Cobra Brings Back Trusty Rusty Wedges

1st post updated with the official press release. Here is some more information from Cobra for the holidays:

Golf season gears up after the Holidays as the temperatures get warmer and you can start seeing the fairways again! Need to find the perfect gift for the golfer in your life? The Trusty Rusty wedge is the perfect Holiday gift at just $119 and available on December 9th.

Get ready for chipping, cheers and fist pumps - COBRA is bringing back the Trusty Rusty wedges. The fan favorite is back in three style-defying cosmetics that rust over time for versatility, enhanced feel and shot making.

The Trusty Rusty wedges come in three finishes: an all over pre-rusted finish, satin finish with pre-rusted hitting area and black PVD. Each features a non-plated finish that is 7% softer than chrome and will rust more over time, promoting maximum allowable spin and enhanced feel. The True Temper Dynamic Gold S200 shaft has been painted black with non-glare coating and precision laser engraving for a striking look.

COBRA is also releasing an all new wedge designed for maximum forgiveness. The Big Trusty Rusty[SUP]TM[/SUP] is made from low density, light weight steel enabling a larger profile for enhanced forgiveness. The super wide, tri bounce rounded sole combine versatility with ultimate forgiveness and the specialty non-plated finishes allow the wedges to rust over time for enhanced feel and maximum allowable spin

#InRustWeTrust

i-JqXPmRS-L.jpg

That black PVD finish looks sharp!! More outstanding photos.

I say it a lot, but those are really impressive looking wedges. Never had the chance to try this model, and the In Rust We Trust is a great line.

That black PVD finish looks sharp!! More outstanding photos.

I like that black finish a lot, looks very clean. Wonder how quick it can rust?

I love that black finish. Those are sharp looking wedges!

#inrustwetrust rules lol

and much less curvature on the leading edge than the Cleveland offerings!

and much less curvature on the leading edge than the Cleveland offerings!

Looking at this one and the 588 (leading edge) now and they appear similar in terms of that.

I played a Trusty Rusty 59* LW for quite a while, loved that club. I didn't quite mesh with the SW and GW, though.

Looking at this one and the 588 (leading edge) now and they appear similar in terms of that.

Darn...the pics seemed to show a straiter edge on the Cobra :angry:

Ah, the ole college nickname comes back to haunt me.

In all seriousness, I'm really digging the Spy vs. Spy aesthetic we're seeing out of the golf industry.

I currently have some rusty wedges in play and I love the feel of them. I will definitely havea hit of the Trusty Rusty wedges when they get to Australia. I used to play one back in the day. Very exciting news!

Just saw this shared on Facebook, the BIG Trusty Rusty.

Just saw this shared on Facebook, the BIG Trusty Rusty.

Interesting. Love to see the BIG and the regular next to each other.

With all of these wedges out on the market I keep coming back to this one wondering about the tri-bounce. I really can't remember hitting a Cobra wedge, but I really want to try this one out.

With all of these wedges out on the market I keep coming back to this one wondering about the tri-bounce. I really can't remember hitting a Cobra wedge, but I really want to try this one out.

I'm actually about the complete opposite when it comes to this one. I've almost begun to see it as a novelty of sorts. Not to say I don't want to try it out, but for some reason I don't know if I take it seriously right now.

I'm actually about the complete opposite when it comes to this one. I've almost begun to see it as a novelty of sorts. Not to say I don't want to try it out, but for some reason I don't know if I take it seriously right now.

I'm with you on this one. Not coolbreezing or hawk pondering these right now.

Tapatalked from my iPhone 4

Too bad that the big Trusty Rusty isn't available for lefties....damn these biased companies! But the regular trusty will be available...would love to see and try these in person...they look awesome.

EDIT: I'll Hawkponder for you, Hawk!

I think it would be different if I saw Cobra as a wedge company. Either way, I haven't hit it and it could be a really good wedge. It's just not something I really think of when I'm looking at the wedges out there at the moment.

But there are so many "non wedge" companies comin gout with solid offerings. Were Nike, Bridgestone and Mizuno "wedge companies" 10 years ago?

No, but they were the last few years, if that makes sense. I'm not really that knowledgeable on older equipment, so I just don't know much about Cobra's history. Like I said, I'd hit it and enjoy it I'm sure. It's just not something that I've pondered since it's been introduced.

Here is a video of Chunkylover77 hitting the Trusty Rusty.

agree with CL and JB. This was definitely more head heavy than some of the other wedges we tested. I did like the looks if it, including the blacked out shaft. I thought it added a nice touch. I'm not sure what the effect of the tri bounce was.

I really like the looks of it.

Back