After pondering it, I ended up calling Beau back about the clubs and he is having them build them again with the correct heads and sending them out with a return shipping label for the first set to be sent back. Some great customer service over at Eidolon/Scor Golf. While the raw were gorgeous now, and I ultimately decided that I would be happier with the more care free satin finish like I had ordered originally.

Even if you are going to place an order for straight up stock online from their website I can't recommend enough picking up the phone and calling Beau personally. He is outstanding to work with and ensure that you're happy with the order. Can't wait to get the correct build up of my clubs in hand and start hitting them.

Good deal, you've got to be happy with them first and foremost so this was obviously the best move for ya!

Beau has been fun to email back and forth, first rate all the way. I'll be honest, if I could right now, I'd be getting another set to put in the closet, I like the dang v-sole THAT much for MY game.

Why do I love the Eidolon's?

This is why, turf interaction is awesome with the v-soles. From yesterday after a 280 yard drive left me 75 to the hole, 55* over a bunker to 3 feet, this is the shot that used to KILL me in my game...I love these wedges.

OK, so the video thing really is kinda cool, sad I was late to the party now! Flip cam's are awesome!

Why do I love the Eidolon's?

This is why, turf interaction is awesome with the v-soles. From yesterday after a 280 yard drive left me 75 to the hole, 55* over a bunker to 3 feet, this is the shot that used to KILL me in my game...I love these wedges.

OK, so the video thing really is kinda cool, sad I was late to the party now! Flip cam's are awesome!

glad your having success with them. im pondering these or scors pretty bad but i just got my xfts this year so its kinda hard to justify right now.

I am pondering a set of these really hard!

I've been lurking in the SCORGOLF review thread pondering some V-SOLE wedges to improve my short game. The price is what kept me from "scoring" a pair, then the light bulb went on after realizing Eidolons are currently half price and offer very similar technology. I've got a 50* and 55* on the way, can't wait to get my hands on them so I can start working on improving my short game. That's my #1 priority in golf for 2012- improved short game should result in consistently breaking 100 (which I'm having a hard time with atm). I'm looking for confidence 100 yds and in, hopefully these Eidolons coupled with a lot of practice are the answer.

Received my Eidolons Friday, took them out for 18 Saturday. First impressions:

Great out of the sand. The heavier club head & v-sole just cut through sand and ball pops out easily.
Great on full & 3/4 shots from fairway and rough alike. Again the weight & sole seem to cut through turf like butter. A couple of times grabbed quite a bit of grass but the clubhead did not get stuck, just had to clean a big chunk of turf from the head afterwards.
Great spin on the greens. An 80 yd approach to the green spun back about 4-5 ft, I've never done that before. (I ordered the non-conforming heads)
Average chipping around the green. I've got to get used to the heavier head weight when chipping, I had a couple of less desirable chips.

Regarding the look/finish, they are nice looking wedges. I ordered the oil can/raw finish, it looks like it's going to wear fairly quickly as expected. I'm ok with it, as long as they perform I don't mind rusty wedges. The satin would definitely last longer, but they didn't have the lofts I needed available. I like the half cord UST Mamiya grips, nice feel yet seem they will be durable like GP NDMC's.

Back