Cobra DARKSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

My wallet was saved a bit today… walked into the local shop for some chrometour balls and I peaked at the fairway woods…. Thankfully (at least for now because it’s going to happen), they didn’t have the 3HF and the the 5w they did have only had regular shaft haha.

I will more than likely be calling to book a fitting for a new fairway soon though. They’re soooo pretttty

I wish these didn’t have the plastic on them but I really like the size and shaping of these.

These are both 3w LS on the left and X on the right,
IMG_5557.jpeg

IMG_5560.jpeg

What are folks thoughts about gapping if I look towards a 7 wood to possibly replace a King Tec 3 hybrid?

I haven’t been able to find a 7 wood to demo and only limited time with a 5 wood so far, which hopefully I can remedy this weekend.

What are folks thoughts about gapping if I look towards a 7 wood to possibly replace a King Tec 3 hybrid?

I haven’t been able to find a 7 wood to demo and only limited time with a 5 wood so far, which hopefully I can remedy this weekend.
I actually saw a 7w yesterday I’m not sure how I felt about it, may have to revisit

I actually saw a 7w yesterday I’m not sure how I felt about it, may have to revisit
Pics would be lovely if you get a chance. And I may be in your neck of the woods next week so maybe I can go see myself

Seen the woods today and was curious if others found them smaller in size than others or is it just the complete darkness that makes them seem that way?

For me personally, I got more distance out of 3h vs 7w in the time when I was experimenting with the 7w. Probably about 15y less on 7. The 7w had a higher ball flight and could balloon on me. I did hit some really nice approach shots that landed softly on greens though.

I made that swap last year and found the AJ 7w and Tec 3h to play in a similar gap with the 7W having a little more launch and spin, especially out of the rough

Missed the photo op but did get to take a few swipes with the 7 wood (I’ll grab some snaps next time in the shop). Sounded and presented really good. Face seemed a little on the shallower/smaller side compared to a few others. Need to revisit and see if it can grab a spot in the bag

Missed the photo op but did get to take a few swipes with the 7 wood (I’ll grab some snaps next time in the shop). Sounded and presented really good. Face seemed a little on the shallower/smaller side compared to a few others. Need to revisit and see if it can grab a spot in the bag
I actually love that they are on the smaller side. I thought that as well when I saw the 3w's

I actually love that they are on the smaller side. I thought that as well when I saw the 3w's
I don't mind smaller but the high toe real estate, the neighborhood I tend to live in, seemed fairly small. It almost seems like that's one of the areas that got shaved back in terms of the aerodynamic package.

I don't mind smaller but the high toe real estate, the neighborhood I tend to live in, seemed fairly small. It almost seems like that's one of the areas that got shaved back in terms of the aerodynamic package.
Did you look at the Max version? I only compared the LS and X models so not sure if Max is any bigger or not.

I didn’t notice the size difference when I went for my fitting, but I hit the Darkspeed X really well and cannot wait to get it in hand.

Maybe the only 3w out there I would remotely consider replacing my 💎💎💎T with.
Are you big on deeper 3w like you are drivers? If so these aren't these probably aren't fwys for you haha

Did you look at the Max version? I only compared the LS and X models so not sure if Max is any bigger or not.
I'll double check when I get pics but I think it was a Max 7 wood.

Are you big on deeper 3w like you are drivers? If so these aren't these probably aren't fwys for you haha
I am, but having seen the LS in hand, it isn’t what I’d call shallow.

They have arrived! Won’t be able to try them till Thursday but i am excited to have them in the bag.
IMG_4840.jpegIMG_4842.jpegIMG_4841.jpegIMG_4843.jpegIMG_4846.jpegIMG_4844.jpeg

Fairways and hybrids are the only part of the Darkspeed line that I've yet to hit. Definitely looking forward to the (full bag) fitting tomorrow!

First range session is done with the new 5-7 woods. Just like the Darkspeed driver these are excellent. I have these paired up with the LINQ TSPX blue and they feel so good. I'm not sure i have ever had such straight woods from the deck or tee. The gapping is what i expected at 210 carry for the 7 out to 225 and the 5 wood is 220 out to 240. All of my 7 wood swings were center face today. They set up perfect behind the ball and sound great. I do have a gap between my 5 iron and 7 wood so i need to figure something out with that. For my first time out with them i love what i saw. Sat will be the first round and both will be used numerous times.
7wd1.jpg7wd2.jpg7wd4.jpg

Spent more time today just hitting my 7 wood and 5 wood from the deck . These might be the easiest fw woods i have hit. Very easy to get the ball in the air and the distances are super consistent.

First round with the new DS 5-7 is complete. I used the 5w 5 times off the tee and the 7w twice And every time I was in the FW and in perfect position. They are so easy to hit great distance and love the high ball flight.

First round with the new DS 5-7 is complete. I used the 5w 5 times off the tee and the 7w twice And every time I was in the FW and in perfect position. They are so easy to hit great distance and love the high ball flight.
What lofts are you playing them at?

Still haven’t been able to find one of these in the wild, which is a little disappointing. I’m curious about the X, and wouldn’t mind hitting the LS for giggles even though it might not be in the wheelhouse.

Back