Contest - The Players Championship - TaylorMade [Spoilers]

JB do you know what hybrid Gmac has under the Mashie head cover?

Johnny Miller all day is going to suck.

David Toms did not have a Mashie under his headcover.

Steve Stricker bores me to death.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Steve Stricker bores me to death.

He plays your kind of game. Put it where your comfortable, then hit it close. I'd think you like him. I know the color of a guy's pants is more important to some of you guys. I could give a rat's ass about fashion myself.

Kevin

Choi is like a silent ninja assassin. Never shows any emotion.

He plays your kind of game. Put it where your comfortable, then hit it close. I'd think you like him. I know the color of a guy's pants is more important to some of you guys. I could give a rat's ass about fashion myself.

Kevin

I don't mind his golf but he's just like a blank piece if paper. Hey, not everyone from Wisconsin can be cool. The constant khaki use is almost the perfect metaphor for him.

It must suck to miss right into the middle of the green. How cheesy.

I don't mind his golf but he's just like a blank piece if paper. Hey, not everyone from Wisconsin can be cool. The constant khaki use is almost the perfect metaphor for him.

I'll leave the concern about a guy's pants to you southern dandies. I wear khaki. Personally, I could watch him hit irons shots all day when he's on. At my age I wish I could make it look that easy.

Kevin

I'll leave the concern about a guy's pants to you southern dandies. I wear khaki. Personally, I could watch him hit irons shots all day when he's on. At my age I wish I could make it look that easy.

Kevin

Haha, I wear khaki too, just occassionally. You're right though, when he's on, he just doesn't mess up. 32 straight holes without a bogey.

JB do you know what hybrid Gmac has under the Mashie head cover?

All we have is Adams Idea Pro

Kevin

Kevin

To be fair, you are not exactly unbiased in this case. You have openly said how much you enjoy him and him being from your home state. I think his apparel matches his personality personally. Hes a nice guy, but boring.

I like the guy personally, but he golfs like he dresses.

Agree or Disagree on Poulters sprint the last 2 holes? I understand he talked to Phil on 16 about doing this, but was DJ or Phils playing partner on board?

Apparently DJ knew what was going on and was fine with it (this is according to Butch Harmon)

To be fair, you are not exactly unbiased in this case. You have openly said how much you enjoy him and him being from your home state. I think his apparel matches his personality personally. Hes a nice guy, but boring.

I like the guy personally, but he golfs like he dresses.

I've never claimed to be unbiased. In fact I've pretty much made it plain over time that I am biased. I like being a fan of guys from my state. I also like Jerry Kelly. and he's a fiery guy.

Why is Stricker's game boring? Hitting fairways, hitting it close, and putting better than most anyone else when he's on is boring? He's certainly not the most fiery guy, but that's his personality, not his golf game. You have to separate the two. If he pumped his fist, screamed, high fived his caddy, spit, and swore while hitting it close and making putts, all while wearing pink or purple pants, then he'd be exciting.

I guess golfers that don't hit it as straight and don't hit it as close are more exciting. He could smile more. Choi is a ninja assassin and Stricker is boring. LOL.

Kevin

Could this end up being one of the best finishes we have seen in a while? I think there is something like 15 or so guys with in a few (4 or so) strokes of the lead. There are so many great names out there. Stricker and Toms can play FW and Green golf with the best of anybody in the world. G-Mac playing good golf Choi and his consistency and so many more.

I've never claimed to be unbiased. In fact I've pretty much made it plain over time that I am biased. I like being a fan of guys from my state. I also like Jerry Kelly. and he's a fiery guy.

Why is Stricker's game boring? Hitting fairways, hitting it close, and putting better than most anyone else when he's on is boring? He's certainly not the most fiery guy, but that's his personality, not his golf game. You have to separate the two. If he pumped his fist, screamed, high fived his caddy, spit, and swore while hitting it close and making putts, all while wearing pink or purple pants, then he'd be exciting.

I guess golfers that don't hit it as straight and don't hit it as close are more exciting. He could smile more. Choi is a ninja assassin and Stricker is boring. LOL.

Kevin

He plays a bland style of golf. Nothing wrong with it at all. He is not crazy long, does not take a lot of chances, is not ridiculous with the short game. Hes consistent and steady and to many people that means boring.

I have a funny feeling that someone may shoot really low this afternoon and emerge from the pack

Kevin

It must be the khaki. Maybe his super consistency is what makes him boring. He doesn't have to hit the big flops or be imaginitive with his short game b/c he's so automatic.

Wow, just got all caught up on this thread, yes Steve S is boring, like a lot of golfers he has forgotten that golf is entertainment for the fans and he needs to interact and show some more emotion out there. I don't care what clothes he wears but he is boring boring boring. I just woke up and am looking at the scores but looks like the secret tramp stamp, LPGA star has a good shot at this.

OG with that incredible prediction just in time for a fall back by Watney. Id like to see the guy hang around this afternoon and I think he MIGHT be able to do, if he can right the ship soon.

EDIT: And donald is now wet on the 17th.

He plays a bland style of golf. Nothing wrong with it at all. He is not crazy long, does not take a lot of chances, is not ridiculous with the short game. Hes consistent and steady and to many people that means boring.

Don't you play like that, JB? I try to. I understand he's not the most vivacious of fellows. At least Cool Breeze admits it's his personality. This reminds me of the whole Tiger BS, too. Those that say, "I just want to see good golf," aren't really interested in good golf. They want a circus.

No doubt I'm biased for my fellow Cheesehead. I hope he bores you guys to death for the rest of the day. We all have our biases. Even JB.

Kevin

Don't you play like that, JB? I try to. I understand he's not the most vivacious of fellows. At least Cool Breeze admits it's his personality. This reminds me of the whole Tiger BS, too. Those that say, "I just want to see good golf," aren't really interested in good golf. They want a circus.

No doubt I'm biased for my fellow Cheesehead. I hope he bores you guys to death for the rest of the day. We all have our biases. Even JB.

Kevin

I don't want a circus out there just to be clear, just some emotion. Obviously not everyone is Phil but I think he does a great job of showing emotion out there and entertaining the crowd without making a circus out of it.

Kevin

No, I dont play like that at all actually. I miss a ton, scramble all over the place, show emotion, etc...Once in a while go for it, lay up, play different shaped shots, etc etc etc. I find his game to be incredibly boring.

He and David Toms are clones and yes, I find both to be incredibly boring....Talented as all heck, but boring.

And no, I dont have a bias, someone can be boring and still enjoyed.

would love to see Choi win or Gmac, heck wouldnt be to upset if Toms or Donald won either lol

Shocked to see Donald bogey 17.

No, I dont play like that at all actually. I miss a ton, scramble all over the place, show emotion, etc...Once in a while go for it, lay up, play different shaped shots, etc etc etc. I find his game to be incredibly boring.

He and David Toms are clones and yes, I find both to be incredibly boring....Talented as all heck, but boring.

And no, I dont have a bias, someone can be boring and still enjoyed.

Of course you miss and scramble, you're not a professional. What I meant was you often speak about not taking chance, playing to a number, etc.

You are clearly biased towards some of your favorites. Brian Gay and Bam come to mind immediately. And you have negative feelings toward some. Kerr being the most obvious.

Kevin

I wish my daughter was up to have seen that knock down wedge GMac hit on 16. I try and try to explain that to her, but that was a perfect video and great explanation by Johnny.

Kevin

Back