went in for an iron fitting today. I asked at the end to hit the G430 6h and we ordered one. good bye 6i,lol

I used to carry a Tour Edge Iron-Wood 6 iron or hybrid, not sure what we should call it exactly, J-Max Bazooka Gold model.

Worked great, awesome distance, but I wasn't good with it out of a fairway bunker if the shot called for it, so I went back to the 6 iron. Also wasn't a huge fan of the amount of offset as I took lessons and got better.

I still play a 7H though, Big Bertha 2015 model. That will never leave the bag, actually creeps up on the 6 iron sometimes, so I'm thinking of going back to the Iron-Wood, offset and all.

I've been considering one. I've been considering going with a Ping 6H to match my other Ping hybrids. It would replace my 7i. Ping even makes a 7H (34 degrees) which is crazy. That would replace the 8i. As i'm getting older, these lofted hybrids are starting to look better.

I've been considering one. I've been considering going with a Ping 6H to match my other Ping hybrids. It would replace my 7i. Ping even makes a 7H (34 degrees) which is crazy. That would replace the 8i. As i'm getting older, these lofted hybrids are starting to look better.
You have it backwards -7h will replace 6i not an 8i - especially the 430 hybrids

You have it backwards -7h will replace 6i not an 8i - especially the 430 hybrids
I tried a g425 7h at 34* and it wasn't a 6i replacement into Forged Tec irons, more like a 7i or even 8i. With the Speedzones they are playing it could definitely function as a 8i.

I just added a TM rescue mid ko (svg) 30* to fill gap between the niblicks (all 4) and the Acer 9 wood

I like my G430 6H a lot! Currently on the hunt for a 7H to replace my G710 7i.

Giving it a strong consideration. My playing partner on Saturday had 6h and 7h and he shot even par. No reason why a 2 HC is playing them but I shouldn't.

I tried a g425 7h at 34* and it wasn't a 6i replacement into Forged Tec irons, more like a 7i or even 8i. With the Speedzones they are playing it could definitely function as a 8i.
Just checked lofts 34* 8i - 7h would indeed replace this club

I do bag a Rogue ST Max OS 6 hybrid. I use it every now and then when I need that little extra punch. It seems to carry about 10 more yards than my 6 iron and with my swing, it’s more accurate.

I am back to 6i. I tried the G430 6h and on the range really liked it, but on the course I struggled to turn it over and kept losing it right..
I bought a new set of G425 irons and putting the 6i in the bag. in the meantime I had been playing an HB Turbo 6i I had in the basement...which is sort of a semi-hybrid

This thread awhile back got my gears turning. I bounce back and forth as a 4 and 5. I just recently got a 6H and love it.
which one did you get?

This thread awhile back got my gears turning. I bounce back and forth as a 4 and 5. I just recently got a 6H and love it.

I’m very happy with the Aerrojet 6H. I just have so much more confidence with it than I would have with an iron.

With the 5 hybrid thread recently coming back to life I thought we also talk about 6 hybrids.

Who has one in the bag? What made you put it in? How’s it working out?
I have a #6 Ironwood from Tour Edge. Back when I purchased the set, (2 - LW) they were considered hybrids. Not sure that would be true today.

I still use this set from time to time. The 6 plays quite well for me.

I picked up a Lazrus 6 hybrid just to see if they were any good and it’s been in my bag ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
80 year old in our group has them in 2-PW. I hit the PW couple times year and was mind blown at the flight, in a regular flex to boot.🙈

6iron is quickly becoming my go to iron so I can see myself ever going hybrid there

Have never tried a 6 hybrid.

This thread made me hard ponder. Found a 6h in my same specs on eBay for cheap.

6i for me but I’ve also never tried one. Maybe sometime soon.

You guys got me thinking about a 6I replacement for some of the crap public courses I league on, where fairway lies can be awful. This talk about an 11 wood is even more interesting to me than a hybrid, as I am a pretty consistent with a fairway wood if I say so myself. I see they make a Paradym 11 wood. Then I go to the range and stripe very tall and accurate 6I after 6I 175-185 into a little variable breeze. I decide I don't need a change, Go home and then the desire haunts me again, now saying it could just be on the rack as an option..... This place has made me a club Ho.

Been playing a 24 degree 5 hybrid for a while now as a 4 iron replacement with great success.

Have had a dalliance with a 28 degree 6 hybrid a couple of times over the last few years as a five iron replacement. Finally concluded that it just didn’t fit my game after trying different shafts to try and dial it in. Ended up selling it to a friend because it just went too high for me. Really ballooned into the wind for me.

My wife ended up with a 5, 6 and 7 hybrid in her Ping GLE 2 set at her last fitting.

Back