Do your irons feel too heavy? Mine kind of do... Any advice?

Maybe try to add a little weight at the grip end. Put a weight under the butt end of the grip or some lead tape near the bottom to try it quick.
I felt this way with my wedges and I added a heavier grip and made it feel much more balanced

I agree with these 2. Adding weight around the grip end is the best way to combat this. It will counterbalance the weight at the club end. You can either regrip with some lead tape underneath the grip or regrip with heavier grips. Good luck.

I guess I should try and choke down a tad... Not sure how much distance will be lost but shouldn't hurt. Seems like it's a good fix where I don't have to do anything to the shaft or head.

I guess I should try and choke down a tad... Not sure how much distance will be lost but shouldn't hurt. Seems like it's a good fix where I don't have to do anything to the shaft or head.
You might also be able to add lead tape to the end of the club. Not sure if that would make a huge difference but it’s a cheap experiment

From your description, it sounds like you are trying to manipulate the club and hit the ball. This will definitely make the club head feel heavy. I think your issue is swing mechanics.

In a properly sequenced golf swing, the club head will feel feather light at some points in the swing and really heavy at others. Most important it should feel really heavy at and just beyond impact. The late release of lag and use of ground forces at impact creates forces that make the club head feel very heavy.

In a well-balanced, good tempo, properly sequenced golf swing the club head should feel really light during most of the swing outside of impact. Missing any of those elements and the arms and body end up dragging and pushing and pulling against the forces you have created that should not be in your swing.

Last edited:
From your description it sounds like you are trying to manipulate the club and hit the ball. This will definitely make the club head feel happy. I think your issue is swing mechanics.

In a properly sequenced golf swing the club head will feel feather light at some points in the swing and really heavy at others. Most important it should feel really heavy at and just beyond impact. The late release of lag and use of ground forces at impact create forces that make the club head feel very heavy.

In a well balanced, good tempo, properly sequenced golf swing the club head should feel really light during most of the swing outside of impact. Missing any of those elements and the arms and body end up dragging and pushing and pulling against the forces you have created that should not be in your swing.
Thanks for telling me I suck without telling me I suck. 😂

Back