Did it run over?

• Yes

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • No

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • I'm complicated. I'll explain.

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
I was supposed to have a full Paradym bag fitting, but only got through driver and 3 wood before we ran out of time. Went over by 5 minutes. Mostly my fault because I asked about all types of shafts and we really couldn't find the right combo in driver.

But we did in the 3 wood.

Happy Chris Pratt GIF by Parks and Recreation

I was the last appointment of the day at an outdoor demo day style fitting. We probably went for almost 2 hours.

Driver, yup. Took two full sessions

When I used to fit full time I always tried to let the session lead us where it needed to go. Some took half the allotted time because we found a solution quick that we were both happy with, and sometimes it took a couple of sessions.

I'd always say make sure you feel satisfied and justified with what you got to try. Nothing worse than feeling like you didn't get to try everything you wanted to before making that kind of financial decision.

No, I had a 4 hour block. Took a 20 minute break about 2.5 hours into it.
Half day, nice. What did you pay for that 4 hour block? Or what would you expect to pay?

Last edited:
Half day, nice. What did you pay for that 4 hour block? Or what would you expect to pay?
It was $300 for the fitting, but $100 goes to any club purchase.

I had a driver fitting two weeks ago. It was scheduled for an hour and we went about 50-55 minutes. I try to pace myself by going through an abbreviated pre-shot routine on each shot. I think I had about 70 swings in total. He did say at the outset, we have no time limit and I have no doubt he'd have gone longer if we'd needed to. After 70 driver swings, it was getting a little loose and I felt like we'd l and on the same page. I never felt rushed or that I needed more time or more swings with other products or shaft combinations. Really comfortable where we ended up.

Nope. Never got a club out of the bag. 50 minute drive down. A couple of insults by the fitter and I left and drove home. I'll yield my time to the next fittee...

I like the ones who have a half hour and say they want a full bag fitting LOL!!!

i did an iron and wedge fitting at KBS last week. It was estimated for 3 hours but i was done in just about an hour and thats with the fitter stopping it to give some swing thoughts/pointers.

but i went in to it saying im keeping the iron and wedge heads bc they're brand new so that definitely cut at least an hour of fit time.

It was totally different than the way i've been fit at club champion before. At KBS i think i maybe took a total of 20 full swings. I told him i was fit previously in to $-Taper 125 so we saved that as the last shaft. I took one swing with it and he said he has seen enough. The swing, tempo, and results were exactly what we were trying to accomplish. 2 other shafts were very good but the $-taper felt like home. Of course i swung a few more times but it was clear after hitting everything back to back that the $-taper wass the most repeatable results

When I used to fit full time I always tried to let the session lead us where it needed to go. Some took half the allotted time because we found a solution quick that we were both happy with, and sometimes it took a couple of sessions.

I'd always say make sure you feel satisfied and justified with what you got to try. Nothing worse than feeling like you didn't get to try everything you wanted to before making that kind of financial decision.
So it sounds like you'd stop to stay on schedule, and return to it the next day or soon after. Extra charge?

I did a full bag fitting in less than the allotted time. Did a lot of chatting with the fitting. Swung better if I talked at the same time!
Fitted for irons that would hold tiny greens with descent angle. Then driver and 3HL.l No need for hybrids as there is no distance issue between my woods and irons.
Finally did a putter fitting knowing I'd buy something elsewhere and cut it down to 31"
It helped that I have a very consistent swing.

So it sounds like you'd stop to stay on schedule, and return to it the next day or soon after. Extra charge?
If I was back to back and we didn't have a firm solution, would always invite them back in...never charge extra for that time (just my personal way of doing it) I'd always try and make it happen asap

Yes. I was in the last group at ECPC. I'm certain my fitter and I were still chatting and swinging after our time allotment ran out. But we were not the last to turn in our build sheet.

No i had plenty of time and was not rushed at all.

it's scheduled time?
Yep. The Edel Array fitting can get pretty involved and we ran out of time before length and lie angle could be fully addressed.

I'd say yes and no - I've done 2 fittings in the last 3 weeks. One for wedges (for the 2024 Vokey Experience) was scheduled for an hour and it went about a half hour over. It was the last one of the day and we started a little late so said he wanted to make sure he gave me everything I needed for me being patient. Probably the best fitting I've ever had. Titleist does an awesome job if you need something like this.

The other was for a driver - was brand specific fitting day at my local course. Scheduled for 30 minutes and they made sure it was done less than that. Felt a bit rushed the whole time and even though he said he had the perfect match for me I didn't feel it...therefore I didn't buy. The difference in the experience was amazing.

I think if a one part of the bag fitting is taking over an hour something is flawed. Never had one go close to the hour it’s suppose to. Had a gapping session take over an hour but that’s with the bending happening during the session

I'd say yes and no - I've done 2 fittings in the last 3 weeks. One for wedges (for the 2024 Vokey Experience) was scheduled for an hour and it went about a half hour over. It was the last one of the day and we started a little late so said he wanted to make sure he gave me everything I needed for me being patient. Probably the best fitting I've ever had. Titleist does an awesome job if you need something like this.

The other was for a driver - was brand specific fitting day at my local course. Scheduled for 30 minutes and they made sure it was done less than that. Felt a bit rushed the whole time and even though he said he had the perfect match for me I didn't feel it...therefore I didn't buy. The difference in the experience was amazing.
Did you start late because the previous one ran over?

Did you start late because the previous one ran over?
Yes, the previous one ran over because the guys asked to hit a few 3 woods that wasn't part of his scheduled fitting. I said it was ok with me which is one of the reasons he gave me more time. It also allowed me to hit a few other Titleist clubs for fun that I otherwise wouldn't have hit.

No, by the end, I was too tired to hit any more golf balls, lol.

Nope. Trust me if it had I would know 😆

Last two didn't but I've certainly had fittings that did.

The person that was to follow me didn't show up, so we went an extra 1/2 hr or so.
PXG fitting at the Tucson Omni.
This was my second visit with the same fitter.

Back