Its just a feel and kick thing, hard for me to put into words. Like I said though, nothing rash until I get on course, plus this was the first go round.

Well, I like the shafts, especially the kick, but, that's a personal thing. I think they feel a little softer than the DGS300 I play now, but not much. I've never played a KBS shaft so I don't know how much more different it would be. Definitely give us more info after you've had them on the course.

Well, I like the shafts, especially the kick, but, that's a personal thing. I think they feel a little softer than the DGS300 I play now, but not much. I've never played a KBS shaft so I don't know how much more different it would be. Definitely give us more info after you've had them on the course.

I like the shafts too. To me, they're similar to the Rifle shafts in my irons, maybe a tad softer. Lots of spin. I practiced chips on the practice green with a bunch of range balls and those hopped a couple of times and stopped. Loving my wedges so far.

I'm in contact with Beau over there at Eidolon and am past pondering on these. I am just hung up on lofts at this point, can't decide between closing the gaps to 49/53/57 or 50/54/58 are the leading options with the x22 PW being 45. I think I've pushed away from a set that includes a 60 since the 60 I have now just gets me into trouble on the course.

OK, two rounds. Tired as heck so I'm going to leave this with a tidbit and expound on it later.

I have no clue how the V-Soles work, I can;t wrap my head around it, but they do. Period.

Hard pan? Check. Fluff? Check. Sand? Check. Its been a long time since I've had as rounded of a wedge game as I did, especially having not been out in almost two weeks.

More later.

OK, two rounds. Tired as heck so I'm going to leave this with a tidbit and expound on it later.

I have no clue how the V-Soles work, I can;t wrap my head around it, but they do. Period.

Hard pan? Check. Fluff? Check. Sand? Check. Its been a long time since I've had as rounded of a wedge game as I did, especially having not been out in almost two weeks.

More later.

That's awesome and just what I need to hear right now concerning the various lies they are working from! Should have mine later this week....

Just ordered my setup a bit ago and should have them next week. Can't wait to enjoy the goodness for myself. Went with the 50/54/58 to close and even up my lofts with my irons.

Just ordered my setup a bit ago and should have them next week. Can't wait to enjoy the goodness for myself. Went with the 50/54/58 to close and even up my lofts with my irons.

Congrat's on the purchase, I have been loving mine. I have a few months with mine coming from CG14's and have no regrets. They work great from any lie and the spin is amazing on them. I have found them great from full shots to 1/2, pitch and chip shots.

I'd recently picked up a four wedge set of the V-Soles (48*, 52*, 56* & 60*) with KBS V-Launch shafts, s-flex, on ebay, just couldn't resist the price.

So far after only one round and one range session, the reviews are quite favorable. The first thing I'd noticed though, was that where others had said that their Eidolons felt smooth and solid, mine felt a bit jarring at impact. Not uncomfortably but much more than my Vokeys or CG14's. Yet, where some of the same players said that the Eidolons were a bit shorter than other wedges they'd played, they're longer for me. By an average of 5-7 yards, I'd say. I'd guess that the feel can be attributed to the s-flex shafts as opposed to the other brands' wedge-flex. However, wrt distance and accuracy, I'd say they fit me just fine.

Spin is very good, accuracy with them is excellent. Optimally, I was only looking for a 3-wedge set as I really like my Mizuno MP-52 PW. But without ever hitting it, on a whim I decided to throw the 48* in the bag for my round. It was my favorite club to use all day. Loved it. Great med/high trajectory and I instantly bonded with that club for full swings.

Chipping, I tried all three of the higher lofted clubs and loved them after a quick adjustment. On my first chip, the 56* just glided over the fringe so effortlessly that I realized right away that I'd nuked it and the Eidolons would require much less effort when chipping. The rest of my chips throughout the round were very good and fun to play.

I didn't have a chance to hit from the sand but the wedges leave me more than intrigued and have earned an extensive test. Although the feel isn't as others had described in their experiences, I really don't view it as a negative. They convey quite a bit of info to the hands. But like I said, not uncomfortably, no sting or anything like that.

Nice write-up WMac19 - thanks for sharing your initial impressions with us. Looking forward to trying the v-sole technology myself here very soon!

Tappin' from my iPad!

I have to agree on the feedback to the hands....I would describe it as "non-muted"
I did not really like the half cord UST grips on them...(got them new and the LW grip is turning in the middle)
gonna regrip with some VDR's..
All in all...I am really happy with them....

My Eidolon wedges arrived today and when I saw the box I was super excited. And then I opened the box and was a bit disappointed. I had ordered the Satin Chrome finish and inside I find the oil/raw finish heads. Someone goofed up when building them and used the wrong heads. I called but I guess they were gone for the day by the time I was home so I sent Beau an email. They are great looking to say the least, but I'm a bit OCD and I don't if I'll be happy with wedges that rust. I am so torn because they do look good, but I don't know!

