Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the feel of the decade compounds. Need the extra tacky grip for the humidity here. No issues with vibration for me

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

Love the feel of the decade compounds. Need the extra tacky grip for the humidity here. No issues with vibration for me

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

I know the red ones would look killer on my VRs.

I cant stand them for putter grips. I know a lot of people love them, but I dont like feeling stitching on my hands during putting.

how is the texture different from a cord crip? Is it annoying cuz of the size? They do seem pretty big running down the back.

how is the texture different from a cord crip? Is it annoying cuz of the size? They do seem pretty big running down the back.

Just dont like the texture of the stitches for me.

9 iron, for what its worth, golf digest did a hot list for grips:

Hotlist for Grips

It lists firmness in the description for each. It has the GP Multicompound as a medium firm gold winner. I love this grip but its not real soft.

9 iron, for what its worth, golf digest did a hot list for grips:

Hotlist for Grips

It lists firmness in the description for each. It has the GP Multicompound as a medium firm gold winner. I love this grip but its not real soft.

Thanks G4L, I'll check it out!

B/W would look $$$ on the CB's

I'm sure they would... they look pretty killer on the MCs. I kinda wish I got the Red/Black ones now though as since we put in our specs I picked up a red/black Sun Mountain C130 bag.

I'm sure they would... they look pretty killer on the MCs. I kinda wish I got the Red/Black ones now though as since we put in our specs I picked up a red/black Sun Mountain C130 bag.

I actually prefer the look of the white ones on yours G4L. The red looks good, but the white looks better IMO.

mmmmmm...yes!
Those new UST Mamiya grips in black and white.

nah, those B/W's look crazy good with that chrome finish

yeppers
I actually prefer the look of the white ones on yours G4L. The red looks good, but the white looks better IMO.

mmmmmmmmm....yes!
Those new UST Mamiya grips in black and white.

nah, those B'W's look sick with the chrome finish

yeppers

A shout out to those pondering the MP T-11s. I have grown very fond of them since OEMing them in the fall. I went with the nickel finish and they look great, without any glare issues.

The last 3 rounds I've played with them, I don't remember a "bad" wedge shot, and several really nice results. The heavy head and minimum bounce is working for me, and the DG Spinner shaft imparts a smooth sensation through the swing.

Thanks for the info. Just went to golfsmith to try and buy a 56, but they didn't have the bounce I wanted. Going to try and pick up a 56/10 in black nickel next week when I make it back to VA. Will probably go ahead and get a 60/05 while I am at it.

no longer pondering what driver I'm going to use for 2011 (subject to change after the Outing). Going into 2011 I'm going to use the Ping K15. The thing is just a cannon with a hot face and amazing sound. I was killing it last night with the doo-doo shaft in it and I'm convinced that the thing is going to be a weapon of grass destruction when the C Kua goes into it this weekend. Can't wait to take it to the range to see the results I get with it.

no longer pondering what driver I'm going to use for 2011 (subject to change after the Outing). Going into 2011 I'm going to use the Ping K15. The thing is just a cannon with a hot face and amazing sound. I was killing it last night with the doo-doo shaft in it and I'm convinced that the thing is going to be a weapon of grass destruction when the C Kua goes into it this weekend. Can't wait to take it to the range to see the results I get with it.

Thats awesome Hanks. I like the sound of the K15 and some of the numbers I was seeing with it, but the stock shaft is doo doo as you say and at the moment I don't have another shaft around that would be good to put in.

Looking forward to hearing your results with the C. Kua. I am putting one in my R11 if it will ever ship to the golf shop.

Good luck with the club- looking to test the K15 against my G15 soon - and if I purchase it, it will be with an upgraded shaft.

Finally watched the full video for the Z Star driver. I don't know why I'm hitting other drivers.

Blind9 can order you one! Its a sweet club. Didn't get a chance to try the different settings, but it looked/felt/worked great in the neutral position.

I'm definitely going to keep them in mind. I want to hit one first just to make sure its gravy for my swing. But the adjustability, app that you use to adjust... MAN!

Blind9 can order you one! Its a sweet club. Didn't get a chance to try the different settings, but it looked/felt/worked great in the neutral position.

Big demo day I attended today, got to hit the Mashie which I wanted to check out the most and I loved it.. Bought it today, however was not thrilled with the new Launcher drivers which dissapointed me. CG15 with DSG 60' i hit and it was outstanding as well, dunno if I should spend 120 for it, its that good to me! The Nike new wedge felt good as well, and the Razr Hawk driver was the top one for me by far, so good to be able to check out what is what. Hawk is on my list to pick up next, but 60' wedge too. What do you guys think about the CG14 wedge and the differences with the cg15 for those who have had both?

Big demo day I attended today, got to hit the Mashie which I wanted to check out the most and I loved it.. Bought it today, however was not thrilled with the new Launcher drivers which dissapointed me. CG15 with DSG 60' i hit and it was outstanding as well, dunno if I should spend 120 for it, its that good to me! The Nike new wedge felt good as well, and the Razr Hawk driver was the top one for me by far, so good to be able to check out what is what. Hawk is on my list to pick up next, but 60' wedge too. What do you guys think about the CG14 wedge and the differences with the cg15 for those who have had both?

I think Hawk is married but you never know. :D Glad you loved the Mashie man, and the Razr is a great driver.

Ha I knew that was coming when I wrote that down. Im torn on the wedge part though, I dont think I know how much a difference there really is with the cg14 and cg15 because I havent hit the cg14 but i think I can demo it at GG tommorow if I would like, and the price difference being a good amount idk what to do about that.

Ha I knew that was coming when I wrote that down. Im torn on the wedge part though, I dont think I know how much a difference there really is with the cg14 and cg15 because I havent hit the cg14 but i think I can demo it at GG tommorow if I would like, and the price difference being a good amount idk what to do about that.

You know, Ive hit both and I think the CG14 is a great wedge. I think the thing about the CG14 that people didnt like was that orange thing on the back. They felt great and are very forgiving. Im willing to bet you hit both and if the price is stupid cheap on the CG14 you end up with it. The went more classic with the shape and look for the CG15 along with those laser etched faces. Cleveland makes a great wedge so either way you win.

Orange is my fav color so I wouldnt even have a problem with that lol. But yeah I mean if it feels similar, I believe the CG14 is 90, CG15 is 120 but the GG in Ft Myers where I am at doesnt have the DSG grind so I may just go with the CG14 anyway if it feels good. Just not being able to hit on grass concerns me a bit, but Cleveland wedges are solid no matter what so Ill just see tommorow what I can do. thanks for the info Kev!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back