Cobra DARKSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

The DS 5-7 woods got some use this weekend. I have never had fw woods that when i grab them i have total confidence in the club. I have zero fear of the result with these clubs.

Is it just me or is the head on the 3 wood DS X smaller then the older LTD black from 2018?

I think the head is very small and i cant pegg it up to high, then i gonna sky it.

Looking for feedback on the ls model heads. Are they neutral or fade bias. Is it mostly a tee club or how is it off the deck. What kind of spin numbers are we seeing with this and how does it compare to the ai smoke TD fairway wood?

Im borderline obsessed with this hybrid.
The 4 is so freaking good. Sets up pretty neutral for me. Flies straight. Deep as can be and just feels perfect.

The 4 is so freaking good. Sets up pretty neutral for me. Flies straight. Deep as can be and just feels perfect.
Love to hear this, I really enjoyed the hybrid during my fitting and cannot wait to get these in hand to get them dialed in. From the Briggs Ranch hole breakdowns from I'm gonna need them.

I only hit the 3h at my demo event. Need to spend more time with this to see how much of a friend I can be with them.

I’m getting fit for the Cobra Darkspeed at Shaft Up in a month. Does anyone here have the driver and 3 wood/ hybrid? Did you find that you ended up with the same style 3 wood head as your driver? For example, if you were fit for DS ls did your 3 wood end up being a Ls as well? Just curious what some of your results were!

I’m getting fit for the Cobra Darkspeed at Shaft Up in a month. Does anyone here have the driver and 3 wood/ hybrid? Did you find that you ended up with the same style 3 wood head as your driver? For example, if you were fit for DS ls did your 3 wood end up being a Ls as well? Just curious what some of your results were!
I think it depends how it’s used. Mostly a tee box fw, it’s probably going to be similar. If it’s used all over the place, go with personal preference

I think it depends how it’s used. Mostly a tee box fw, it’s probably going to be similar. If it’s used all over the place, go with personal preference
I am interesting in trying them out to see how they feel. I’ve seen many good things about their FW and hybrid lineup

The hybrid 3 has been incredible. I'm so confident in it right now. I love that club. Feels really, really neutral overall. Don't feel any bias at all to anything other. Solid connection and I love the sound it makes when it connects.

Just picked up the 3W X and will be doing some TopTracer work with it tomorrow to get it all dialed in.

I really need to give these hybrids a try this year. Has anyone who has hit one compared to a King Tec hybrid? While not typically a hybrid guy I did find the King Tec to actually be pretty good for me last year. I never touched the weights so maybe not something I need to begin with.

As I have said many times, my AJ 3 wood may be my favorite club in the bag (most of the time anyway), I can't wait to try the DS up against it. I think the AJ has been the easiest fwy to hit off the ground and just as good off the tee. Interested to see and hear thoughts on comparisons.

The 5w & 7w were great today. Off of the tee they are such a solid option and long. I did make 1 bad swing with the 7 wood that cost me an OB I just didn’t elevate it. Total setup mistake on my part. These heads paired with the UST LIN-Q TSPX are just killer.

I have a 3+ LS en route. Considering replacing my mini driver and the driver has been too good not to try.

Have a couple 9s in the books with the 3+ LS. I'm playing it with the 2 heavy weights in the toe and heel, and in this setup it's a flatter flight but is not complete nuking spin. It's easier to hit off the deck than my mini driver, and is a little bit lower spinning so I can get a little more out of it when I need to hit it off the deck.

Off the tee I've hit some good ones and some bad ones. There's enough forgiveness off center for a mostly-tee club, but need to play with tee height and ball position a bit to get comfy as a fairway finder. It's much flatter off the tee which will help in the wind, but the tradeoff is I can't put a driver swing on it which is more comfy for me when I need to keep it in play.

The switch to titanium is noticable as there is a lot less off a crunchy sound than the last couple lines. The feel is pretty addicting when you hit it on the screws.

Excellent round with the DSX 5-7 today. I pulled one a bit left that ended up on the cart path and one went right onto a sidehill lie but they didn't go OB. The rest were in the fw and distance was excellent. I used both off of the deck today also with great success. I really do like how easy they are to hit. I hit a couple of toe side draws today that i thought were going to be short but ended up in the usual landing areas.

I've been working hard on my setup and swing and with that the LS 3+ is becoming a more viable mini driver replacement. Played a sim round after work and didn't hit a bad shot contact wise off the deck or tee. Best number I remember off the tee was 147 ball, 15 launch, 2500 spin. On the last hole I felt comfortable enough trying to hit a little stinger and it came out at 13 launch, 1800 spin and rolled out to about 250. That's not the kind of shot I need often but isn't one I have in the bag with the mini driver.

I’m looking forward to hitting these during my fitting Friday.

I have not hit the hybrids yet but I did snag a side by side of a 3H Darkspeed next to a 3H king tec. King Tec is on the right. The Darkspeed to me does look a little smaller and its shaped a bit differently, also not sure if its the pic or not but more closed at address

View attachment 9245387
I saw the Darkspeed hybrids the other day and they look fantastic but I never had the time to hit them, the ones that I saw definitely did not sit closed and the 19 degree that I had a few waggles with actually looked slightly open, size wise they looked similar to the King Tec but are maybe a little more compact but I can recall that the Darkspeed may have had a slightly deeper face than the King Tec instead of vide versa, more comparison pics are required to confirm.

I kind of want to give the fairway woods a chance. The 7 wood would be kind of fun me thinks. Too bad they are sold out on the cobra site.

A couple of comparison pics of King Tec 4h and Darkspeed 4h. Quite similiar in size and dimensions, King Tec has a longer face while DS is more rounded on both ends. King Tec obviously the more adaptable one. But the DS looks really good!

DS on the left.
IMG_20240322_130617.jpg

DS on the bottom.
IMG_20240322_130705.jpg

I kind of want to give the fairway woods a chance. The 7 wood would be kind of fun me thinks. Too bad they are sold out on the cobra site.
The 7 wood has become my favorite club in the bag. Grab one when you can it is worth having.

So has anyone has hit the 17 degree Darkspeed hybrid yet, I would really appreciate their feedback on how the club performs as I am considering going back to playing a 17 degree hybrid after struggling to find a HL 3 wood / 4 wood which I really suits my game, I need a low spin bomber fairway finder which I can also hit into the occasional long par 5.

A couple of comparison pics of King Tec 4h and Darkspeed 4h. Quite similiar in size and dimensions, King Tec has a longer face while DS is more rounded on both ends. King Tec obviously the more adaptable one. But the DS looks really good!

DS on the left.
View attachment 9250646

DS on the bottom.
View attachment 9250647
Thanks for these pics, both hybrids look really good to me.

Thanks for these pics, both hybrids look really good to me.
I think so too! The Darkspeed hybrid, paired with the right shaft will look great. I'm leaning a bit towards the King Tecs, but DS is a really solid choice too.

Back