Scooby45

Use data, get better.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10ish
With the 5 hybrid thread recently coming back to life I thought we also talk about 6 hybrids.

Who has one in the bag? What made you put it in? How’s it working out?

I honestly have never even considered one. Looking forward to hearing from those that have!

How about the 7-P hybrid?

I do 5 hybrid but that's where I draw the line. 6 hybrid? What's next -- dogs and cats playing together??? ;)

Is there such a thing?

Kinda like T-Rail and Launch Pad makes sense if needed. If I could match up the look of clubs so it flowed well to my eye I would do it.

I hit a G430 6H for the heck of it. It was a rocket, I just had no need. There was no gap for it to fill.

I considered one a few years back, but unfortunately there aren't many available left-handed

I do the 6U with a ZX4 6 iron.

Chose the Halo 6 hybrid over the Halo 6 iron. Just easier and more versatile for me. Next club up is a 7 wood. As bad as I play, gapping is the least of my concerns.

How about the 7-P hybrid?
Before I bought the Halos, was seriously considering the ELEVEN full hybrid set from Sub 70 Europe. Reviews on Youtube were very promising for a high handicapper. Not sold in the US yet, but will ship from the UK.

Uhhh no. I love my 6 iron

Have before, when I was a low ball hitter.

No reason to now for me, I’m too good with a 6i and can do more with it.

I have recently sold my 6 hybrid experiment to my friend @brotherdave who is currently enjoying a nice honeymoon with it.

Yup; G430 6H recently added to the bag which nicely fills the gap between my 9W (that's right, I said 9W) and 7i. I like it so much that I'm seriously considering getting the G430 7H to replace my 7i!

Having a slow swing speed, I am much better able to hit lofted woods and hybrids with the height needed to stay on the green than I am with irons.

Yes! I have played a 6h for years. To me, it feels like there are players who are better at hitting irons... and there are those who are better with hybrids and woods. I’m far more comfortable using my 6h than I would be trying to use a 6i. Just looks different and gives me more confidence that I’m gonna make better contact. That’s one of the things that is so cool about golf... there can be different clubs for different players to accommodate their strengths or weaknesses. Just like players who are more comfortable with high lofted fairways like 7 and 9 woods. They have learned to be as adept with those as many are with scoring irons. It’s all in what works for YOU.

Last edited:
I don't even know what they call my hollow UHX mid & long irons. Hollow, big footprint, but the sole is like 1/3-1/2 the size of a hybrid. All I know is they are super easy to hit really high and long. I am carrying this UHX 6 hy-iron as far as I used to hit a perfectly struck 5I, but with more loft and spin...... It's a couple feet higher than the G430 hybrid, with more spin and much quicker stopping. But in all fairness, I never really tried to dial in the hybrid.......

I don't but probably should. I have less confidence is hitting a 6 iron well than any other club in my bag. Typically grab the 5 hybrid and choke down or take a little off of it instead of pulling the 6 iron.

Tour Edge: 4,5, 6 & 7 Hybrid Irons.

Love 'em.

Last edited:
Have a G425 6 hybrid in the bag as my 6i is a so-so club for me. But the hybrid being so much easier to launch and get consistent distances made it a no brainer. Why make the game harder.

With the 5 hybrid thread recently coming back to life I thought we also talk about 6 hybrids.

Who has one in the bag? What made you put it in? How’s it working out?
Honestly no, I prefer irons 5 & 6 and down from there. 4h seems like a natural break point for me

I don't, I go 7 wood, 5 hybrid, 6 iron

I don't, but I'm thinking about bringing my 5 hybrid out of retirement. It's an Adams A3os boxer.

Nope. But some days I’m not opposed to the idea haha

Back