Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good gawd this thread is entertaining.

Wahhhhhh!

War Eagle made mommy and daddy fight!

Wahhhhhh!

:D I feel better

This was just the greatest read ever. I agree with JB though, he should get an S3.

As for me, I thought I was going to get an S3 and now I find out that at work we are leaving Telus (think AT&T) and going to Rogers (Verizon I guess) and I am getting a new phone. I asked if we could go all Android as a company and was told that no, all managers will be getting iPhone 4s and everyone else iPhone 4 I guess I better get used to this stupid iPhone cause its not going anywhere.

I like mine a lot breezy.

I like mine a lot breezy.

That's good news. Im not gonna lie, I like my 4 so I'm sure the 4s will be better. Might have to change my tapatalk sig. The secret is out.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to say dirty things to Siri.

I actually use her a lot dude, it's pretty convenient for reminders and such

Moving to a new city and my craptastic piece of garbage does not have GPS. With it being the end of the time greatest phone ever, I would have expected it to have GPS built in. I mean the Android phones have only had that for what 5 years?

I kid of course, sort of, because I am sticking with this piece of garbage.

Moving to a new city and my craptastic piece of garbage does not have GPS. With it being the end of the time greatest phone ever, I would have expected it to have GPS built in. I mean the Android phones have only had that for what 5 years?

I kid of course, sort of, because I am sticking with this piece of garbage.

I have a GPS app on my phone, it works fairly well.

TC I'm gonna do the same.

I have a GPS app on my phone, it works fairly well.

TC I'm gonna do the same.

Did you pay for it? GG has one too that seems to work well, but it was not free, like the Android phones have in Google Maps that is fantastic.

Did you pay for it? GG has one too that seems to work well, but it was not free, like the Android phones have in Google Maps that is fantastic.

It's the only thing I miss about my droid, the stock navigation. I could see that being a problem for sure.

Yep I was a paid app but it was worth it.

With the latest android update you can actually understand the navi chick.

ANybody used the Macs with the new Retina display? How does it look?

It is beautiful and am considering the upgrade, but my 1st gen MacBook pro is still going strong.

Hey tech geeks (endearing term),
Tell me the differences between One X and S3. I have always preferred HTC phones to Samsung because of the way they felt in my hand, but it appears they both went plastic like on the casing. Am I wrong there?

Hey tech geeks (endearing term),
Tell me the differences between One X and S3. I have always preferred HTC phones to Samsung because of the way they felt in my hand, but it appears they both went plastic like on the casing. Am I wrong there?

JB, I have both. Not for long though because I just sold the One X on the bay. Number one reason I got rid of the One X? The multitasking doesn't work on it. For instance, Id be playing golf and have tapatalk in the Live Round thread. And Id also be running Golf Shot for my scorecard. So I go into the scorecard app and it completely reloads. Id have to click resume round or whatever it says and then update my score. Then, back over to tapatalk and guess what it completely reloads THP so I lost my spot in the live round thread. Drove me nuckin futs. I have no idea what they did to screw that up but if you read around xda forums its the number one complaint about the One X. Otherwise its a badass phone that I loved. Great camera, best I've used on a phone. Other gripes? No removable battery cover and no removable storage either. And it was only 16GB which is odd since you cant add a MSD card. You say both plastic but the One X was one solid piece of poly-carbonate(?) and I guess that is the reason they went with no removable battery cover. I loved how it was made. Felt like an expensive well made phone.

S3 is plastic but it feels pretty good in hand though. And it looks really good for plastic. And the S3 has no multitasking issues like the One X. Camera is almost as good but Id say a notch below. Some of the recent pics Ive done were with the S3. GPS on both has been amazing. The S3 does have a lot more features and bonus type things that Samsung added. In that area the S3 blows the One X away. HTC really didnt do much in that respect. Id say most other things are pretty equal. Signal, battery life, touch screens are all pretty close.

Thanks. The irony in your first paragraph is that the Jesus Phone has no removable battery and no removable storage either...They also have no GPS except paid for service.

Hmmmm.

That is disappointing in the multitasking as that is something nobody should expect in a high end phone. I would wonder if that changes if/when the OS upgrade comes (or is that with the new OS)?

I have always thought that the EVO (original) was the best phone I ever had as it pertains to being well made.

Yeah but the phone needs no battery pulls or extra storage because iOS is THAT good haha.

Right now the One X is running the latest Google OS, ICS but Jelly Bean is right around the corner. Problem is waiting for At&t to finally release it. I kept reading around to see if HTC had a fix in the works for the multitasking but never saw anything and decided that is not something I could live with in brand new 2012 "flagship" HTC phone. So they lost me. The One X is one really well made phone though.

Extra storage is debatable, but thats okay. Just the irony behind the whole thing is funny.

Very interesting about the HTC phone. The Samsung is seriously on my radar, but out of contract cost is outrageous even trading in my phone.

Yeah really the phone is perfectly fine without the extra storage. Ive never used anywhere near 16GB of space on a phone and my SD card just took a crap anyway so I lost my videos and pictures on it.

I got the HTC as my upgrade so it was $199 but then I went in to get the S3 using my kids upgrade because he already has an iPhone4 that my Dad gave him. Well that didnt work because it would have turned his phone off till we went back in to Best Buy or Att so I didnt do that. Paid full price for the S3 minus $260 for the iPhone4 and then sold the HTC yesterday for $400. So the two covered the cost of the one in the end.

Yeah really the phone is perfectly fine without the extra storage. Ive never used anywhere near 16GB of space on a phone and my SD card just took a crap anyway so I lost my videos and pictures on it.

I got the HTC as my upgrade so it was $199 but then I went in to get the S3 using my kids upgrade because he already has an iPhone4 that my Dad gave him. Well that didnt work because it would have turned his phone off till we went back in to Best Buy or Att so I didnt do that. Paid full price for the S3 minus $260 for the iPhone4 and then sold the HTC yesterday for $400. So the two covered the cost of the one in the end.
Nice move Kmac, the plan I have my wife on is due for an upgrade so I was going to get her a S3 and then give her my iphone, but now thats a silly idea too because work is just going to give me my iphone 4 when I get the 4s so I'm stuck being the forums apple homer.

Nice move Kmac, the plan I have my wife on is due for an upgrade so I was going to get her a S3 and then give her my iphone, but now thats a silly idea too because work is just going to give me my iphone 4 when I get the 4s so I'm stuck being the forums apple homer.

Dang dude you are such an apple homer. Well, now you have TC to be your apple homer friend. You guys can iMessage each other :beat-up:

Dang dude you are such an apple homer. Well, now you have TC to be your apple homer friend. You guys can iMessage each other :beat-up:
We do, but we also like to use beardTime.

Only thing holding me back is that $400 right now since I only have the $250 or so for my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back