Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I was tired of at&t too and went to Verizon. Terrible decision that cost me my unlimited data plan. And the network? Overrated and worse then at&t. Hated it and went back to att.

Interesting, it's more of a coverage thing for me, there are places in Nebraska where AT&T has nothing and Verizon will be full bars.

Just made a table comparing the pros of the iPhone and the Galaxy S3 as well as what parts of them are a push. I'm leaning towards the iPhone as the pros just seem a little bit better than the Galaxy for what I need/would use.

Just made a table comparing the pros of the iPhone and the Galaxy S3 as well as what parts of them are a push. I'm leaning towards the iPhone as the pros just seem a little bit better than the Galaxy for what I need/would use.

Have you held them both in hand? Their really isn't a comparison between the two imo.

Have you held them both in hand? Their really isn't a comparison between the two imo.

No I'm going tomorrow to get one or the other unless my phone comes back to life. I like the fact that the Galaxy is thinner and has a bigger screen. I want to play with the Galaxy's S Voice thing to see how good it is though.

Well since my family has an upgrade in October or November, I'm going to wait until then to get a new phone. Until then, I'm reactivating one of my old flip phones. So my THP time will probably take a pretty big hit.

Need a good wired printer thats relatively small-medium form factor. For my sister going to college. Apparently something about they can't utilize wireless idk, I didn't ask too many questions just told my mom I'd find one for her. I'm not too up to date on my printers since I've had the same one for almost 6 years. Any ideas?

Sending this from my new phonee. Why galaxy s3, you are nice.

Sending this from my new phonee. Why galaxy s3, you are nice.

This is awesome. Haha. I bet GG was cursing me the entire time during activation.

I have a feeling there was some compromise in order to make the S3 happen. There was a lot of "not going to happen" a couple weeks ago.

Thinking about getting a Withings body scale. Anyone have one of those? Any good?

I want to thank Kmac and War Eagle for their help in this one. As much as I would love to say "I won", truthfully it came down to dollars and sense. Because our myfi is with VZW, with their new data plans, it will save us $700 a year to have our wireless with them. They gave us a decent amount for a previous phones and almost covered the cancellation of the AT&T bill. It just made sense.

I want to thank Kmac and War Eagle for their help in this one. As much as I would love to say "I won", truthfully it came down to dollars and sense. Because our myfi is with VZW, with their new data plans, it will save us $700 a year to have our wireless with them. They gave us a decent amount for a previous phones and almost covered the cancellation of the AT&T bill. It just made sense.

Thats a steal. And enjoy the new phone! :D

Congrats JB. I'm going to text you a congrats video.

Translated from Canadian to 'Merican by Siri.

I have a feeling there was some compromise in order to make the S3 happen. There was a lot of "not going to happen" a couple weeks ago.

He did make a very nice speech yesterday lol

Hopefully not too nerdy but I am pondering purchasing a second Filco Majestouch-2, tenkeyless with cherry blue switches.
I bought one to replace the horrific membrane board they set me up with at work (I write code all day so a quality keyboard is important for me) and now I'm wanting to upgrade the mechanical board I have at home.

Hopefully not too nerdy but I am pondering purchasing a second Filco Majestouch-2, tenkeyless with cherry blue switches.
I bought one to replace the horrific membrane board they set me up with at work (I write code all day so a quality keyboard is important for me) and now I'm wanting to upgrade the mechanical board I have at home.

I tried repping you for this lol. I have no idea what it means!

I can't wait to call you ******. Then text you. When you can.

You will be my first text TMext! It will be a brohug

This looks promising. Samsung's version of iTunes, Pandora and Spotify all in one.

http://www.samsung.com/us/article/music-hub-all-the-music-you-want-all-in-one-place
That is awesome.

Love when these kind of things work out well, especially when dealing with canceling a service contract.

That is awesome.

Love when these kind of things work out well, especially when dealing with canceling a service contract.

Yep gotta love it when Peter pays Paul or close to it. I just loaded up the Music Hub, had to find it through that S Suggest.

I tried repping you for this lol. I have no idea what it means!

Haha I guess I really let my inner nerd show. I'll attempt a brief explanation for anyone who may be interested...

Just a different style of keyboard, a membrane keyboard is the standard, where when you push down a key you get that mushy feel as you are depressing the membrane to create a circuit with the bottom of the board to register the key press. This is really limiting for some people as you can only create 1 circuit at a time which contributing to slower typing. There is also no tactile feedback either which indicates when the key press is registered. This causes many typers to "bottom out" the key which can lead to significant hand fatigue and eventually the dreaded carpel tunnel.

A mechanical board is designed so that each key has its own individual switch on every key. The also click that can be heard and felt (depending on the type of switch you use - blues, browns, blacks etc all offer different benefits).

I originally made the switch to help postpone carpel tunnel as this is a concern of mine, not only since I type all day and make my living by typing but obviously since I am a golfer as well.

Mechanicals will also increase typing speed, it jumped me from mid 80's over 100 wpm within 30 minutes of switching. They keys can simple register more quickly as they are all independent of one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back