can throw in a $40 shaft or a $300 shaft.

not at all, it's just that the club head is so good some of us looking to maximize its awesomeness!

I rather like the stock shaft. It's a little softer than a comparable flex, so the stiff flex will feel like a more conventional regular flex, or somewhere in between. Depending on your swing, this can be a good thing or bad thing. I like it because it seems to never require a lot of effort or conscious hand action to get the flex and kick from the shaft at impact. So an easy swing still generates good clubhead speed.

As Paladin said it's not that the stock shaft is bad, but it does tend to be on the softer side for it's flex category. I typically hit a stiff flex and to me it isn't as stiff as other driver shafts, but rather like a tweener or "firm flex". I have found positive results with the stock set up so I have not changed it, but there may also be a better combo out there for my swing.

If you absolutely must have a truely stiff flex maybe you can start with the x stock shaft, but unless you hit them both you won't really know. If you are a regular flex guy I don't think it would hurt you to start with the stiff. Either way I think you can find the right match and love this driver. Good luck!

<-------p.s. - get the red one! lol

This site rocks. The last few posts describe me to a T. I am usually between shafts (R/S), and I was a little worried ordering despite the price until I read WHY people didn't like the stock stiff. It will probably be great for me, and, if it isn't, well, time to start buying shafts......

:)

I didn't think it was bad, just didn't work well for me. But I've seen plenty of people hit the stock set up and bomb it. For 129, I think these drivers are a steal. As for throwing in another shaft, it's all up to what fits you. You can throw in a $40 shaft or a $300 shaft.

Totally agree dude. Really an unreal price.

Last time I was over there I went all the way to the left. The guy that was working in the Cobra area helped fit me for irons, didn't cost me a dime. I don't know about the demoing clubs on the course part.

Ok so I went to the PGA store today and walked out with a demo Amp Cell. Regular shaft and set to 9.5 Going to use it this weekend and go from there. Some pictures for good measure...

2013-08-29172743_zps44abf3c0.jpg

2013-08-29172632_zps3f8fc6b5.jpg

2013-08-29172903_zpsed8d26a0.jpg

2013-08-29172748_zps9477941f.jpg

This site rocks. The last few posts describe me to a T. I am usually between shafts (R/S), and I was a little worried ordering despite the price until I read WHY people didn't like the stock stiff. It will probably be great for me, and, if it isn't, well, time to start buying shafts......

:)

I'm the same way, in between flexes typically. But this thread wasn't very active when I bought mine and I decided to go with the Regular and have regretted it since then. I'm sure a Stiff would be much better for me in the stock shaft.

Ok so I went to the PGA store today and walked out with a demo Amp Cell. Regular shaft and set to 9.5 Going to use it this weekend and go from there. Some pictures for good measure...

Nice pick up my man!

I too. like some others, actually like the stick shaft. As I've aged and survived some injuries, I've lost a little swing speed. So a slightly softer Stiff shaft didn't hurt my feelings. I am now playing regular shafts in the 3 wood and hybrid, also Amp Cells, and am very happy with how things are working. Demo outside if you can - it's important.

I too. like some others, actually like the stick shaft. As I've aged and survived some injuries, I've lost a little swing speed. So a slightly softer Stiff shaft didn't hurt my feelings. I am now playing regular shafts in the 3 wood and hybrid, also Amp Cells, and am very happy with how things are working. Demo outside if you can - it's important.

Good advice. The thing is that this head is so great that once you find a shaft that fits YOU, it becomes point and shoot.

Nice pickup man. Can't wait to hear your on course results

Back