Pics of the wedges:
So Sexy in oil but I just don't know!
2011-09-15203953.jpg

2011-09-15203937.jpg

2011-09-15203659.jpg

2011-09-15203635.jpg

Last edited:
My Eidolon wedges arrived today and when I saw the box I was super excited. And then I opened the box and was a bit disappointed. I had ordered the Satin Chrome finish and inside I find the oil/raw finish heads. Someone goofed up when building them and used the wrong heads. I called but I guess they were gone for the day by the time I was home so I sent Beau an email. They are great looking to say the least, but I'm a bit OCD and I don't think I'd be very happy with wedges that rust. I much prefer a clean look.

It's too bad you got the wrong finish. Hopefully they will help you out. I ordered the prime finish on purpose SO THAT they would rust. But if it's not your bag I'm sure they'll fix it.

It's too bad you got the wrong finish. Hopefully they will help you out. I ordered the prime finish on purpose SO THAT they would rust. But if it's not your bag I'm sure they'll fix it.

Yea, they look so good its just hard to decide. It's more a matter of me being a little OCD about stuff like that. I just dunno if I want to wait another 2 weeks to ship back and wait for them to build new ones since the golf season is winding down. I may just keep them, we'll see.

Yea, they look so good its just hard to decide. It's more a matter of me being a little OCD about stuff like that. I just dunno if I want to wait another 2 weeks to ship back and wait for them to build new ones since the golf season is winding down. I may just keep them, we'll see.

I've played rusted wedges before and loved them, RTG's, Trusty Rusty, etc. BUT, I have a set of the satin finish Eidolons and really, really love the look of them. I'm not too sure I'd want them to rust.

Different strokes and all, but I'd wholeheartedly recommend that you weigh your decision toward which you'd prefer for the long term rather than at the moment. If it's the rusty wedges, then it's all good.

The prime finish is great when new, but don't kid yourself... It's gonna wear off quickly. I took half a dozen swings in the sand with my 58* and the finish was gone. I can appreciate that you want to play them before your season is over, but if you are going to cringe every time you look at the rust it's not worth it.

I've played rusted wedges before and loved them, RTG's, Trusty Rusty, etc. BUT, I have a set of the satin finish Eidolons and really, really love the look of them. I'm not too sure I'd want them to rust.

Different strokes and all, but I'd wholeheartedly recommend that you weigh your decision toward which you'd prefer for the long term rather than at the moment. If it's the rusty wedges, then it's all good.

Wise words right there.

I'm definately looking at these wedges for next season. They look so awesome and I need some new wedges!

The prime finish is great when new, but don't kid yourself... It's gonna wear off quickly. I took half a dozen swings in the sand with my 58* and the finish was gone. I can appreciate that you want to play them before your season is over, but if you are going to cringe every time you look at the rust it's not worth it.

I wholeheartedly agree. I just prefer the look of a rusted wedge to a chrome, even if it is satin. And the oil these come with wears off very quickly.

I'm definately looking at these wedges for next season. They look so awesome and I need some new wedges!

With the introduction of ScorGolf, Eidolon is no longer making these wedges and are quickly selling all remaining stock (at very attractive prices).

I was on the Eidolon site earlier this week. For LH, they are sold out on the 52, and only have a limited amount of 48, 56 and 60 remaining.

was just on Eidolons website they no longer have 59,60,61 in satin finish RH even if your ordering 3 or 4 wedge sets. prob why you got oil finish.

mariuvst, those wedges are so sexy! I really like them

I've thought about it a bit and if for whatever reason they are out of the satin finish I could live with the raw finish, I'll just likely be cleaning them with some gun oil after every round to keep rusting at a minimum. They are very sexy, and it was so hard not to run out to the range and give them a swing yesterday.

Last edited:
I ordered a couple Eidolon Wedges today. I spoke with Beau on the phone, and as others have said, he is just awesome to work with. They gave me a great price, and are going to ship them out on monday so I should have them next week. I can't wait to him them. I went with a 54/58 combo with the firm genius 12 steel shaft. I went back and forth, but ended up with the satin finish.

After pondering it, I ended up calling Beau back about the clubs and he is having them build them again with the correct heads and sending them out with a return shipping label for the first set to be sent back. Some great customer service over at Eidolon/Scor Golf. While the raw were gorgeous now, and I ultimately decided that I would be happier with the more care free satin finish like I had ordered originally.

Even if you are going to place an order for straight up stock online from their website I can't recommend enough picking up the phone and calling Beau personally. He is outstanding to work with and ensure that you're happy with the order. Can't wait to get the correct build up of my clubs in hand and start hitting them.

After pondering it, I ended up calling Beau back about the clubs and he is having them build them again with the correct heads and sending them out with a return shipping label for the first set to be sent back. Some great customer service over at Eidolon/Scor Golf. While the raw were gorgeous now, and I ultimately decided that I would be happier with the more care free satin finish like I had ordered originally.

Even if you are going to place an order for straight up stock online from their website I can't recommend enough picking up the phone and calling Beau personally. He is outstanding to work with and ensure that you're happy with the order. Can't wait to get the correct build up of my clubs in hand and start hitting them.

glad everything worked out for you ive been starting at a 3 wedge set for a week now its such a good deal but i dunno if i even need new wedges right now. but i wanna try them out so ill prob end up getting something to try out.

Glad you decided to hold off swinging the new wedges maiusvt. Even more happy that Eidolon was able to hook you up.

Back