Detachable Face Driver

jt2929

Equipment Junkie
Reaction score
Handicap
golf
I just got this in my email from Golf Logix for a DnA Golf driver:

What do you guys think? Supposedly it is conforming, but I don't like the idea of the face not being a solid part of the club. I don't get how it would lead to more distance either.

Thainer could easily pack cotton balls in that

I just dont see how it would lead to more distance?
I can understand the sound side of things, but that is a preference.

I just dont see how it would lead to more distance?
I can understand the sound side of things, but that is a preference.

Exactly my thoughts. I don't really care about the sound a driver makes, so that is not a selling point with me. I tried finding something on their website that explained how it led to more distance, but came up with nothing.

what will they think of next??

I guess anything is possible but don't know how that would translate to more distance. I hope someone will be able to give it a try and let us know their findings.

Hard to imagine this is successful.

I cringed when I read the title of this thread. I laughed about detachable faced wedges, but then it made sense to me and I liked the feel of those. It doesn't make a ton of sense to me with the driver.

This just doesn't seem to make much sense to me. I will be surprised if this does well.

Seems a little odd, and I agree I'm not sure how it would add distance, but it would make adjusting face angles easy, you just have to have tapered washers (gaskets?). I don't know if that's an option, but it could be easily done.

I would be willing to bet though, that if a company such as Taylormade (only used because of innovation) came out with this driver and talked about changing the face or removing the face to find a sound that works for every golfer, guys would be lined up to test one out...hehe

I would be willing to bet though, that if a company such as Taylormade (only used because of innovation) came out with this driver and talked about changing the face or removing the face to find a sound that works for every golfer, guys would be lined up to test one out...hehe

quick jab LOL everyone loves the drivers that work like little kids transformer toys

I'd take a company like TM or one of the bigger ones a little more seriously before a company I've never heard of.

imagine if they coupled that with butt weighted shafts! People would go crazy for that club

I'd take a company like TM or one of the bigger ones a little more seriously before a company I've never heard of.

I dont disagree, but that leads to the biggest question, what is more important, marketing power or the product. If this company had a billion dollars, people might have heard of them. Im not taking anything away from TM at all, but lets face it, they could put a turd on a stick right now and people would line up for it when it pertains to drivers.

I got the same email. I read the heading and deleted it before the picture could even download on to my screen. It's a gimmick and nothing more.

I dont disagree, but that leads to the biggest question, what is more important, marketing power or the product. If this company had a billion dollars, people might have heard of them. Im not taking anything away from TM at all, but lets face it, they could put a turd on a stick right now and people would line up for it when it pertains to drivers.

It wouldn't be anything different than the way I am currently hitting my driver. Like s**t.

I all for innovation, but at this point I'm not really sure what the innovation is here.

Reminiscent, to an extent, of the old persimmon drivers.

I guess at some point everything comes full circle.

I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading the first few posts.

Reminiscent, to an extent, of the old persimmon drivers.

haha definitely, except that I believe the old persimmon drivers had the screws towards the middle of the club, not on the perimeter...

Methinks of you crank one off a screw on this driver, you're going to be pretty disappointed about the outcome!

haha definitely, except that I believe the old persimmon drivers had the screws towards the middle of the club, not on the perimeter...

Methinks of you crank one off a screw on this driver, you're going to be pretty disappointed about the outcome!

That's where the term "hitting it on the screws" came from. Although I think it went farther than mishits.

That's where the term "hitting it on the screws" came from. Although I think it went farther than mishits.

haha yeah man, that's why I said they need to redefine the term for this driver.. I don't want to be hitting this driver on the screws I don't think.

Back