Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
tc, do you want me to look around here, maybe there are more LH golfers out here, always a very big selections of clubs

tc, do you want me to look around here, maybe there are more LH golfers out here, always a very big selections of clubs

things are often backwards out there in LA...haha

there is actually is a good amount of lefty stuff near me too.

Last edited:
Looking to upgrade my 07 Burner to a Ping G15

If you love that club I would recommend you stay in the TM family. Just my opinion

I think I might try a SuperFast with a new Miyazaki lightweight shaft. Talk about club head speed!

Well I only started playing in May and I am using loaners from a friend of my dad (since my dad's a lefty his stuff won't help). Here's what I am considering filling my bag with...

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree or Nike VR Str8 Fit - I have a pretty strong slice (mostly due to the fact that I let my hands lag behind my body...I'm working on correcting it) and I feel like the Nike will be a better choice since I can adjust it as I keep developing my setup (my 6th and final lesson is Thursday). I went in a launch monitor and both clubs let me hit it long and straight.

Irons: Debating between Nike Victory Red full cavity or Taylormade R9's

Woods: Jury's still out

Putter: I'm okay with the Ping I'm using

Right now for some reason although i don't have the cash for it I really want a Nike VR Tour. I've always had Nike drivers and I want to upgrade from my Dymo to the newest.

So Jerome is selling his X-24's, which btw can be found in the for sale section, and that means he needs to let us know what the replacement irons might be.

I saw those, thought about talking to him about them but I have not swung them at all and not sure if they are right for me. Rather wait till outing then see what I find there,

he told me he was playing his old mp-30s but then he was getting some Tour edge exotic CNC forged irons. he said he liked the blades better.

Well I only started playing in May and I am using loaners from a friend of my dad (since my dad's a lefty his stuff won't help). Here's what I am considering filling my bag with...

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree or Nike VR Str8 Fit - I have a pretty strong slice (mostly due to the fact that I let my hands lag behind my body...I'm working on correcting it) and I feel like the Nike will be a better choice since I can adjust it as I keep developing my setup (my 6th and final lesson is Thursday). I went in a launch monitor and both clubs let me hit it long and straight.

Irons: Debating between Nike Victory Red full cavity or Taylormade R9's

Woods: Jury's still out

Putter: I'm okay with the Ping I'm using

my motto is adjust the swing, not the club! But I am sure others will argue that. There are reviews on both of those iron sets on here and many people here use the R9's. Look in peoples signatures and see what they are gaming and ask as many questions as possible. Good luck!

hey which is the new 2010 e6 ball? the e6 or e6+. just thought id ask here so i wouldn't bring up a year old thread to the top.

hey which is the new 2010 e6 ball? the e6 or e6+. just thought id ask here so i wouldn't bring up a year old thread to the top.

The e6 is the new version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pondering Jerome's X24's lol

Bridgestone went from the e6 to the e6 + and then back to the e6 again.

pondering Jerome's X24's lol

I so want to jump on them as well but we got the outing coming up and I haven't hit those yet. My R7's are getting a bit stale.

I hit OEM's the last time we played and they're definitely hot off the face but forgiving as well. I hear you about the Outing as well
I so want to jump on them as well but we got the outing coming up and I haven't hit those yet. My R7's are getting a bit stale.

I tried the six iron X24 a while back. It was sitting in my instructor's teaching area and man that thing was sweet! If I didn't love my snakes so much, I might have to take a bite out of these puppies........

There was an R9 with the TP Motore shaft in it at PGA SS. I hit a couple shots with it. AWESOME. Is the TP shaft for R9 much different than the non TP? My SS was a lot higher with the TP shaft. Its $139 and I was thinking of picking it up.

Edit: But of course Im waiting for the outing because I really want to get a Superfast.... I'm in love. lol.

There was an R9 with the TP Motore shaft in it at PGA SS. I hit a couple shots with it. AWESOME. Is the TP shaft for R9 much different than the non TP? My SS was a lot higher with the TP shaft. Its $139 and I was thinking of picking it up.

Edit: But of course Im waiting for the outing because I really want to get a Superfast.... I'm in love. lol.

I think it is very different in our testing. The F1 version has a different feel and felt stiffer to us. Just very different shafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back