Cobra DARKSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Got a chance to hit the 3w, 3HF and the LS 5w finally today. I don't know if I can trust the numbers i was getting from Trackman range but some serious ball speed in these heads if so. The X 3w might go too far, the 3 HF was about 5 yds behind and the LS 5w was about on par with what I'm used to seeing. I thought all the head sizes were pretty good at address. Not too big but not really small. I actually thought the LS 5w was a little bigger than I would like.

With the titanium in the LS 5w I was hoping for more of a metallic sound but I didn't get that at all unfortunately.

Put a LinQ Purple in my 3+ LS which was an old favorite shaft in a previous mini driver build. Felt much more confident off the tee and turf than with the Proforce CB I originally put in it.

Unfortunately the gasket that holds the adapter screw on keeps coming off and has found it’s way inside the head, and I need to figure out how to get it out lol.

Darkspeed hybrids are absolutely missile launchers

My DS X 5 wood got a workout today in the wind. I never even grabbed the 7 wood out of the bag today. Each time I used my wood it was so good. I cannot flight a wood down so I was hitting them high into the wind and still getting tons of distance. I used the 5 on hole 16 off the tee and ripped a 251 yard drive that set me up for a nice wedge into the green. The ball just jumps off the face of the dark speed woods.

Walked by the rack yesterday and looked around and these stood out. The hybrids look SO GOOD in this lineup.

Does anyone know the cc size of the Darkspeed fw heads? I can’t find it.

Ordered a Darkspeed 7 wood with a LINQ Blue 7F4 shaft today!

Got a chance to hit the 3w, 3HF and the LS 5w finally today. I don't know if I can trust the numbers i was getting from Trackman range but some serious ball speed in these heads if so. The X 3w might go too far, the 3 HF was about 5 yds behind and the LS 5w was about on par with what I'm used to seeing. I thought all the head sizes were pretty good at address. Not too big but not really small. I actually thought the LS 5w was a little bigger than I would like.

With the titanium in the LS 5w I was hoping for more of a metallic sound but I didn't get that at all unfortunately.

So you didn’t necessarily see a jump in ballspeed you might have expected with the titanium? Do you think the carbon washed out the sound on the LS 5w?

So you didn’t necessarily see a jump in ballspeed you might have expected with the titanium? Do you think the carbon washed out the sound on the LS 5w?
That would be correct. I'd have to compare standard 5w to LS 5w to be sure. As far as sound I don't know I may have to go hit again. Not saying its bad at all just wasn't what I was expecting.

Couple of things I noticed this weekend with the 3+ LS. First, it seems to get away with toe strikes pretty well. The drop kick is kind of my oh **** move so I need to be able to live out there a bit. Second thing, and maybe it's because I am coming from a mini driver, but I feel like I'm not giving much up in regards to turf interaction compared to past non-LS FWs I've played

Couple of things I noticed this weekend with the 3+ LS. First, it seems to get away with toe strikes pretty well. The drop kick is kind of my oh **** move so I need to be able to live out there a bit. Second thing, and maybe it's because I am coming from a mini driver, but I feel like I'm not giving much up in regards to turf interaction compared to past non-LS FWs I've played
Think it has a chance to supplant the mini driver?

Darkspeed hybrids are absolutely missile launchers
Any concern holding a green with the lower lofted ones?

Each time I have hit the Darkspeed Fairway woods and hybrids I get more excited about them. Super easy to hit off the turf, getting good height and speed from them. Think they could be weapons for me this year.

Think it has a chance to supplant the mini driver?
Ya if it hasn't already. Feel like I can tee it it up a bit and hit it a little like a driver which is my safety shot with the mini driver

Saw the 7w in hand yesterday. I'll have to hit it, I'm not sure I can look at that much loft not. Its amazing to me how much more you can see loft on fwy compared to a hybrid.

The 5w-7w combo has become my favorite by far. What I am loving that even on some mishits the ball still goes a great distance and stays in play.

My regular group are all major Callaway fan boys. One just went for a fitting. Got all the new Callaway irons and the fitter told him to just hit a club without asking about it or knowing what it was. He bought it. DS 7 wood - 190-200yd club - he loves it - all of us have hit it and it's $$ - high launch soft land - (You know what happens next)

The 3+ LS with LinQ Purple combo is the most comfortable I've ever been with a 3 wood. I'm finding it to be forgiving off the tee, and able to be hit from a much wider range of lies than the mini driver it replaced. I feel like I've had a much higher rate of eagle putts and short chips compared to the same positions with mini driver.

Are the weights from the Darkspeed driver interchangeable with the fairways and hybrids?

Never pulled the 7 wood today just used the 5 with the wind we had on the par 5 2nd shots. Each time I flushed them and left myself in a great position to get on the green.

Put the Darkspeed Max 7 wood in my bag today. It is turned down to 20° and plays a 1/2" shorter than stock.

image1.jpegimage2.jpegimage14.jpeg

Last edited:
These hybrids may honestly be the best looking out there right now. Still shocked at how good they looked when I got to see them at PGA SS in San Antonio this week

Back